    Feb 6, 2014

      Thursday, February 6, 2014 Issue #4087

      According to my math, we have two rooms left at The Ritz-Carlton, New
      Orleans, for the WrestleMania XXX weekend in our block. We might get more
      if they’re sold or we might not. Technically our cut off is March but they
      only give us rooms depending on availability. You can get more info and
      booking details at http://w-o.it/wmxxx.

      > RAW RATINGS
      - Monday Night RAW this week did 4,211,000 viewers with a 3.15 rating,
      down over 500,000 viewers from the post-Royal Rumble show last week. Hour
      one pulled in 4,428,000 viewers, hour two dropping slightly to 4,221,000
      and then a drop to 3,983,00 viewers in the third and final hour. (Ratings
      credit: PWInsider.com)

      > OVER 400 PAY-PER-VIEWS ON WWE NETWORK FROM DAY 1
      - WWE.COM has published a list of the pay-per-view archive that will be
      available right from the first day of the launch of the WWE Network come
      February 24. Over 400 pay-per-views from WWE, WCW, and ECW, will be
      available to stream as part of the $9.99 per month price. The shows are
      supposed to air uncut and unedited with some of them carrying a disclaimer
      at the beginning of the broadcast. The Over The Edge pay-per-view from
      1999, the one where Owen Hart passed away, is also listed although it will
      be interesting to see if that gets any editing. The WWE Network starts on
      February 24 and will be available to stream on several devices including
      Android, iOS, Playstation, Roku, and others. You can access the list of
      PPVs at
      http://www.wwe.com/inside/every-pay-per-view-on-wwe-network-26179147

      > HOF AND POST-WM RAW LOCATION GETS A NEW NAME
      - The WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony and the post-WrestleMania RAW
      will no longer be marketed as coming from the New Orleans Arena as the
      owners of the building have signed a deal for a new name! The arena will
      now be called the Smoothie King Center following a $40 million deal over
      10 years with the NBA team New Orleans Pelicans. The change is still not
      reflected on Ticketmaster.com for future ticket sales but everything will
      remain the same except the name of the arena. Tickets for both the Hall of
      Fame and Monday Night RAW are still available although both carry a notice
      on Ticketmaster that not many seats are left.

      > WWE.COM TAKES A LOOK AT THE SUPERSTARS WHO CAME FROM ROH
      - In a rare interview acknowledging other wrestling companies around,
      WWE.COM talked with several Superstars who came through the ranks of Ring
      of Honor as well as its founder, Gabe Sapolsky. The ones interviewed are
      Seth Rollins, Colt Cabana, Antonio Cesaro, and Daniel Bryan, leaving out
      one very important member of the ROH group - CM Punk. There is mention of
      CM Punk however in the article as well as others such as Samoa Joe and Low
      Ki. WWE.COM even provided links back to ROH’s website and Dragon Gate
      USA’s website, which is Sapolsky’s current job. You can read it at WWE.COM.

      > ADAM “EDGE” COPELAND BECOMES A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME
      - Former 11 time WWE and World Heavyweight champion Adam “Edge” Copeland
      appeared on the George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight show this week to talk
      about several topics including professional wrestling. Stroumboulopoulos
      asked Copeland about his time in the WWE and his retirement. Copeland said
      that hew knew it was time to hang up his boots and he didn’t want to end
      up like Mickey Rourke in the movie The Wrestler. Copeland explained all
      the pain he went through and how he avoided the pain killers but
      sympathized with those who fell for them because it’s easy to forget the
      pain once you start popping them in. The discussion turned to his match
      with Hulk Hogan winning the tag team titles together and Copeland said
      that was the most fun time he’s ever had. He went over how Hulk Hogan was
      so laid back at the time and told him that he will do whatever he asks
      him. The man formerly known as Edge said he pitched the idea to have a
      double boot and double leg drop for the climax of the match and Hogan
      agreed, even letting him get the pin to win the titles. In the final
      segment of the show, the host asked what was the most romantic thing that
      he’s ever done and Copeland answered with having a baby. He revealed that
      he’s still new to fatherhood as the baby was born just six weeks ago.
      Copeland’s girlfriend and mother of his baby is former WWE Women’s
      champion Beth Phoenix, who before dated CM Punk. You can see the interview
      at http://bit.ly/LC2Qb1