    Feb 3, 2014

      Monday, February 3, 2014 Issue #4085

      That SuperBowl match yesterday looked like an old WWF squash match, right?
      It still did 111.5 million viewers, the most-watched broadcast in
      television ever. Crazy. Sometimes I wonder how much people would tune in
      if WrestleMania was on free television. Call me crazy but it would work.
      They would make their money from 30 second advertisements like the NFL do.
      It would never pull over 100 million viewers but it would do way more than
      the 1 million it does on pay-per-view for sure!

      > NEW WWE JET TAKES IT TO THE SKIES
      - WWE’s newest private jet took flight today for the first time under the
      WWE brand according to a tweet by Stephanie McMahon. The $27.5 million
      2006 Bombardier Global 5000 jet took off for Omaha, Nebraska, for
      tonight’s Monday Night RAW carrying the McMahons and other key WWE
      personnel. Prior to buying this jet, WWE owned a 1998 Canadair Challenger
      which they bought in 2001. You can see the photo of WWE’s new plane
      covered with snow at the airport at http://w-o.it/1lx4k6Z

      > JOHN CENA INJURED AT NON-TELEVISED LIVE EVENT
      - Former WWE champion John Cena was injured during his match against Randy
      Orton on Saturday night in Orlando, Florida, and missed yesterday’s
      non-televised live event in Kansas City, Missouri. Cena apparently got
      poked in the eye by the WWE World Heavyweight champion by mistake and the
      injury was serious enough to take Cena off the show last night. A photo
      which surfaced online shows Cena’s eye swollen shut. At the Kansas City
      event, Orton told the fans that he injured Cena’s eye and that’s why he
      wouldn’t be in the building. Orton wrestled Daniel Bryan in a steel cage
      match instead, which Orton won with an RKO after interference from the
      Wyatt Family.

      > SEATTLE SEAHAWKS PAY TRIBUTE TO DANIEL BRYAN ON TWITTER
      - The new SuperBowl champions, the Seattle Seahawks, paid tribute to
      Daniel Bryan on their official Twitter account after the game. Bryan, who
      is from the state of Washington, first tweeted “First ever Seahawks Super
      Bowl win!!! AMAZING!!! There’s going to be a lot of happy people in
      Washington.” The social media team of the Seahawks got word of his Tweet
      and decided to return the favor. “@wwedanielbryan In the words of one of
      @wwe’s finest… #SuperBowlChamps,” the Seahawks tweeted, along with a
      picture of YES! YES! YES! along with the team’s logo, Super Bowl XLVIII
      Champions at the bottom and @WWEDANIELBRYAN at the very top. The image and
      tweet was retweeted 4,750 times at time of this writing. You can see the
      tweet at https://twitter.com/Seahawks/statuses/430174488420839425.
      Meanwhile, the Seahawks GM was photographed with his shirt off and a WWE
      title wrapped around his waist in the locker room following the team’s
      victory!

      > WWE NETWORK ON APPLE TV COMMENT DELETED FROM FACEBOOK PAGE
      - A reply to a question on Facebook regarding the WWE Network being
      available on the Apple TV was deleted by the WWE social media team but not
      before Apple websites such as Mac Rumors and Apple Insider got a hold of
      it. A would-be WWE Network subscriber asked about the availability of WWE
      Network on Apple TV, a device which WWE has so far not mentioned about
      being supported. “In order to experience WWE Network on Apple TV, you must
      have a second generation or later (black) Apple TV and be a WWE Network
      subscriber,” read the response. The second half of the response mentions a
      WWE-specific app on the Apple TV like Netflix, Hulu Plus, MLB, and others
      have. “Once WWE Network is available, you will be able to launch the WWE
      Network app directly from your Apple TV.” The response also said that the
      app would launch on February 24. The reply by the social media team was
      however deleted from the Facebook page soon after it was posted probably
      because they’re not allowed to reveal it yet for some reason. At the
      launch event, WWE Chief Revenue and Marketing Officer Michelle Wilson did
      mention that the service would be available on a connected device that she
      was not allow to mention yet. Media reps who attended that event were
      given a Google Chromecast or an Apple TV for free.

      > HOGAN AND SLAUGHTER IN RADIO SHACK SUPERBOWL COMMERCIAL
      - Hulk Hogan and Sgt Slaughter were two of the many 80s stars who were
      featured in a Radio Shack commercial which played during the SuperBowl
      yesterday. The pricey commercial featured two Radio Shack employees with
      one answering the phone telling his co-worker that the 80s called and they
      want their store back. So a bunch of 80s stars - including Hulk Hogan and
      Sgt Slaughter - walk in the Radio Shack store and clean house to make
      space for the new Radio Shack store. It’s pretty funny. Don’t blink
      though, you might miss Slaughter. Hint, pause at the 9 second mark! You
      can see the commercial at http://w-o.it/1lx578e . The two also filmed a
      separate commercial together for Radio Shack which you can see in the same
      URL.