    Feb 13, 2014

      Thursday, February 13, 2014 Issue #4091

      We are pleased to announce that the Wrestling-Online.com News app for
      Android is now also available on the Google Play Store. The app was
      exclusive to the Amazon Appstore but we have now added it as well to the
      Play Store. It costs US 99 cents or the equivalent in your currency and
      you can download it at http://w-o.it/woandroidgps

      The fights may be fixed, but the danger is all too
      real. BODY SLAM: new mystery exploring the world of
      wrestling by award-winning author Rex Burns.
      http://bit.ly/1nUXQgZ

      > WWE HALL OF FAME TO AIR LIVE ON THE NETWORK
      - Here’s another reason why you should subscribe to the WWE Network when
      it launches on February 24: The WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony will
      be airing live, in full, on Saturday, April 5. While USA Network has aired
      segments of the Hall of Fame and WWE.COM also streamed parts of it, this
      will be the first time that the full, unedited ceremony will be airing
      live. In the past, a one hour version of the show would air before RAW,
      and even prior to that, it was airing on Saturday at 11PM, leaving WWE
      video editors cutting the show on the fly. The Hall of Fame is released in
      full as part of the WrestleMania DVD and Blu-Ray a month or two after the
      actual event. So far the Ultimate Warrior, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, and
      Lita have been announced for the class of 2014. Two or three more
      individuals are expected to join the 2014 class.

      > RAW RATINGS
      - Monday Night RAW this week pulled a 3.14 rating with a total of
      4,329,000 viewers, up just over 100,000 viewers from last week's
      4,211,000. Hour one did 4,499,000 viewers followed by 4,336,000 in hour
      two and then 4,153,000 in the third and final hour. (Ratings credit:
      PWInsider.com)

      > TWO SUPERSTARS LOSE PART OF THEIR RING NAME
      - Two WWE Superstars have received a name change, or better yet, a
      modification to their ring name. Antonio Cesaro will now be called Cesaro,
      dropping his first name, while Big E Langston will lose his last name and
      will be called Big E from now on. The name change has already been updated
      on WWE.COM.

      > RIC FLAIR BACK ON WWE PAYROLL
      - The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Ric Flair has signed a new
      contract with the WWE, months after he was going to get one before making
      some mistakes at the SummerSlam weekend which eventually sent him packing
      back home. According to the Observer, although Flair is allowed to work
      outside WWE, future appearances and business deals have to go through WWE
      from now on and if his presence is requested at a WWE event and it
      conflicts with a prior non-WWE booking, the WWE event will take preference
      and he has to cancel his other gig. The two-time WWE Hall of Famer has
      appeared several times on WWE television since he left TNA back in 2012,
      most recently at the January 6 Old School RAW.

      > JEFF HARDY BACK AT LOCKDOWN
      - After two and a half months off television, Jeff Hardy will be returning
      to TNA at the Lockdown pay-per-view next month in Coral Gables, Florida.
      His return was announced by MVP, whose on-screen role is a TNA investor,
      in a video which was taped for the #IMPACT365 initiative on YouTube. MVP
      is seen behind a desk talking on the phone asking for a confirmation, and
      then announcing that his good friend, and one time rival, Jeff Hardy will
      be coming back. Hardy was last seen on the December 26 edition of Impact
      and was written out of television due to company’s tour in the United
      Kingdom. Due to legal issues, Hardy cannot travel to the UK and since a
      lot of tapings for Impact were held there it was easier to write him out
      rather than come up with something else. Last time Hardy was the TNA
      champion the company embarked on a UK tour and he was obviously left out
      of it, a decision which didn’t go down very well.

      > JEFF JARRET SPEAKS FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE LEAVING TNA
      - With the song “Everything will change” by Gavin DeGraw in the
      background, Jeff Jarrett talked for the first time since he departed TNA
      in December in a video posted on Vimeo. Jarrett said that he and his wife
      Karen were departing to Mexico City for their first big event since
      leaving TNA and he “can’t wait to make a real formal announcement,” about
      his new business venture. “And that day coming soon,” Jarrett said.
      Jarrett added that he’ll be looking for the best independent talent from
      India, Japan, Australia, Mexico, Europe, and the United States and feels
      that the professional wrestling business is about to see a big boom again,
      adding that this is a very exciting time for him. The video ended with
      “#ITSCOMING” across the screen. You can see the video at
      http://w-o.it/1orcSv7