    Jun 9, 2014

      Monday, June 9, 2014 Issue #4173

      Hello hello. Have you subscribed to our Instant News service yet? As you
      might have noticed, the newsletter wasn’t sent over the weekend but we
      still posted news on the website. With this free service you get an alert
      with the story as soon as news is posted. You can subscribe for free at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/headlines/instant-news-alert-service/

      Get the Wrestling-Online.com News app for Android for
      Just 99 cents. Now available on the Google Play Store!
      http://w-o.it/woandroidgps

      > DANIEL BRYAN LOOKING LESS LIKELY TO WRESTLE AT MITB PPV
      - It looks like Daniel Bryan will not be WWE World Heavyweight champion
      for much longer as the recovery is not progressing as well as everyone
      hoped for and chances of him wrestling at the Money In The Bank
      pay-per-view are now almost zero. Bryan is supposed to defend his title at
      the pay-per-view against Kane and if he will not be medically cleared, the
      title would be vacated and decided in the Money In The Bank ladder match
      which will eventually headline the show. Rumors are that WWE is planning
      to add a second MITB ladder match which would be for the briefcase and the
      pay-per-view would end up having two ladder matches - one for the title
      and one for the briefcase. The show will take place on June 29, and WWE
      will have a better picture regarding Bryan’s health and his chances of

      competing this week. The plug on his title reign might be pulled tonight
      on RAW if it’s made certain that he won’t be medically cleared, paving the
      way to start promoting the current ladder match - with only Del Rio so far
      announced - as the WWE World Heavyweight title match and put the
      groundwork on the second briefcase ladder match.

      > WWE LOOKING TO CAST STING LOOKALIKES FOR VIDEO SHOOT
      - The big news today is that WWE is seeking to cast Sting lookalikes for
      an upcoming video shoot along with an orchestra which would be sporting
      Sting’s face paint. The casting came through Casting Networks based in New
      York, listing a body double for the former WCW and TNA champion who is
      aged between 38 and 50 and who is also 6’2” and 250lbs of “pure muscle.”
      The description includes that it’s preferred that the applicant must have
      wrestling experience and be very fit with slightly long hair. The
      orchestra of musicians requested are male and female aged between 18 to 70
      who must bring their own instruments and will be required to wear Sting’s
      face paint. Filming is set to be held on June 16. This looks like to be a
      promo to either announce the arrival of Sting to WWE or his inclusion in
      the upcoming WWE 2K15 video game.

      > JOHN CENA INJURED AT LIVE EVENT
      - Former WWE champion John Cena was injured at a non-televised live event
      in Madison, Wisconsin, on Saturday night. Cena was wrestling Bray Wyatt
      when very early in the match Cena was hit in the eye and the injury was
      considered serious enough for the referee to make the “X” hand sign so
      medics could check him out. The match was stopped for a bit but then he
      proceeded to continue the match as planned. Cena’s eye continued to swell
      during the match and according to eye witness reports it was completely
      shut by the time the match was over. Posting on Twitter, Cena sent an
      “overdue ‘I love you’” to Nikki Bella who he called a special woman who
      “had a rough few days dealing with a blind, grumpy me.” WWE has yet to
      acknowledge the injury but it should be pretty visible on RAW tonight if
      Cena appears unless his super-healing powers strike again.

      > LIVE EVENT RESULTS FROM RIO RANCHO, NEW MEXICO
      - W-O reader Greg Cannon attended the live non-televised WWE event in Rio
      Rancho, New Mexico, at the Santa Ana Star Center yesterday night and sent
      in the following results: Dolph Ziggler defeated Fandango; Sin Cara
      defeated Titus O’Neil; Paige defeated Natalya and Alicia Fox to retain the
      Divas title; Goldust and Cody Rhodes defeated Ryback and Curtis Axel; Bo
      Dallas defeated Zack Ryder; Cesaro defeated Damien Sandow, Kofi Kingston,
      and Jack Swagger in a fatal four way; Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns
      defeated Seth Rollins and Randy Orton via disqualification. The arena was
      around three quarters full with a lot of empty seats all around. All the
      faces on the card spent some time with the fans after their respective
      matches and Paige and Natalya even got the Ultimate Warrior’s two
      daughters in the ring after the Divas title match to celebrate. The Shield
      got the biggest pop of the night.

      > ULTIMATE WARRIOR’S FAMILY ATTEND WWE LIVE EVENT
      - The family of the late WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior - wife Dana,
      and two kids Indiana and Mattigan - were present at the non-televised live
      event in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, last night. They visited backstage and
      posed for photos with WWE Superstars and Divas and were then given front
      row seats for the show. Both girls were sporting Warrior t-shirts in
      support of their dad. “When WWE invited us to be their guests at the Rio
      Rancho show I was scared to go, it felt too soon,” wrote Dana on the
      Warrior’s Facebook page. “Still my Warrior girls insisted and for them
      I'll do anything! Our warrior spirit got us there and our WWE family took
      us the rest of the way. Such a special night we will always remember. Our
      house may not feel like home without him... how lovely backstage at WWE
      still did.” Since the tragic passing of Warrior back in the beginning of
      April, the WWE has helped the family in more ways that you could imagine,
      including sending two senior staff members to live with the family to help
      out in anything they need till they adjusted to their somewhat new life.
      You can see photos of the girls at the show at http://t.co/pw0Ibko2HZ

      > JIM ROSS EXPLAINS WHAT LED TO HIS HOSPITAL STAY
      - In his latest blog post, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross described what
      happened over the end of last week where he ended up being in hospital for
      a few days and eventually released on Saturday night. Ross said that he
      was in Vegas for the Cauliflower Alley Club reunion and he doesn’t
      remember driving to the airport from his house or boarding the plane. He
      presented an award at the CAC but doesn’t remember of what he said either.
      JR said he took a fall while at home a month ago but never mentioned it
      and assumed the memory loss came because of that. However after several
      tests and MRIs it was revealed that the primary culprit of his issues were
      the use of Ambien, a drug he took to combat insomnia. “My meds have now
      been all adjusted and I am back on a healthy path of diet and exercise
      and, obviously, NO Ambien. The hallucinogenic issues with the drug are
      scary and I will never use that medication again,” Ross wrote.