    Jan 31, 2014

      Friday, January 31, 2014 Issue #4083

      This week’s archive of UnPlugged with Jeff Jackson and Tony Mirabella is
      up online and features an interview with former WWE and WCW manager Jim
      Cornette! Yes, that Jim Cornette! You can download it at
      http://www.snsradionetwork.com

      We have uploaded a new guest article written by Lee Richardson in the
      United Kingdom. Lee asks the question of with a roster to rival the
      glorious yesteryear of the WWE, why is today’s product so stale? You can
      read it at http://w-o.it/1kmCbvF

      > MVP REVEALED AS TNA MYSTERY INVESTOR
      - The new TNA investor was revealed on yesterday’s Impact and it was
      former WWE Superstar MVP, who’s back on wrestling television for the first
      time since the end of 2010. The news of MVP being at the show was actually
      spoiled before the tapings actually happened. On Twitter, he also posted,
      “A decision has been made. It's final. All systems go,” with later
      replying to a fan that he has not signed a contract “but a handshake will
      do for now!” The former WWE Tag Team and US title holder spent four years
      in the WWE, making his depute on Smackdown in August 2006. He was released
      from his WWE deal in December 2010 after he requested one. During his time
      away from WWE, MVP - real name Hassan Assad - worked for New Japan Pro
      Wrestling.

      > FLAIR REPLACES PUNK AT AXXESS VIP SESSION
      - CM Punk has been replaced by WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair for the
      Saturday, April 5 meet and greet session at WrestleMania Axxess. The
      change was announced in an e-mail by WWE to those who purchased tickets
      for the afternoon Axxess session. Those with tickets were given two
      options if they didn’t like the change: either replace it for another VIP
      session or get a full refund. CM Punk was scheduled for the third
      autograph session at 6PM on that day which also has Daniel Bryan, Big
      Show, and Sheamus doing other VIP signings during the day. As things stand
      and unless a compromise can be reached, Punk’s days in the WWE are over at
      least for the time being.

      > WWE BRINGING BIG GUNS FOR FIRST EVER LIVE NXT ON WWE NETWORK
      - WWE’s first live wrestling broadcast on the WWE Network will be held on
      February 27 and it will be the future Superstars and Divas of the WWE
      along with the current roster participating in an NXT special being called
      NXT Arrival. The show will be taped at the Full Sail University in Winter
      Park, Florida, the home of NXT tapings with tickets selling for $15 for
      general admission or $45 for ringside. The prices include admission for
      the tapings of the next day on February 28 and can be purchased online at
      http://nxttickets.ticketforce.com/ordertickets.asp?p=28. Scheduled
      matches for the live event are Antonio Cesaro vs Sami Zayn in a two out of
      three falls, Paige vs Emma for the NXT Women's title and Bo Dallas vs
      Adrian Neville in a ladder match for the NXT title. Also appearing on the
      show will be Shawn Michaels, John Cena, Paul Heyman, Bret Hart, New Age
      Outlaws, and Sheamus.

      > WHITE HOUSE STAFF TAKE DOWN DANIEL BRYAN PETITION
      - How pissed off are fans that Daniel Bryan is not going to main event
      WrestleMania? So much that someone decided to create a petition with the
      White House! The “We the People” petition page on WhiteHouse.gov allows
      Americans to ask the Obama Administration to take action on a range of
      important issues facing our country according to the page and as soon as
      any given petition hits 100,000 signatures, the White House staff have to
      consider it. “We the people wish to see WWE superstar Daniel Bryan main
      event Wrestlemania XXX in a match for the WWE World Heavyweight
      Championship,” read the description of the petition, which almost had
      100,000 signatures. But the White House staff deemed this was not an
      important issue to the country and deleted the petition. “The petition you
      are trying to access has been removed from the site under our Moderation
      Policy because it is in violation of our Terms of Participation,“ reads
      the note on the page. Looks like the White House people aren’t fans of
      Daniel Bryan!

      > WWE STOCKS JUMP TO OVER $24 EACH
      - WWE stocks continued to soar, ending the week at $24.19, a 4.18%
      increase over yesterday’s closing. Stocks jumped on the announcement of
      the WWE deal with BSkyB in the United Kingdom after rumors that Sky paid
      much more for the TV rights this time around. At one point today stocks
      hit $24.82, which is a new 52-week high. WWE’s market cap on today’s
      closing stands at $1.7 billion.