    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 1998
      requests for unsubscribing, and e-mail change sent to the editor, will
      be completely IGNORED, so don't expect a reply.*

      .______________________________.
      | Thursday, October 1st, 1998 | W R E S T L I N G O N L I N E
      | | N E W S L E T T E R # 1 9 4
      | *Issue #194* |
      | | Wrestling-Online.com's Official Newsletter
      | Editor@... | Editor: Colin Vassallo
      |______________________________|
      | |
      | Total Subscribers: 5,787 | HTTP://WWW.WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM
      |______________________________|

      TODAY'S TOP STORY: RAY TRAYLOR (BIG BOSS MAN) SIGNS WITH THE WWF

      Contents:

      1 i - Opening Words From The Editor
      ii - Today's Top Story

      2- World Wrestling Federation
      i - News & Rumors

      3- World Championship Wrestling
      i - News & Rumors

      4- Columns
      i - Memory Lane

      5- Subscription Information
      i - Subscribe/Unsubscribe
      ii - E-mail Change

      ****** GET YOUR OWN "YOURNAME 3:16" T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.spcltees.com/316.html FOR JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! SPCLTEES.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      1 OPENING WORDS FROM THE EDITOR
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      By Colin Vassallo
      E-mail: Editor@...

      Oh well, the "Today's Top Story" section was supposed to be sent in a
      "Late Breaking News" edition, but egroups.com spent alot of time before
      they mailed me back for approval, so it wasn't exactly "Late Breaking
      News" then. So Norton, we're draw. 1 each man. By the way, this is a bet
      between me and Blake Norton, to see which newsletter will be more
      screwed by egroups.com

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

      TODAY'S TOP STORY
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      By Colin Vassallo
      E-mail: Editor@...

      Ray Traylor, formerly known as the Big Boss Man in the late 80s and
      early 90s, has re-signed with the World Wrestling Federation.

      Traylor, 43, from Georgia, left the World Wrestling Federation in late
      1992, then joined WCW, and used alot of different gimmicks. He
      disappeared from the WCW scene this year, and went back to Titanland to
      ask for a job.

      The former "Big Boss Man", 6'5", entered the federation at 357 pounds,
      now he's down to 290 pounds.

      It's still unsure what his current position will be in the federation,
      but one might think about a possible new 'bodyguard' for Vince McMahon.
      He always had the cop / bodyguard gimmick, and the "Big Boss Man" was
      over with the WWF fans.

      Will he be back as the "Big Boss Man"? When will he return? Only time
      will tell, just look out for any RAW this month.

      ==============
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      Go to http://www.reel.com/cgi-bin/reel.exe/WRON/welcome.html to buy ANY
      VHS videos and the newest DVDs! REEL.COM, the largest video store and
      CHEAPEST on the internet, providing videos to The Internet Movie
      Database, Mr. Showbiz, TV Guide, WebTV, Hollywood Online, Film.com, and
      a host of other sites.
      ==============

      ____ __ ______
      2 \ \ \ / \ / ____/
      \ \ \/ /\ \/ /___ WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION
      \ \ / \ / __/ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      \ \/ /\ \/ /
      \__/ \__/

      NEWS & RUMORS
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Wrestling-Online NewsStation
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/newsstation/

      - WWF got spots 4 and 9 in the week of September 21, to 27 top cable
      ratings.

      4. ``WWF Wrestling'' (Monday, 9 p.m.), USA, 3.2, 3.15 million homes.
      9. ``WWF Wrestling'' (Monday, 10 p.m.), USA, 2.9, 2.87 million homes.

      - The WWF website did an interview with Lawler this past Monday
      (backstage), and if you have Microsoft Media Player, you can check it
      out by going to http://www.wwf.com/media/netshow/jerryinter.asx (Joe De
      Leon)

      - Ratings: Livewire 1.7
      SuperStars 1.2
      Sunday Night Heat 3.3 (competed against BREAKDOWN on the west coast)

      - This week's WWF Traning Camp featured the following, courtesy of Dave
      Meltzer:

      • Kurt Angle: He is said to be the star of the camp, and is being
      compared to Ken Shamrock, since he is picking up everything quickly. He
      won't make his debut on
      television anytime soon, since WWF wants to give him a major push, and
      won't give it to him until he's completely ready.

      • Matt and Jeff Hardy (Hardy Boys): They have wrestled matches on WWF TV
      already.

      • Tom Howard: Known as KGB from the AAA promotion

      • Glenn Kulka: Returning from minor knee injury.

      • Jay Reso (Christian Cage): Currently part of angle with Gangrel and
      Edge.

      • Other stars in the training camp art Andrew Martin, Matt Bloom,
      Brakus, Shawn Stasiak, and Giant Silva.

      - Steven Regal is undergoing heavy therapy on his ankle, and is expected
      to return to television in a few more weeks on Raw is War. All will be
      working house shows this weekend.

      =============
      NEW! TO WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM - DOWNLOAD AND SEND YOUR E-MAILS FROM YOUR
      WEB BROWSER! IT'S FAST, SECURE AND IT'S ***FREE***. ALL YOU NEED TO DO
      IS PUT THE PASSWORD THAT YOU USE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR E-MAIL, AND WRITE DOWN
      YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS! GO TO
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/wrestling-online/anyemail.cgi
      =============

      __ __ ___ __ __
      3 \ \ /\ / // __\\ \ /\ / /
      \ \/ // /| | \ \/ // / WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
      \ // / | |___ \ // / ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      \/ \/ \___/ \/ \/

      NEWS & RUMORS
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Wrestling-Online NewsStation
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/newsstation/

      - Rey Mysterio Jr. is now RUMORED to join the WWF ranks. Also, WCW told
      all their merchandise makers to STOP doing merchandise of The Giant. The
      Giant no showed in some past shows, and said that he had an offer from
      another company. The WWF gave The Giant a 1 million dollar contract.

      - WCW got spots 3, 7, 10 and 14 in the week of September 21, to 27 top
      cable ratings.

      3. ``World Championship Wrestling'' (Monday, 8 p.m.), TNT, 3.2, 3.21
      million homes.
      7. ``WCW Thunder'' (Thursday, 9:08 p.m.), TBS, 2.9, 2.92 million homes.
      10. ``World Championship Wrestling'' (Monday, 10 p.m.), TNT, 2.9, 2.86
      million homes.
      14. ``World Championship Wrestling'' (Monday, 9 p.m.), TNT, 2.7, 2.66
      million homes.

      - Ratings: Saturday Night: 1.8

      - The following story was printed today (10/1), from Falls Church,
      Virginia, by PR Newsire:

      Capital One and World Championship Wrestling Ask Millions of Wrestling
      Fans: Are You Ready to Play With Power?

      Two Marketing Powerhouses Get in the Ring Together to Launch Credit Card

      Capital One Bank and World Championship Wrestling (WCW), a subsidiary of
      Turner Sports (a Time Warner Company), descended upon Wall Street today
      as they proudly announced their alliance to issue WCW/Capital One
      MasterCard credit cards to the legion of professional wrestling fans
      across the country. The two companies unveiled the credit cards at a
      press conference this morning with eight of the most popular figures in
      professional wrestling history before the wrestlers stormed the floor of
      the New York Stock Exchange and will later ring the closing bell.

      Hollywood Hogan, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Bill Goldberg, Diamond Dallas
      Page, "The Total Package" Lex Luger, Bret Hart, "Big, Sexy" Kevin Nash
      and Sting, whose images will be emblazoned on the WCW/Capital One
      MasterCard, joined executives from both Capital One and WCW as they
      unveiled the new credit card designs on Broad Street before a crowd at
      the New York Stock Exchange.

      The program is a marriage of the technological and marketing expertise
      of Capital One and WCW to develop a product that enables the more than
      32 million fans of WCW Wrestling to design their own credit card from 12
      different images -- ranging from pictures of the organization's most
      famous faces to the WCW or NWO (New World Order) logos.

      "We wanted a product that every one of our 32 million fans would be
      proud to carry. Capital One can deliver the right card to the right
      customer," said Michael Weber, Director of Marketing for WCW.

      Capital One and WCW will offer a toll-free number, (800) WCW-CARD, for
      wrestling fans to easily apply for the card. WCW/Capital One cardholders
      will receive exclusive benefits including:

      * Discounts on all WCW catalogue merchandise ordered by telephone

      * Quarterly newsletter with the latest behind-the-scenes news and
      calendar updates

      * Sweepstakes -- two grand prize winners will receive a trip for four to
      a WCW pay-per-view event including airfare, hotel accommodations and
      backstage passes

      * Each purchase is an additional entry into the grand prize drawings

      "For the first time ever, we're giving wrestling fans the power to
      choose the look of their own credit card," said Paul Cusenza, Capital
      One's Vice President of Value-Added Alliances. "It's an exciting
      opportunity for wrestling fans to show their loyalty to the WCW and
      their favorite wrestlers in a new and different way."

      World Championship Wrestling, "Where The Big Boys Play," is a subsidiary
      of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner Company. WCW produces
      and markets television programs and live events featuring wrestling
      superstars. Check out WCW's Web site at www.wcw.com.

      Headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia, Capital One Financial
      Corporation (www.capitalone.com) is a holding company whose principle
      subsidiaries, Capital One Bank and Capital One, F.S.B., offer consumer
      lending products. Capital One's subsidiaries collectively had 13.6
      million customers and $15.0 billion in managed loans outstanding as of
      June 30, 1998, and are among the largest providers of MasterCard and
      Visa credit cards in the world. Capital One trades on the New York Stock
      Exchange under the symbol "COF" and is included in the S&P 500 Index.
      (Capital One Financial Corporation / PR Newswire)

      4 COLUMNS
      ^^^^^^^

      MEMORY LANE - Part 2
      ^^^^^^^^^^^
      By Jason Cantwell
      E-mail: Madklingon@...

      In order to more adequately serve you, my readership, I have decided
      that I should divide each issue of Memory Lane into two parts like this
      issue, thus making both Colin's job as editor and your jobs as reader
      that much easier and evne enjoyable. Bon appetit!

      Just to recap last week's questions. . .

      1) What was your take on the drunken appearances of WWF
      star LOD Hawk and WCW star Scott Hall on their respsctive Monday night
      programs?
      2) What is your opinion of Hacksaw Jim Duggan's big
      shocking announcement on WCW Thunder a few weeks ago?
      3) What do you think will come of ECW's Sandman moving to
      the WCW? And what do you think of the Warrior's impact on WCW so far?

      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

      From: David Pan <pand@...>
      1) At first I thought that the angle with Hawk being drunk in the ring
      was funny because he was making fun of Hall because I was none too happy
      with Hall for going nWo Hollywood. But now it's kind of sad because we
      all know that Hall has real problems but this angle will hopefully bring
      the Outsiders back together. And this can also bring LOD back to top
      form and add to the ranks of the WWF tag teams which are lacking in both
      federations, especially WCW.
      2) We'll all miss Hacksaw Jim Duggan even if he was rather uninteresting
      at the end of his career. I hate to even talk about this being the end
      of his career and I hope that I'm speaking too soon. my favorite memory
      of Hacksaw is when he took Sgt. Slaughter back after he had repented and
      asked to have his country forgive him. And I also wished that he would
      win a title one day, I thought his best chance was a Lumberjack match
      for the IC title on a very early RAW. I can't remember if it was Shawn
      Michaels or someone else, but I really thought he would win it that
      night. We'll miss Hacksaw.
      3) Cant says that I've ever seen the Sandman and I don't really
      anticipate his coming. But the Warrior. Oh the Warrior. we had
      anticipated his return for many months and his return was spectacular!
      But after the first few weeks, he got really old. And I hate to say
      that because the Warrior used to be one of my favorite wrestlers. The
      Warrior spends too much time talking and not enough time in matches. I
      wish WCW would get better bookers for their shows. I'm no big fan of
      WCW and I love the WWF but with all of WCW's talent, they should be
      doing so much more with them. And when are we
      going to see Warrior/Goldberg?

      From: LYDIAEB@...
      glad you asked these questions:
      1) very disturbing to see Hawk and Scott Hall do these things. If they
      really have a problem, is it a good idea to lampoon it???
      2) sorry to hear about Hacksaw. Best memory of him was on Saturday
      Night's Main event when he hit Andre the Giant with that 2x4 and when
      Andre turned around, Hacksaw literally ran from the ring.
      3) Sandman will have no impact because he is an abysmall wrestler.
      Warrior should jump ship after Halloween Havoc.

      From: Drumlab@...
      1. The Hawk/ Scott Hall angles seem to be a little melodramatic. They
      have less to do with wrestling and conflict than many of the abgles that
      have been set up in the past. I can't see a satisfactory conclusion to
      these angles in the ring. What are Animal and Nash supposed to do, beat
      the crap out of them until they realize that they're heading down the
      wrong road? Good therapy! Let's go beat up the AA members until they see
      the light. One *POW* Day *SMASH* At *SLAP* A *CRASH* Time, jabronie.
      2. Hacksaw lacked a lot of the abilities of many wrestlers, but he was a
      great PR person and ambassador for any organization. His impact is
      evident even today when you go to a wrestling event and let out a good
      "Ho !" and you see how many answers you get in the arena. He remained
      well-liked by the fans and he was the sort of guy a fan could identify
      with because his abs weren't well-defined and he couldn't do spectacular
      moves but he fought for what he believed in. His continued association
      with wrestling is a boon to any organization that he affiliates with.
      3. I don't expect any impact from the Sandman. His decision to move to
      "family-value" WCW is going to geld his whole character. Expect the
      usual initial push and then a demotion to midcard and jobber status in 3
      months. Has anyone seen "Raven" lately ?
      As for the Warrior, his entrance was just what I expected, a covered up
      body to hide the fact that he's not in the same shape he used to be and
      the continuing saga of his brain not connecting properly to his mouth
      and lips. I admire guys like Nash, HHH, Roaddog and Ted DiBiase who
      always spoke well and easily. If what they say is scripted, you can't
      tell and their ad-libbing is superb. I keep waiting to see the Warrior
      enter the arena with the Ultimate Cue-Card Guy

      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

      NEW QUESTIONS! GET YER RED-HOT NEW QUESTIONS HERE! WHO WANTS TO ANSWER
      SOME NEW QUESTIONS?!

      1) What single wrestler or tag team has had the best
      gimmick in the history of wrestling?
      2) What single wrestler or tag team has had the worst
      gimmick in the history of wrestling?
      3) What is your all-time favourite wrestling music theme?

      As always, all responses to this and other articles should be directed
      to MadKlingon@..., *NOT* the editor of the newsletter. Talk
      to y'all next time!

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

      E-MAIL CHANGE
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      If you are changing e-mails, first Unsubscribe your current e-mail
      address, then subscribe again with your new e-mail.

      NOTE: ALL requests for unsubscribing, subscribing and e-mail change sent
      to the editor, will be completely IGNORED. The mailing list manager we
      use is automatic and it will subscibe/unsubscribe you in a matter of
      seconds. An e-mail to confirm your request will be sent to you
      immidiatley after you completed your request.

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-1998 Wrestling-Online