    Jul 16, 2014

      Wednesday, July 16, 2014 Issue #4197

      Nothing to say today. Back tomorrow!

      Get the Wrestling-Online.com News app for Android for
      Just 99 cents. Now available on the Google Play Store!
      http://w-o.it/woandroidgps

      > CM PUNK’S PROFILE MOVED TO WWE.COM’S ALUMNI SECTION
      - CM Punk is officially gone from WWE.COM’s active roster list just one
      day before his contract expires completely. His profile has been moved
      under the WWE Alumni section. Punk signed a new WWE deal in July of 2011
      prior to winning the WWE title from John Cena at Money In The Bank in

      front of his home town fans of Chicago. He last appeared for the WWE at
      the Royal Rumble of this year and the next day at RAW he packed his bags
      and left. Since leaving, Punk has been going to numerous hockey and
      baseball games and got married to current WWE Divas champion AJ Lee as
      well. “Nope, thank YOU. Thanks for all the help and support through the
      years. Health and happiness above all. Don't ever take any shit from
      anybody,” Punk wrote on Twitter in response to all the thank yous he
      received. The hash tag #ThankYouPunk has been trending on Twitter for a
      while too.

      > RAW RATINGS
      - Monday Night RAW this week drew a total of 4,153,000 viewers, down from
      last week's 4,381,000 number. Hour one had 4,000,000 viewers, followed by
      4,231,000 in the second hour, and 4,229,000 in the third and final hour.
      (Ratings credit: PWInsider.com)

      > STING TALKS DEAL WITH WWE
      - Sting was interviewed by the Daily Mirror in the United Kingdom
      regarding his deal with WWE and 2K Sports which sees his involvement in
      the upcoming WWE 2K15 video game. Now 55 years of age, the former WCW
      champion said it was a matter of now or never and he’s done a lot in the
      wrestling business except for one thing - be a part of the WWE family. “I
      didn't want too hang it all up and retire and disappear again without
      having done that in some capacity,” Sting said. Sting also made it no
      secret that he wants to have one big final match, preferably against the
      Undertaker. “I’ve been outspoken about Undertaker being the opponent," he
      said. "I know what happened at WrestleMania where Brock Lesnar broke his

      streak. I think, or at least I'm hoping, that Taker's still going to come
      back and that he's not done. If he's not done, and he would consider doing
      it, I'd love to work with him one time.” Sting hopes that San Francisco
      next year would be the ideal place for his dream match, obviously
      referring to WrestleMania 31. He’s also said that it would be a great
      honor to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame and he would never say no
      to that. When asked if he would appear on live WWE television as part of
      the WWE 2K15 promotion campaign, Sting said he’s all for it. You can read
      the full interview at
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/wwe-sting-confirms-would-love-3866768

      > WRESTLEMANIA XXX WORLD TV PREMIERE ON NBC ON AUGUST 3
      - NBC today announced that its bridging WrestleMania 30 to network
      television on Sunday, August 3, with their yearly one hour special
      starting at 7PM EST. This is the sixth time in a row that NBC will be
      airing the “WrestleMania: The World Television Premiere” special and it
      will feature segments from one of the greatest in-ring moments in history
      with Hogan, Austin, and Rock along with compressed versions of Cena vs
      Wyatt and Undertaker vs Lesnar. Interesting to note that the main event -
      Orton vs Batista vs Bryan - is nowhere to be seen on the press release and
      it doesn’t look like it will be featured on the show.

      > ROCK TALKS ORIGINAL PLANS FOR WRESTLEMANIA XXX
      - Talking to Sports Nation to promote his movie Hercules, Dwayne “The
      Rock” Johnson was pulled into discussion about WWE again and if he wants
      to wrestle again. Just like he said on ESPN’s SportsCenter, The Rock said
      that he would love to do it again and he’s talking to Vince to find a
      suitable opponent who would have a marquee matchup value to that of John
      Cena or Brock Lesnar. Speaking of Lesnar, Rocky confirmed that the plan
      after WrestleMania 29 was for him to start a long feud with Brock Lesnar
      the night after Mania that would lead into one of the main events at
      WrestleMania XXX between him and Brock. He also said that if that match
      did good they were also possibly looking for another rematch at
      WrestleMania 31. Rock told the host that the injury he suffered in his
      match against Cena where he lost the WWE title changed the course of
      everything and he had to fly back home for scans. During the end of the
      interview, Rock name checked Bray Wyatt and his cousin Roman Reigns as
      hungry up-and-coming guys. “I’m not quite too sure when, but I would love
      to go back,” he said. You can watch the segment at http://w-o.it/1mi7fLk

      > LASHLEY SIGNS WITH BELLATOR MMA
      - The current TNA World champion Bobby Lashley has signed a deal with
      Bellator MMA and will feature in their September 5 television event. This
      will be the first time that Lashley fights for the Bellator promotion and
      this deal has been made possible due to Viacom - which owns Spike - owning
      a majority steak in the company. Other similar deals saw MMA fighters King
      Mo, Rampage Jackson, and Tito Ortiz appear on TNA. Lashley is 10-2 in his
      MMA record and will face Josh Burns - with a record of 8-7 - in a
      heavyweight fight. Bellator 123 takes place at the Mohegan Sun Arena in
      Connecticut on September 5 and will be broadcast live and free on Spike TV.