    Feb 18, 2014

      Tuesday, February 18, 2014 Issue #4094

      We are out of rooms at The Ritz for the WrestleMania weekend and won’t be
      adding more. The hotel said they will look into case by case basis if a
      reservation is requested but as it stands now, our block is closed. It’s
      going to be a good time in New Orleans that’s for sure!

      The fights may be fixed, but the danger is all too
      real. BODY SLAM: new mystery exploring the world of
      wrestling by award-winning author Rex Burns.
      http://bit.ly/1nUXQgZ

      > WWE TO NEGOTIATE TV RIGHTS WITH OTHER NETWORKS AS NBCU SAYS NO DEAL
      - WWE TV shows could be moving to a new home as Variety is reporting that
      both WWE and NBC Universal have “stepped away from the negotiating table”
      with no deal in place to keep RAW and Smackdown on USA Network and SyFy
      respectively. “WWE’s exclusive negotiating period with NBCU for our
      flagship television programs, ‘Raw’ and ‘SmackDown,’ has now expired,” WWE
      said in a statement. “While we were unable to reach an agreement with NBCU
      during this period, we have certainly appreciated our long and productive
      partnership. With year-round, live programming that is highly coveted by
      programmers, distributors and advertisers, we are extremely excited about
      our future. We look forward to engaging with potential partners who
      recognize the value of having the #1 show on cable and live content
      delivered 52 weeks a year.” The exclusive window expired on February 15
      and WWE can now talk with other networks such as Viacom, Discovery, Fox,
      and others. NBC Universal can still match whatever offer WWE receives from
      other networks as part of the original agreement to keep the shows.
      Currently WWE receives around $140 million in licensing fees and the plan
      is to at least double up on that money. Variety reports that WWE is
      interested in either put all the shows on one network or else split them
      up. If WWE decides to move to a new home, both RAW and Smackdown will
      continue to air on USA and SyFy until September 30 of this year.

      > WWE DENIES RELEASING CM PUNK
      - The situation with CM Punk remains unclear and as noted yesterday he
      still is featured on WWE.COM both as a Superstar and to sell merchandise
      on WWEShop.com and now WWE is denying the rumor that Punk was released
      last Friday. The report initially came by PWInsider.com saying that talk
      during the weekend non-televised live events suggested that Punk received
      his release on Valentine’s Day. Another report this time from Wrestling
      Observer countered the rumor, saying that WWE has officially stated to
      them that CM Punk was not released and he is still part of the roster.
      Punk walked out of the company a couple of weeks ago and has not even
      tweeted since then. A few photos surfaced online yesterday of Punk picking
      up his girlfriend AJ Lee from the airport in Chicago during the weekend.

      > TWO MORE MATCHES ADDED TO ELIMINATION CHAMBER
      - The Elimination Chamber card looks to be complete now with two matches
      added to the pay-per-view. Announced yesterday were New Age Outlaws vs The
      Usos for the WWE Tag Team titles and Darren Young vs Titus O’Neil. Those
      two matches will join the Elimination Chamber match for the WWE World
      Heavyweight title, Big E vs Jack Swagger for the IC title, The Shield vs
      The Wyatt Family, and Batista vs Alberto Del Rio. The kickoff match will
      see Cody Rhodes and Goldust taking on Ryback and Curtis Axel. That match
      will air on the WWE App, WWE.COM, and WWE’s social media outlets such as
      Facebook, YouTube, etc.

      > CESARO SPINS DEAN AMBROSE ALMOST 30 TIMES AFTER RAW GOES OFF AIR
      - When RAW went off the air, the fun didn’t stop for the folks inside the
      arena and Dean Ambrose was the one who drew the short end of the stick for
      the post-RAW antics. After the dust settled following the huge fight
      between The Shield, The Wyatts, and all participants of the Elimination
      Chamber match, Cena, Bryan, Sheamus, and Cesaro were left with Ambrose in
      the ring. Cesaro got hold of Ambrose and performed the Cesaro swing -
      almost 30 spins - before dropping him to a large ovation from the crowd.
      Sheamus then followed with a Brogue kick on Ambrose and after he recovered
      from that he got hit with the AA from John Cena. With the ring cleared,
      Bryan was left alone with Ambrose as the fans hit a “Yes!” chant and then
      he hit a running knee to finish off The Shield member.