    Jun 10, 2014

      Tuesday, June 10, 2014 Issue #4174

      I think the decision to strip Daniel Bryan off the title was pretty much
      the only way forward. It sucks for him but business has to continue. To be
      fair to the company they held on to him as champ till there was no more
      hope of him wrestling this month. I’m sure DB will have another title
      reign when he’s back. I just hope now that there won’t be a scenario that
      will see two individuals pull a title each down. We’ve been through the
      whole WWE champ, World champ, undisputed champ, WWE World Heavyweight
      champ, a few times now and I don’t know why they won’t have just one title
      and stop carrying both. Yes the “big gold belt" is beautiful and has a
      long history but I think there should only be one heavyweight title, and
      that’s the WWE title.

      Get the Wrestling-Online.com News app for Android for
      Just 99 cents. Now available on the Google Play Store!
      http://w-o.it/woandroidgps

      > DANIEL BRYAN STRIPPED OFF THE WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
      - The Daniel Bryan title reign is over. And just like that, with just one
      title defense under his belt, the fairytale from WrestleMania has been cut
      short due to a neck injury that is taking longer than expected to heal.
      WWE tried to stick with Bryan through his injury by not stripping him off
      the title but after the latest indications that he would not be able to
      wrestle at the Money In The Bank pay-per-view, WWE took the right decision
      and took the title away. Certainly not the most popular decision by any
      means, but definitely one which is best for business, no pun intended. The
      announcement was done at the start of Monday Night RAW yesterday by Triple
      H and Stephanie McMahon who for months tried to screw Daniel Bryan and
      made his road to the title as difficult as possible. A short video clip of
      Dr. Joseph Maroon, WWE’s head doctor, was aired on RAW where he basically
      says that while Bryan will be evaluated in the coming weeks, he would not
      be cleared to wrestle this month. WWE anticipated this scenario and last
      week they announced that if Bryan is unable to compete at the
      pay-per-view, then he would be stripped off the title and the MITB ladder
      match would be for the title. Bryan’s title reign consisted of just one

      title defense, at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view, where he defeated Kane
      in an extreme rules match.

      > 4 SUPERSTARS ANNOUNCED SO FAR FOR MITB TITLE MATCH
      - Four WWE Superstar have so far been announced for the WWE World
      Heavyweight MITB ladder match which will take place on June 29. Alberto
      Del Rio was already qualified and last night on RAW three more joined Del
      Rio - Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Cesaro. While both Sheamus and Cesaro had
      to win a qualifying match to enter - against Wade Barrett and Rob Van Dam
      respectively - Randy Orton was just handed a spot by Triple H at the start
      of RAW. The ladder match will consist of seven WWE Superstars so three
      more have to be announced.

      > ROMAN REIGNS WANTS RONDA ROUSEY TO JOIN THE SHIELD
      - Today, UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey, replied to a
      message that Roman Reigns sent on Twitter a few days ago which got the
      champ all excited! Reigns was answering a question on Twitter when he said
      that The Shield needs a new member, possibly a female. “THE female,”
      Reigns wrote, adding that would be Ronda Rousey and she would be a good
      fit. Rousey didn’t notice the tweet until today - two days after Reigns
      posted the message - and asked herself how didn’t she see it till now,

      adding the hashtag #thisisawesome. Reigns quickly replied telling her that

      he’ll get her a vest and they can start tearing the world apart. “Btw I
      fan-girled out on that @WWERomanReigns tweet so bad I screwed up like 5
      times lol,” wrote Rousey. Rousey is a huge WWE fan and took her nickname
      of “Rowdy” from the one and only Roddy Piper. She is part of the “Four
      Horsewomen” with fellow MMA fighters and wrestling fans Marina Shafir,
      Shayna Baszler and Jessamyn Duke, all of who live and train together. They
      often post videos on Instagram practicing wrestling moves and working a
      match while training.

      > RIC FLAIR READY TO RETURN TO WWE ON FULL-TIME BASIS
      - Woooooo! The Nature Boy Ric Flair could be soon reappearing on WWE
      television on regular basis after The Wrestling Observer is reporting that
      he passed all the medical tests necessary to resume life on the road. The
      16 time World Heavyweight champion and 2 time WWE Hall of Famer had to
      undergo a battery of medical tests in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, under the
      care of Dr. Joseph Maroon to make sure he can resume his WWE career and
      probably take bumps where necessary. Flair has been rumored to being
      teamed up with The Miz as his manager although that has not been confirmed
      as his role. The Miz has been out for a few months filming a new
      installment of The Marine for WWE Studios and recently returned in the
      final leg of the WWE European tour but has not appeared on television yet.
      Flair last appeared on WWE television at the NXT Takeover special on the
      WWE Network where he was in the corner of his daughter Charlotte.

      > TOTINO JOINS WWE FOR COOL SUMMERSLAM CONTEST
      - Totino’s BOLD has partnered up with WWE to offer one lucky fan the
      ultimate WWE experience - a chance to create their own WWE Superstar with
      the winner traveling to SummerSlam where the journey will be showcased to
      everyone on pay-per-view. Fans can submit videos no longer than three
      minutes showcasing their ultimate WWE persona and the winner will be
      selected and sent to WWE’s Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, to
      begin their journey for the character to be developed. At the Performance
      Center, WWE will follow the winner’s journey from average fan to
      ‘spotlight ready’ and capture content for a series of digital videos. The
      videos will be released beginning Monday, July 21 and lead up to
      SummerSlam, when the entire experience will be revealed for the first
      time. “Totino’s BOLD is excited to continue our relationship with WWE
      through this fan contest, and the sponsorship of SummerSlam 2014,” said
      Brad Hiranaga, Associate Marketing Director for Totino’s. “We are
      launching two new flavors to our BOLD product line this summer and
      together with WWE we are bringing both flavors and fan experiences to the
      next level.” Video entries can be uploaded through WWE.com/TotinosBOLD.
      The submission period runs through Wednesday, June 18, 2014.