    Jun 13, 2014

      Friday, June 13, 2014 Issue #4176

      Happy Friday the 13th! Not much to say today, back tomorrow.

      Get the Wrestling-Online.com News app for Android for
      Just 99 cents. Now available on the Google Play Store!
      http://w-o.it/woandroidgps

      > PAT PATTERSON PUBLICLY ACKNOWLEDGES HE IS GAY
      - The big Pat Patterson reveal on last night’s season finale of Legends’
      House was that he announced he is gay. That was probably wrestling’s worst
      kept secret as everybody in the business is aware that Patterson was gay
      although he might have not acknowledged it publicly. Patterson “broke the
      news” during dinner to the rest of the cast mates. “I survived all this
      being gay,” Patterson revealed. He said that he has been in the closet for
      50 years and it was time to say it publicly. He also said that he had a
      partner for 40 years but he has passed due to a heart attack. The rest of
      the crew all shed a tear during an emotional speech from the 73 year old
      former Intercontinental champion.

      > JTG BECOMES THE 11TH PERSON FIRED FROM WWE
      - He was the butt of several jokes but now the joke is over. JTG - one
      half of the tag team formerly known as Cryme Tyme - was released by WWE
      yesterday. Yes, you haven’t seen him on WWE television in months but the
      29 year old from Brooklyn was still earning a paycheck from WWE. When the
      news hit that nine were released yesterday, the Internet wrestling
      community immediately started creating memes of JTG because he wasn’t on
      the list of those given the pink slip however an updated list on WWE.COM
      later in the day confirmed that JTG was released as well. He had been
      employed by WWE since 2006, signing a developmental deal and sent to Ohio
      Valley Wrestling before making his WWE TV debut later that year with Shad
      Gaspard as Cryme Tyme. JTG became the 11th person fired after WWE referee
      Marc Harris was also announced to be gone.

      > RELEASED WWE SUPERSTARS THANK FANS AND WWE ON TWITTER
      - Many of those released from WWE last night used Twitter to thank their
      fans for supporting them throughout their WWE career. Yoshi Tatsu said
      that it has been an amazing experience and thanked the Yoshi Army for the
      past six years. Former 3MB member Jinder Mahal thanked WWE for the
      opportunity and for the chance to see the world. “Excited to see what the
      future brings,” he wrote. Evan Bourne apologized to his fans for not
      getting back on television after he broke his foot but thanked WWE for all
      the good times. Brodus Clay said he’s proud of all the obstacles he fought
      through WWE. “Now greatness is on me. There is no sadness or bad feelings
      only opportunity for me to #BreakBreadOrPlayDead so no sad tweets or
      messages,” he wrote. JTG had a funnier side to his tweet, simply writing,

      “Damn! Why I pick up my phone!" All released talent are told they got the
      pink slip through a phone call. Curt Hawkins got into an argument with
      Mark Henry after Henry posted a tweet which might seem in bad taste
      considering several of his co-workers were fired. “Here we stand 18 years
      in August. Still here,” Henry wrote following the announcement of those
      all released. Hawkins took exception to the tweet. “Your colleagues lose
      their jobs & you tweet that? You're an idiot Mark,” he wrote. He then
      announced that he already booked his first indy gig and will be appearing
      at Jersey Championship Wrestling all weekend long.

      > MVP NOT CLEARED TO WRESTLE AT SLAMMIVERSARY
      - The main event for this Sunday’s Slammiversary pay-per-view has been
      canceled just three days prior to the show as MVP has not been cleared to
      wrestle. MVP injured his knee when he was working a match at an indy show
      in Preston in the United Kingdom last weekend. He did not wrestle the next
      night and was on crutches during the show, telling the fans that he heard
      a pop in his knee. TNA’s John Gaburick posted on Twitter that MVP is
      suffering from a torn meniscus and doctors would not clear him for the
      pay-per-view. He was set to wrestle Eric Young for the TNA title in the
      main event. “A fair replacement main event for #Slammiversary will be
      announced later today,” Gaburick wrote.

      > SLAMMIVERSARY MAIN EVENT NOW A STEEL CAGE THREE WAY MATCH
      - The main event for this Sunday’s Slammiversary was announced at

      ImpactWrestling.com following the announcement that MVP was unable to
      wrestle. The main event will now be a steel cage three way match with Eric
      Young defending the title against the winner of Samoa Joe vs Bobby Lashley
      and the winner of Austin Aries vs Kenny King.