    Jul 12, 2014

      Saturday, July 12, 2014 Issue #4194

      Heading back home today after 8 days in the United States for work. I had
      a 14 hour layover at Washington Dulles after arriving from Charleston but
      thankfully I checked in at a nearby hotel otherwise I would have gone
      mental spending that much time in an airport.

      Just about 12 hours of flying/connection time will kick off in around 2
      hours or so, so I better get going!

      Get the Wrestling-Online.com News app for Android for
      Just 99 cents. Now available on the Google Play Store!
      http://w-o.it/woandroidgps

      > KENTA UNVEILED AT OSAKA EVENT
      - One of Japan’s most exciting and most popular wrestlers, Kenta, was
      unveiled as the newest WWE Superstar at a non-televised live event in
      Osaka, Japan, today. A signing ceremony took place inside the ring with
      Kenta, Hulk Hogan, and Jimmy Hart all present. “Kenta is an incredible
      performer who brings the crowd to its feet when he steps into the ring,”
      said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Creative
      and Live Events, WWE. “WWE’s signing of Kenta reflects our continued
      dedication to creating a diverse roster that appeals to our global fan
      base.” Kenta will first start at NXT before working his way up to the main
      roster. He will be relocating to Orlando, Florida, to train at the WWE
      Performance Center. “I am humbled to join WWE’s NXT division and look
      forward to honing my craft with the global leader in
      sports-entertainment,” said Kenta. You can see the video of Kenta, Hogan,
      and Hart in the ring at the Osaka show at http://w-o.it/1niIUFl

      > WWE WRAPS UP TOUR OF JAPAN
      - WWE Superstars and Divas wrapped up their three day tour in Japan
      yesterday which saw the company performing two shows in Tokyo and one in
      Osaka in front of lively Japanese crowds. Everyone is now back in the
      United States and ready for tomorrow’s three hour RAW taping however two
      of the Superstars from the tour - John Cena and Bray Wyatt - went straight
      to Madison Square Garden for tonight’s non-televised live event. The time
      difference between the two countries enabled both to be at the live event
      in Osaka and then at tonight’s show in New York on the same date. Wyatt
      and Cena will wrestle in a lumberjack match which will also have Ric Flair
      and Triple H “captaining” 10 lumberjacks on each side. The highlight of
      the tour of Japan was obviously Hulk Hogan and the unveiling of Kenta as
      the newest WWE Superstar.

      > DANIEL BRYAN AUTOBIOGRAPHY TO BE RELEASED IN APRIL 2015
      - PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE is working on releasing an
      autobiography of Daniel Bryan with the work title so far being, "YES! My
      Improbable Journey to the Main Event of WrestleMania." Daniel Bryan will
      be writing the book along with WWE staff writer Craig Tello, whose only
      other book so far is the short Shawn Michaels one which is titled, “Diary
      of a Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels' Journey into the WWE Hall of Fame,”
      and published by Simon and Schuster. The book is planned for April 2015.

      > TNA BRITISH BOOT CAMP RETURNING FOR SEASON 2
      - A second season of TNA’s British Bootcamp show has been announced and
      will be airing on Challenge TV, the home of TNA in the United Kingdom. The
      new series will search for TNA’s next UK Superstar in an eight-part series
      which starts this Autumn. TNA will be inviting wrestlers to try out for
      the show in televised trials, which will take place in Glasgow, Manchester
      and London in August 2014. The winner will receive a contract from TNA a
      become a full-time member of its roster with three runners up winning a
      spot on TNA’s Maximum Impact UK tour in January 2015. “The first series of
      TNA Wrestling: British Boot Camp was so successful that the winner has
      gone on to be a major star in America’s TNA IMPACT WRESTLING," says
      Stephen Ladlow, Director of Challenge. "As Challenge is the UK home for
      TNA, it’s only fitting that we commission a series that invests in a new
      UK talent and inspires passionate TNA fans and Challenge viewers alike to
      the high pressure world of professional wrestling.” The announcement was
      supposed to be officially done today at the London Film and Comic Con 2014
      at Earls Court 2 however Challenge TV jumped the gun and unveiled the
      series yesterday, prompting TNA to let the cat out the bag earlier than
      expected.

      > EVE TORRES BACK ON TV NEXT WEEK IN NEW TV SHOW
      - Former WWE Diva Eve Torres will be back on national television from next
      week as she has a recurring role on the upcoming new TV series titled
      Matador on the new El Rey Network. The show centers around a soccer player
      for the fictional L.A. Riot team who is also a CIA secret agent. The
      former WWE Women’s champion will play the role of Reyna Flores, a sideline
      journalist reporting on the career of the lead role, Tony "Matador" Bravo,
      played by Gabriel Luna. The series will premiere on July 15, 2014, with a
      13-episode first season.