    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2002
      Buy 1 get 11 CDs free! http://psstt.com/1/c/22607/36859/179749/179749

      http://www.wrestlingdotcom.com - All new design!

      | (_) | .` | |__ | || .` | _| Friday, May 31st 2002

      It's sad to see SLAM! Wrestling 'close'. It's not really closing as in
      shutting down, but the last person on that site, John Powell left as
      well. SLAM! Wrestling was a great site and was slowing down once the
      whole staff was being let go by their parent company CANOE. The website
      was one my personal favs, and I'm sure it will never be the same without
      the crew.

      That's all for today, gotta jet to bed and start learning to wake up
      early for the next month to catch the World Cup games. Dammit, of all
      places, why in Korea and Japan? :(

      Post your comments/feedback on the news at our new Reader's Forum at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/cgi-bin/teemz/teemz.cgi
      Order the WWF EncycRAWpedia CD-ROM from WrestlingMegastore.com
      for the price of $5.95 only, a nice discount from the $24.95
      retail regular price! Check out all the best moments from the
      glory days of RAW Is WAR from 1998 and 1999 and watch clips
      from Austin/McMahon feud, the Union formation, the Corporate
      Ministry, The Rock's journey to the top and other stuff that
      includes printable photos, sounds and screensavers! Only $5.95
      and only from ---> HTTP://WWW.WRESTLINGMEGASTORE.COM

      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news

      > RATINGS KEEP SINKING
      - The bad news continue for the folks at WWE headquarters as the rating
      for Smackdown! came in a low 3.3 with a 6.0 share, down another 0.3 from
      the previous week. Viewers keep turning away. (Ratings compiled by
      Nielsen Media Research and put online by 1wrestling.com)

      > FEMALE FINALISTS WIN TOUGH ENOUGH 2 CONTEST
      - Surprise! The two remaining female contestants, Jackie and Linda, were
      confirmed as Tough Enough 2 winners and were handed a one year WWE
      developmental contract. The choosing of the two females came in as a
      surprise to many of the people. For this season, rules were changed so
      it could be two people from the same sex to win the contest unlike the
      first season. Both winners will now be sent to either Ohio Valley
      Wrestling or Heartland Wrestling Association to continue their training.

      > NEW TRAINER FOR TOUGH ENOUGH 3
      - Al Snow and Ivory will return for the third Tough Enough season to
      start airing in September. A new trainer will join the duo, this time it
      will be WWE star Hugh Morrus. Morrus haven't been used on WWE TV lately
      although he does work the live events. This opportunity will surely be a
      plus to Morrus. WWE.COM also have some interesting interviews with
      trainers Al Snow and Ivory, the four finalists, other TE2 crew and
      Jackie's boyfriend! You can read them at
      http://www.wwe.com/news/headlines/ . The third season of Tough Enough
      will start airing in September. Selection process ends this week.

      > OFF AIR NOTES FROM SMACKDOWN!
      - Wrestling-Online Newsletter readers Fred Zdanowicz and Lorne Starko
      attended the Smackdown! tapings this past Tuesday and filed in the
      following notes. Stacy Keibler was announced at being in NY to prepare
      for the TE2 show however she was doing some work at a Calgary
      restaurant. After the show went off the air Hulk Hogan and Edge did the
      Hulk pose for the next 10 minutes. Stu Hart, Bruce Hart and other Hart
      family members were in attendance.

      > FAN INCIDENT FROM RAW EDITED OFF THE UK FEED
      - The fan incident during the ladder match on RAW was cut thanks to the
      magic of video editing from the UK feed of WWE RAW, shown a couple of
      hours ago on SKY Sports 1. The edit was done perfectly and those who
      didn't know about it would have never guessed that it was edited out.
      For those of you who missed it, a crazy fan ran in during the main event
      and tipped the ladder with Eddie Guerrero still on top. He then later
      got a shot from Guerrero and was taken down by security.

      > WWE MEMBERS ATTEND SMITH'S MEMORIAL SERVICE
      - W-O Newsletter reader Fred Zdanowicz sent in word that Vince McMahon,
      Stephanie McMahon, Triple H, Jim Ross, Hulk Hogan and Chris Benoit all
      attended the Davey Boy Smith memorial service held in Calgary the day of
      the Smackdown! tapings. Bret Hart was also there. Davey's body will now
      be flown to England for an investigation.

      > STOCKS
      - Stocks closed the day at 14.65, a 3.31% increase over the previous
      trade. The day's range was 14.20 - 14.65.