    Aug 27, 2014

      Wednesday, August 27, 2014 Issue #4224

      The last newsletter was supposed to read #4223 not #4224, this is #4224.
      Sometimes I can’t even do plus one.

      They all start somewhere else! Before they were WWE/NXT
      Stars, they made their life on the indys. See Kevin Steen,
      Cesaro, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan before they were stars
      over at http://www.diywrestling.com/

      > WCW MONDAY NITRO ON WWE NETWORK FROM NEXT WEEK
      - WCW fans who subscribe to the WWE Network will be happy to hear that the
      addition of the WCW flagship show Monday Nitro to the Network will start
      rolling next week. Nitro has been surprisingly missing from the Network
      since launch day and the only footage of WCW currently available on the
      over-the-top streaming service are the pay-per-views. Over 100 hours of
      Nitro will be ready to stream from next week and considering Nitro was a
      one hour show for the first couple of years, 100 hours will be the first
      two years of the show, from 1995 to 1997.

      > HEYMAN TAKES THE ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE…SORT OF!
      - Paul Heyman took the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge the only way Paul Heyman
      knows how to do it - complete with a promo…and a hot Paul Heyman Girl on
      his side. The only difference was that instead of Heyman getting the
      shower, the Heyman chick - dressed, hm, very appropriately - dropped the
      bucket of ice and water on herself and then took off the shirt to reveal
      two huge…well, you get the point. The Heyman Girl was Luci Ford, a Hustle
      Temp Tats supermodel. You can watch the video at http://w-o.it/1lu3M2X

      > RAW RATING
      - Monday Night RAW this week drew a total of 3,974,000 viewers, the first
      time since May 26 that the show has dipped below the 4 million viewers
      mark. It was down 220,000 viewers from last week’s show overall. Hour one
      did 3,859,000, followed by 4,057,000 in the second hour and then 4,005,000
      in the third and final hour. (Ratings credit: PWInsider.com)

      > RVD WRAPS UP LATEST WWE STINT
      - Former WWE and ECW champion Rob Van Dam will be off WWE television for
      the next couple of months after this Friday’s Smackdown as his usual three
      month working deal with WWE was wrapped up on Tuesday at the tapings. It
      is not known when RVD will be back on television but it most likely be
      around Royal Rumble time as then he can work through WrestleMania 31
      before taking off again. RVD has a very odd working agreement with WWE
      where he comes to work for three months and then disappears for that same
      amount of time if not more before resurfacing for another three month gig.
      This was part of his agreement to return to WWE in July 2013.

      > LUCHA UNDERGROUND TO DEBUT ON EL REY NETWORK
      - The El Rey Network today officially announced Lucha Underground, a new
      series from Emmy Award-winning producer Mark Burnett’s One Three Media.
      Production will begin on September 6th in front of a live audience in
      Boyle Heights, Los Angeles. The character-driven, freestyle wrestling
      series is set to debut Wednesday, October 8th at 8PM EST. Blue Demon Jr,
      Sexy Star, Drago, Fenix, and Pentagon Jr, are the first five Luchardores
      to join the show with additional Luchadores to be announced shortly. “Not
      since ‘The Contender’ premiered has a new series combined this level of
      drama and athletic competition." said executive producer Mark Burnett.
      "Our Luchadores are fantastic, the action will be intense – and this
      season is just the beginning.” Scott Sassa, El Rey Network’s Vice Chair,
      said: “The ‘Lucha Underground’ franchise is perfect for El Rey Network. It
      features good versus evil, intense action, humor, drama, great characters
      and most important great stories from two of the best storytellers in the
      business - Mark Burnett and Robert Rodriguez. It’s the perfect time and
      they are the perfect team to bring lucha to America.”