    Jun 17, 2014

      Tuesday, June 17, 2014 Issue #4179

      Stardust! Really? I must admit, I kinda liked it. Cody looks a bit creepy
      in that costume but he played his part to perfection. Let¹s see where they
      go with the gimmick now.

      Get the Wrestling-Online.com News app for Android for
      Just 99 cents. Now available on the Google Play Store!
      http://w-o.it/woandroidgps

      > WWE HOSTS SPECIAL FAMILY AT RAW
      - WWE hosted a special family last night at RAW as the Gandee family were
      invited as guests for the three hour broadcast which included some extra
      perks. Hunter Gandee, 14, and his family were given the royal treatment at
      the show in recognition of Hunter¹s Cerebral Palsy awareness which
      included carrying his 7 year old brother, suffering from the disease, who
      was strapped to his back for 40 miles in a Michigan walk. Hunter, who is a
      155-pound wrestler, carried his 50-pound brother over two days and WWE
      played the good hosts by giving the family a backstage tour and meeting
      practically all Superstars and Divas present at the show. You can visit
      the family¹s blog and their Cerebral Palsy awareness at
      http://cpswag.blog.com/

      > CREATIVE WRITER GIVEN PINK SLIPPED, MORE BUDGET CUTS
      - PWTorch.com is reporting that WWE also gave the pink slip to one of its
      creative writers, Jay Gibson, this past weekend. Gibson made his name by
      being one of the main writers on The Young and the Restless soap opera,
      writing 178 episodes between 2008 and 2012. He was also the storyboard
      artist for The Thin Red Line movie back in 1998. Gibson joins the 11 other
      WWE Superstars who were released on Thursday as part of cost-cutting
      measures. Meanwhile, another website SEScoops.com is also reporting that
      NXT is the next one in line for budget cuts. With WWE expected to lose
      millions of dollars this year, the company is cutting costs across the
      board and the much-loved NXT brand will have its production budget cut.
      Many under developmental contracts are also expected to be released.

      > CENA AND REIGNS JOIN MITB LADDER MATCH FOR WWE TITLE
      - The last two competitors to join the Money in the Bank ladder match for
      the WWE World Heavyweight title were announced on RAW last night with two
      of the most popular WWE guys added to the mix. At the start of the show,
      Triple H and Stephanie McMahon announced that there would be a battle
      royal with the winner advancing to the ladder match. Three Superstars were
      not allowed to compete for defying the Authority and those singled out
      were Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and John Cena. Reigns sweet-talked
      Vickie Guerrero to add him to the battle royal as payback after Stephanie
      McMahon vomited on Guerrero earlier. Reigns ended up winning the battle
      royal after eliminating Rusev. John Cena got his chance to qualify for the
      ladder match after he defeated Kane in a stretcher match. Kane was
      supposed to wrestle Bryan at Money In The Bank also in the same gimmick
      match so now Kane goes from being in one of the main events to being out
      of the show. Reigns and Cena join Del Rio, Orton, Sheamus, Cesaro, and
      Wyatt in the MITB ladder match where the winner will become the new WWE
      World Heavyweight champion.

      > TOMMY DREAMER TO APPEAR ON IMPACT
      - The angle that started at the House of Hardcore show last week involving
      Tommy Dreamer running down Dixie Carter after she ³pulled² Bully Ray from
      his show will play out this Thursday on Impact. Dreamer told fans in the
      arena that he received a call from Dixie Carter the day before and told
      him that Bully Ray would not be appearing as he was booked for something
      else. Dreamer then invited fans to harass Carter on Twitter and then Bully
      Ray on Twitter as well said that if anyone comes to TNA live events with
      the House of Hardcore ticket he would sign and take a photo with the
      ticket holder to make up for him being screwed by Dixie. Tommy Dreamer, in
      reality, works for TNA and now the angle that kicked off on a
      non-televised event in Poughkeepsie, New York, will transition to national
      television after yet another Twitter rant by Carter. ³After the success of
      #Slammiversary, I want to address @TheTommyDreamer. You ran your mouth to
      your "horde of hardcore" fans and on Twitter,² Carter wrote. ³I'm inviting
      @THETOMMYDREAMER and his "horde of hardcores" to come to Bethlehem, PA for
      #ImpactLIVE this Thursday!³ She then told Dreamer that she will hand him a
      live mic and dared him to say the things he said to the fans about her to
      her face.