    Feb 19, 2014

      Wednesday, February 19, 2014 Issue #4095

      I was listening to Steve Austin’s show last night which had John Cena as a
      special guest. It’s really a great interview and you’ll hear a very candid
      Cena talking just about everything. The right questions were asked and
      Cena held nothing back in his replies. You can listen to it at
      http://podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show

      The fights may be fixed, but the danger is all too
      real. BODY SLAM: new mystery exploring the world of
      wrestling by award-winning author Rex Burns.
      http://bit.ly/1nUXQgZ

      > NELSON “VISCERA” FRAZIER PASSES AWAY
      - The world of pro wrestling lost one of its boys yesterday as Nelson
      Frazier, better known to fans as Big Daddy V, Viscera, and Mabel, passed
      away at the age of 43 due to a heart attack. Frazier signed with the
      then-WWF in 1993 as Mabel along with his tag team partner Mo to form Men
      on a Mission with their manager Oscar. In 1995, he was pushed as a solo
      competitor and turned heel, winning that year’s King of the Ring
      tournament. He headlined SummerSlam 95 against Diesel for the WWE title
      but never won the big title. In 1999 he returned to the WWE and was
      kidnapped by The Undertaker and the Acolytes. He was repackaged as Viscera
      and formed part of the Ministry of Darkness before being released a year
      later. In 2004 he came back for his third run with the company with a
      completely new gimmick as the “world’s largest love machine,” and ring
      announcer Lilian Garcia proposed to him, only to be dumped after the
      Godfather offered many of his hos in return. He moved to the ECW brand in
      2007 and wrestled his last match for the WWE against CM Punk in 2008.
      During his time in the WWE, he won the Hardcore title once and the Tag
      Team titles once.

      > FRIENDS REMEMBER NELSON “VISCERA” FRAZIER
      - Former colleagues of Nelson “Viscera” Frazier, especially those who
      spent time with him during the Attitude Era and his last run in the
      company in mid 2000 used Twitter to send their condolences and say what a
      great, big man he was. “Nelson was a genuine man, my former tag team
      partner & good friend,” tweeted Val Venis. Tommy Dreamer said he was
      shocked and sad, adding that he was a good friend and just celebrated his
      43rd birthday days before he passed. “My thoughts and prayers are with the
      family of Big Viscera today. Big guy, big heart, and a great sense of
      humor. He will be missed,” added the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase. “RIP
      Nelson you were a friend,” wrote Kevin Nash, who shared the stage at
      SummerSlam with Frazier in 1995. Chris Jericho, Gregory Helms, William
      Regal, Taz, Justin Roberts, Chyna, Devon, and many others also shared
      their thoughts with one common line - he was a great friend and a great
      man.

      > WWE ISSUES STATEMENT ON THE DEATH OF NELSON FRAZIER
      - WWE has issued a statement on the death of Nelson Frazier on the WWE.COM
      website and put up some videos of Frazier from his WWE career. “WWE is
      saddened by the news that Nelson Frazier Jr., aka Big Daddy V and Mabel,
      has passed away. A larger-than-life Superstar, Frazier was a former World
      Tag Team Champion, Hardcore Champion and the 1995 King of the Ring. As the
      dark, formidable Viscera, he was also a member of Undertaker's faction,
      The Ministry of Darkness. Frazier's colorful personality made him a
      memorable competitor throughout the Attitude Era. Our deepest condolences
      go out to Frazier's family, friends and fans,” the statement read.

      > EXTREME RULES PPV PRE-SALE CODE
      - Extreme Rules is coming to the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New
      Jersey, on May 4 and the Internet pre-sale kicks off tomorrow! Fans who
      wish to attend the show can use the code EXTREME, starting from tomorrow,
      February 20 at 10AM EST. The pre-sale ends on Friday, February 21, at
      11:59PM EST with tickets going on sale to the general public on Saturday,
      February 22, at 10AM. Tickets start at $25 and go all the way up to $500
      for ringside, excluding ticket fees. You can go to Ticketmaster.com to
      book your tickets.

      > WWE PROMOTES EXEC TO EVP OF STRATEGY & ANALYTICS
      - WWE has promoted Tandy O’Donoghue to Executive Vice President of
      Strategy & Analytics starting March 15. In this newly created role, she
      will be responsible for overseeing corporate strategy, corporate and
      business development and data analytics for WWE. O’Donoghue will report to
      WWE’s Chief Strategy & Financial Officer George Barrios. O’Donoghue will
      work with WWE executives to identify and execute cross-functional
      high-impact initiatives including the global rollout of WWE Network, the
      development and execution of WWE’s long-term gaming strategy and global
      content monetization initiatives. She will also lead WWE’s efforts in
      securing strategic equity investments and partnerships, and will provide
      leadership for WWE’s use of advanced data analytics to support short and
      long-term decision making across the company. O’Donoghue previously served
      as WWE’s Senior Vice President, Affiliate Relations & Business
      Development, where she was responsible for the day-to-day management of
      WWE’s pay-per-view business as well as the development and launch plans
      for WWE Network.

      > DISH NETWORK NOT CARRYING ELIMINATION CHAMBER PPV
      - As things stand, DISH Network will not be carrying the Elimination
      Chamber pay-per-view most likely in protest over the price of the WWE
      Network and the availability of all WWE pay-per-views as part of the cheap
      $9.99 monthly package. An e-mail sent to Danielle Johnson,
      Programming/Consumer Relations at DISH regarding the pay-per-view remains
      unanswered at time of this writing. DISH has removed all mentions of WWE
      from their website. They do list the UFC and TNA shows which are set for
      pay-per-view this month and next month. DirecTV, which threatened to take
      off WWE pay-per-views in comments to the Los Angeles Times after the
      Network was announced, is advertising the Elimination Chamber on their
      website and will be carrying the show as usual. It is important to note
      that the Chamber show is not airing on the Network since it launches the
      next day in the United States.

      > TRAILER FOR BATISTA’S GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY MOVIE
      - The first official trailer of Batista’s upcoming movie Guardians of the
      Galaxy was released yesterday, with the movie set to hit theaters
      nationwide on August 1, 2014. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel,
      Bradley Cooper, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou,
      John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, and Benicio del Toro, are the rest of the
      leading names in this movie, with Batista playing the role of Drax the
      Destroyer. Filming started in July 2013 and was wrapped in October. Most
      likely Batista will be taking some time off to promote the movie once the
      Disney and Marvel go full speed ahead with the marketing prior to the
      release of the flick. You can see the trailer at http://w-o.it/1e7EInE