505[wrestling-online] Wrestling-Online Newsletter #492

    Jan 2, 2000
      TO UNSUBSCRIBE E-MAIL: wrestling-online-unsubscribe@egroups.com

      W R E S T L I N G - O N L I N E
      N E W S L E T T E R

      Sunday, January 2nd, 2000

      I S S U E # 4 9 2

      The Official daily newsletter of Wrestling-Online.com

      ----------------------------------
      | Editor: |
      | Colin Vassallo |
      | Editor@... |
      ----------------------------------

      TOTAL SUBSCRIBERS: 12,159
      -------------------------

      ****** GET YOUR OWN CUSTOM MADE WRESTLING T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.wearthis.com STARTING FROM JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! WEARTHIS.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      Hello everyone. Welcome to the first edition of the newsletter of the
      year 2000! Today we're debuting the ECW section, with help from Luis
      from Just-ECW.com .

      And did you notice that we're just a few issues away from the 500th
      edition?

      ======================================
      "WWFtees.com is "Layin the Smack Down" with EXCLUSIVE WWF T-shirts.
      There are no gimmicks or nonsense at our site. Just the best wrestling
      tees on the planet. We carry the most up-to-date cutting-edge designs
      and offer the largest selection of WWF tees. Connect with us today
      because at WWFtees.com "it doesn't matter what your name is, you will
      be glad you came." | http://www.wwftees.com
      ======================================

      > MCMAHON PLACES 5TH
      - The CEO of the WWF Vince McMahon placed 5th in the TIME's Best People
      of 1999 Asian edition. Here's the paragraph that accompanied McMahon's
      name in the magazine. "Those who consider pro wrestling a sad joke
      should consider this: during his tenure as head of the World Wrestling
      Federation, McMahon has turned the spectacle of muscle-bound men
      bouncing off each other into one of America's preeminent TV experiences.
      When the WWF went public in October, McMahon became an instant
      billionaire, with the stock--all owned by McMahon and family--worth
      $1.7 billion. On tap: a record label, film deals, theme restaurants and
      even a Las Vegas hotel."

      > WWFE STOCK
      - The World Wrestling Federation closed the year 1999 with a high note
      when it came to stocks. WWFE ended the trading with a 17 1/4 a share,
      that's a 20.00% increase from their previous trade. The previous day
      they closed at 14 3/8 a share.

      > SMACKDOWN RATING
      - Smackdown! on UPN last Thursday pulled a 4.8 rating with an 8.0 share

      > MANKIND & CHEF BOYARDEE
      - Mick Foley taped another commercial for Chef Boyardee. WWF.com takes
      you behind the scenes of the filming. Check out videos and pictures at
      http://www.wwf.com/news/headlines/1999/12/chef/20a.html

      > RUMBLE SCREEN SAVER FEATURES MAIN EVENT?
      - Things' WWF Royal Rumble screen saver has Triple H and Cactus Jack as
      one of the main pictures with the Rumble logo beneath them. You can
      check out the picture at http://www.wwf.com/xtras/things/rr1.jpg or
      download the screen saver at
      http://thingworld.wwf.com/registration/login.asp

      > RAW PREVIEW
      - DirecTV posted the following RAW preview: 9:00 PM: Triple H and
      Stephanie torment Mankind; 10:00 PM: Vince McMahon attempts to stop the
      madness. Once again, DirecTV are usually inaccurate, so take it as you
      want.

      ======================================
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      ** W R E S T L I N G M E G A S T O R E **
      Visit the all new Wrestling Megastore! Faster and easier to
      navigate with over 50 new items added. Check it out at
      [http://www.wrestling-online.com/megastore/%5d
      ======================================

      > BEST OF NITRO RATING
      - The Best of Nitro program that aired on Tuesday night on TNT drew a
      1.7 rating with a 2.7 share. Quarter hour breakdowns are as follows:
      1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.5; 1.6, 1.6, 1.7, 2.2; 1.8, 1.6, 1.5, 1.7. The show was
      on for three hours.

      > NITRO MATCHES
      - Some matches has been announced already for tomorrow's Nitro. Here
      they are: PG-13 vs Kevin Nash and Big Poppa Pump; Midnight & Lash LeRoux
      vs Crow Bar & David Flair; Asya & Norman Smiley vs Buff Bagwell and
      Kanyon; Buzzkill & Mike Rotunda vs The Harris Boys. Also WCW announced
      that a new commissioner will be introduced to the fans.

      > CURRENT SOULED OUT PPV MATCHES
      - Here is the current "Souled Out" PPV matches: Bret Hart vs Sid
      Vicious; Jeff Jarrett vs Chris Benoit; Norman Smiley vs Brian Knobs vs
      Meng vs Fit Finlay; Tank Abbott vs Jerry Flynn; Diamond Dallas Page vs
      Buff Bagwell.

      ======================================
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      DRESS LIKE THE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING
      Come visit the largest selection of Outfits, Costumes, and Lingerie the
      Internet has to offer! * 4Dancers.Com * We sell what the members of
      the "TRAIN" are wearing so look your best and come check out the site.
      Free Gift with first order. http://www.4dancers.com
      ======================================

      ECW News contributed by Luis at http://www.Just-ECW.com

      > TANAKA INJURED
      - Masato Tanaka unfortunately suffered an injury when he faced Mike
      Awesome at which he
      beat him for the ECW World Heavyweight Title. He got a busted up elbow
      which bled profusely. Despite his injury, Tanaka is still continuing his
      wrestling duties.

      > NEWCOMERS IMPRESSING
      - ECW newcomers W*ING, Ikuto Hidaka, and Vic Grimes are all impressing
      ECW management and they may be offered long term contracts with the
      company.

      > EPIC RECORDS HELP ECW
      - ECW was given $10,000 from Epic Records in order to promote the band
      Dope. In the
      future, Epic Records may give ECW the rights to use other groups from
      the successful record company.

      > COMMERCIAL FOR THE NEW GAME
      - Commercials for the new ECW game called "Hardcore Revolution" which is
      being produced by Acclaim Entertainment are scheduled to start airing
      this month, both on ECW on TNN and on Hardcore TV.

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-2000 Wrestling-Online