    Feb 10, 2014

      Monday, February 10, 2014 Issue #4089

      It’s going to be interesting to see how WWE creative incorporates Betty
      White into tonight’s RAW. Usually guest hosts are booked in dumb spots but
      hopefully they’ll have something better for the 92 year old! Yes, 92. I’m
      pretty sure that makes her the oldest person to have ever participated in
      a live wrestling broadcast!

      The fights may be fixed, but the danger is all too
      real. BODY SLAM: new mystery exploring the world of
      wrestling by award-winning author Rex Burns.
      http://bit.ly/1nUXQgZ

      > WYATT FAMILY THEME RUMORED FOR LIVE TREATMENT AT WRESTLEMANIA
      - This weekend, the man who wrote the Wyatt Family theme song, Mark
      Crozer, announced on his Facebook that he would be performing the theme
      live at WrestleMania. "Well as I'm no longer able to contain my excitement
      I may as well let you know... I'm playing Wrestlemania! I'll let you know
      more details when I get them." Later on he deleted the message from his
      Facebook saying he jumped the gun about the news and it is still not
      confirmed that he would be playing at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The
      song, titled Live in Fear, is performed by Crozer featuring The Rels and
      is a big hit among the WWE fans. His Facebook page has now been
      deactivated although his Twitter account is still active. There’s no
      mention on Twitter about him performing at WrestleMania yet.

      > TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR WWE/NBCU TV DEAL
      - The New York Post is reporting that it might be a Valentine’s Day
      massacre for WWE and NBC Universal as NBCU has up until Friday to accept
      or refuse WWE’s offer for their television shows. NBCU had an exclusive
      negotiating period with WWE which ended last week and the NY Post says
      that there is “no deal in sight.” Once Friday is gone, WWE has the right
      to shop other networks with NBCU having the right to match the final
      offer. Currently NBCU pays around $140 million for WWE television and WWE
      is looking to increase that, possibly doubling it, thanks to the ratings
      they pull in the important 18-34 demographic. The same newspaper reported
      last month that NBCU is also offering a property at Universal Studios
      Florida as leverage to host a physical WWE Hall of Fame.

      > MARK HENRY DOES THE SPLIT AT NON-TELEVISED EVENT
      - Fans who attended the San Jose non-televised WWE live event over the
      weekend were treated to a first - Mark Henry doing a split! The move came
      after Rey Mysterio, Mark Henry, and Xavier Woods beat Alberto Del Rio and
      the Real Americans in a six-man tag team match and Woods started dancing
      and trying to get Henry to bust a move. Eventually Mysterio started
      rubbing Henry’s thighs to prepare him - you know, to prevent another
      injury hah! - and then Henry turned around and boom, he hit the split as
      the crowd went “Oooooh!!!!” You really gotta see it to believe it. Check
      out the video at http://w-o.it/MErad8

      > JOHN CENA GRANTS 400TH WISH FOR MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION
      - John Cena has reached yet another milestone with Make-A-Wish Foundation,
      granting his 400th wish, the highest for any celebrity. Cena’s
      accomplishment was announced on the Wish.org website. “We would like to
      thank John Cena for his commitment to Make-A-Wish, and congratulate him on
      being the first celebrity to grant 400 wishes,” read a small statement on
      the site. He broke the 300th wish back in June 2012 and was honored by
      Make-A-Wish Foundation at the annual awards last year in Glendale,
      Arizona. At the event, David A. Williams, President and CEO of Make-A-Wish
      America, called Cena a champion in the ring and a champion for wish kids
      across the world. Most of Cena’s wishes are not publicized as per his
      request and the former WWE champion spends a lot of time meeting kids for
      the organization.

      > TICKETS ON SALE FOR TNA’S 2015 MAXIMUM IMPACT UK TOUR
      - Although a year away, TNA has already announced details for the 2015
      Maximum Impact Tour of the United Kingdom with tickets already on sale on
      Ticketmaster.co.uk. So far there are three events booked for the tour, one
      in Glasgow, Scotland, on January 29 at The SSE Hydro, one in Manchester,
      England, on January 30 at the Phones 4u Arena, and one in London, England,
      on January 31 at the Wembley Arena. The Wembley show will be a double
      television taping for Impact which will also include an Ultimate X match.
      This will be the seventh UK tour in a row for TNA coming off a very
      successful tour which ended at the end of January this year.