    Aug 4, 2014

      Monday, August 4, 2014 Issue #4208

      Wow so the UFC 178 media day kicked off in a great way with UFC pulling a
      page right out of WWE’s book with a huge brawl right in the lobby of the
      MGM Grand in Las Vegas between the two main eventers. That’s how you sell
      a pay-per-view. The formula always works! Just ask Vince.

      Get the Wrestling-Online.com News app for Android for
      Just 99 cents. Now available on the Google Play Store!
      http://w-o.it/woandroidgps

      > THE UNDERTAKER TO APPEAR AT AUSTIN COMIC CON
      - The Austin, Texas, Comic Con just landed itself one of the biggest stars
      in the WWE as Wizard World today announced that The Undertaker will be
      making a very rare appearance on October 3. The Undertaker will be signing
      autographs and posing for photos from 4:30PM to 8:30PM, making this the
      first announced public appearance since his WrestleMania undefeated streak
      got conquered by Brock Lesnar. “We are honored to announce The
      Undertaker’s first Wizard World appearance,” says John Macaluso, Wizard
      World CEO. “The Undertaker is one of the most recognizable entertainment
      figures in the world, and this will be a memorable experience for the
      entire WWE Universe.” For more information on Wizard World Austin Comic
      Con go to http://www.wizd.me/AustinPR.

      > STING AT SUMMERSLAM WEEKEND FOR WWE 2K15 ROSTER REVEAL
      - WWE today announced that former WCW champion Sting will be traveling to
      Los Angeles for the SummerSlam weekend as he will be part of the WWE 2K15
      roster reveal event. Hosted by Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin, the
      WWE 2K15 roster reveal show will be held on Saturday, August 16, starting
      at 10AM PT, and will also feature John Cena, Hulk Hogan, Roman Reigns,
      Sheamus, and Cesaro. This will be the first time that Sting will be at a
      WWE event and his second public appearance for the company after he showed
      up as a surprise for Mattel’s panel at the San Diego Comic Con for the
      launch of his new action figure.

      > ORTON CALLS FAN “LATINO MS. PIGGY” ON TWITTER
      - TMZ picked up the tweet that Randy Orton wrote bashing a fan that he
      took a photo with by calling her the “Latino Ms. Piggy.” The selfie shows
      a smiling Orton and the fan in front of a gym and the former WWE champ
      tweeted the photo to his girlfriend saying, “Look @kimklro I met the
      Latino Ms. Piggy today at the gym. I wish you were there to have a good
      laugh with me! #MsPig.” According to TMZ, this particular fan had some
      heat with Orton and even his girlfriend when she started sending her
      harassing messages which led to Orton even blocking her on Twitter. The
      fan, Kayla Gomez, wrote on her Twitter that while she was not innocent and
      she did talk trash, it was Orton’s girlfriend who started it. She then
      turned to humor, tweeting, “I wonder where I can find a Miss Piggy shirt?”
      A lot of wrestling fans weren’t happy that Orton used that remark to
      describe her, saying that he came across like a bully.

      > SATURDAY NIGHT’S MAIN EVENT SHOWS ALL ON WWE NETWORK
      - It took a while but finally they’re all up! WWE has finished uploading
      all the episodes of the popular Saturday Night’s Main Event shows from
      1985 to 2008 to the WWE Network. The NBC series started in 1985 and was
      briefly revived in 2006 for 5 episodes before getting canned again in
      2008. Saturday Night’s Main Event was the home to some greatest moments in
      professional wrestling history and they can now be all viewed in the Vault
      section of the WWE Network.

      > USA TODAY LOOKS AT BATISTA IN GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
      - USA Today is running a great story on WWE Superstar Batista titled
      “Ex-pro wrestler Bautista breaks out in Guardians.” The article is
      accompanied by a video interview where USA Today asks the man behind the
      Drax the Destroyer character five questions about his portrayal of Drax,

      if he celebrated when he got the role, his favorite super hero, and more.
      Dave is getting great reviews for his work in the movie and this could be
      the beginning of some very big things for the former champ in Hollywood.
      Guardians of the Galaxy has done an estimated $94,000,000 opening weekend
      domestically and $66,400,000 worldwide. You can see the interview at
      http://w-o.it/1tK9H6e

      > LIVE WWE EVENT RESULTS FROM LUBBOCK, TEXAS
      - W-O reader Matthew Griswold attended the live WWE event in Lubbock,
      Texas, on Saturday night and sent us the following results: Goldust and
      Stardust defeated Ryback and Curtis Axel; Adam Rose defeated Damien
      Sandow; Big E and Diego defeated Heath Slater and Titus O’Neil; Dolph
      Ziggler defeated Alberto Del Rio; AJ Lee defeated Natalya and Paige; Rusev
      defeated Jack Swagger; Big Show and Dean Ambrose defeated Randy Orton and
      Seth Rollins.

      > STEVE AUSTIN’S REDNECK ISLAND STARTS IN THE UK TODAY
      - W-O reader Robert Collie sent in word that Steve Austin’s reality TV
      show Redneck Island will be airing in the United Kingdom starting tonight
      on the new truTV which also launches today. Redneck Island, a show
      somewhat similar to Survivor but hm, for rednecks, will air at 10PM local
      time every day. There are three seasons of Redneck Island with a total of
      30 episodes, 10 in each season. It premiered on June 9, 2012. TruTV is a
      free-to-air channel available on Sky, Virgin and Freeview.