    Jul 9 5:47 PM

      Wednesday, July 9, 2014 Issue #4192

      The update for the W-O News app (both paid and free) for iPhone will be
      available for download later tonight on the Apple App Store. We just got
      notification that the apps are being processed on the store as of this
      writing. This update will fix a bug on the timeline of news.

      Get the Wrestling-Online.com News app for Android for
      Just 99 cents. Now available on the Google Play Store!
      http://w-o.it/woandroidgps

      > STING POSTS CRYPTIC TWEET, IS IT FINALLY HAPPENING?
      - Two tweets from former WCW champion Sting has sent the Internet
      wrestling community on a frenzy even though there’s nothing wrestling
      related on them. Sting changed his profile photo to a very dark image with
      his face paint faded, barely visible and then afterward tweeted,
      “07.14.14.” While it could be totally non-wrestling related, it could also
      be something related to the WWE 2K15 video game, a project that Sting is

      rumored to be involved with a similar deal that 2K reached with the
      Ultimate Warrior last year. WWE and 2K shot several footage with Sting
      lookalikes a month or so ago after putting out a casting call. Sting has
      been in negotiations with WWE seemingly forever and remains the only big
      name Superstar to have never worked for WWE so far.

      > THE BUSINESS INSIDER LOOKS AT WWE NETWORK
      - The Business Insider has covered WWE’s latest attempt to get more WWE
      Network subscribers by offering another free week trial with no credit
      card required for sign up. The Insider says that things are “looking grim”
      for the company and its “money-losing streaming video service,” is far off
      from the 1,400,000 subscribers it need to make the Network profitable. The
      story also looks at how WWE is cutting costs across to board to make up
      for the projected $35 million to $45 million the company is projected to
      lose this year from lost PPV revenue. The piece is not really good
      advertising and showcases WWE’s struggle to make their Network work
      financially. WWE will be rolling out the service to select countries
      worldwide at the end of this year. The story can be read at
      http://www.businessinsider.com/wwe-network-makes-new-push-for-subscribers-2
      014-7

      > WWE IN JAPAN FOR THREE DAY TOUR
      - WWE Superstars and Divas are currently in the Land of the Rising Sun for
      a three day tour in the country. The company will be holding three shows -
      two at the Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo and one at the Maishima Arena in
      Osaka, for the yearly tour of Japan. WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan is also
      making the trip and will be appearing at the July 11 and 12 shows. Hogan
      noted on his Twitter how excited he is to go back to Japan and how he used
      to spend 22 to 24 weeks in the country in the late 70s. WWE is also
      expected to officially announce the arrival of Japanese wrestler KENTA to
      their roster during the tour.

      > RAW RATING
      - Monday Night RAW this week drew 4,381,000 viewers, up slightly by 50,000
      viewers from last week’s show. Hour one of the show had 4,183,000 viewers,
      followed by 4,514,000 in the second hour, and then down to 4,447,000 in
      the third and final hour. (Ratings credit: PWInsider.com)

      > KURT ANGLE TURNS DOWN NEW TNA DEAL
      - It looks like Kurt Angle’s time in TNA is coming to a close as the
      former TNA champion revealed to Jim Ross on his Ross Report podcast that
      he has turned down a new offer from TNA. Angle’s current contract expires
      towards the end of September and Angle said that as an active wrestler he
      can only see himself accepting one more deal before hanging up his boots
      for good. The TNA Hall of Famer has made it no secret that he would love
      one final run in WWE before he retires although if that actually happens
      is another story. Angle’s addiction problems got him fired from WWE in
      2005 and those problems continued while working for TNA Wrestling as well.