    Jan 26, 2014

      Sunday, January 26, 2014 Issue #4079

      The Royal Rumble is my second favorite WWE pay-per-view, obviously behind
      WrestleMania. I hope we see some cool surprises tonight! Enjoy the show if
      you are watching!

      > ROYAL RUMBLE LIVE ON PPV TONIGHT
      - Live tonight from the Consol Energy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, WWE
      presents the first pay-per-view of the 2014 calendar, the Royal Rumble.
      The full card is as follows: Randy Orton vs John Cena for the WWE World
      Heavyweight title; Big Show vs Brock Lesnar; Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt;
      The 30-man over-the-top rope Royal Rumble match; and Cody Rhodes and
      Goldust vs The New Age Outlaws for the WWE Tag Team titles in the kickoff
      match. Competitors so far announced for the Royal Rumble are Batista,
      Alberto Del Rio, Big E Langston, The Miz, R-Truth, Xavier Woods, Kofi
      Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Goldust, Rey Mysterio, Fandango, CM Punk, Dean
      Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Damien
      Sandow, Jimmy Uso, and Jey Uso. Those are 20 entries, leaving 10
      unannounced entrants.

      > BETTING FAVORITES FOR THE ROYAL RUMBLE
      - Betting on the Royal Rumble is revealing a potential spoiler as Daniel
      Bryan is listed as odds on favorite to win the show according to betting
      websites such as Sky Bet, Paddy Power, and William Hill even though Bryan
      hasn’t officially been announced in the Rumble match itself. Batista is
      the second favorite on bets followed by CM Punk, a distant third with odds
      at 8/1. Randy Orton is also favorite to win and retain the WWE World
      Heavyweight title with the odds at 1/12 while Cena is 6/1. In other
      matches, Wyatt, Lesnar, and the New Age Outlaws are all favorite to win
      their respective matches.

      > NATALYA FEATURED IN FEBRUARY ISSUE OF FLEX MAGAZINE
      - WWE Diva Natalya is featured on the February issue of FLEX Magazine,
      which is out in stores tomorrow, January 27. The former WWE Divas champion
      occupies a small part of the front magazine, with her photo on the top
      right of the magazine and a title of “One-on-one with WWE Diva Natalya.”
      Her section on the mag starts at page 170 and the magazine dedicated 7
      pages to Natalya, with a full write up and photos as well. It’s pretty
      good coverage for one of the most liked WWE Divas on the roster. You can
      see her spread at http://w-o.it/1izGVjf

      > JERICHO AND NASH IN PITTSBURGH TODAY
      - Two former WWE Superstars are in Pittsburgh today, the site of the Royal
      Rumble for other commitments. Coincidence, or a cover? The first one in
      was Kevin Nash, who this week dyed his hair back to its original color.
      Nash on Twitter said it’s for an upcoming TV pilot but was also hosting a
      pre-Rumble party yesterday. The second one in the area is Chris Jericho,
      who always likes to work the internet wrestling community. Jericho wrote
      on Twitter that he was going to show up at the World of Wheels at the
      Lawrence Convention Center from Noon to 3PM. “Let’s get ready to rumble
      Jerichoholics,” Jericho wrote at the end of his tweet to fuel the fire
      some more.

      > WWE NETWORK PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES OF TV
      - CNNMoney.com has an article about 5 products that are pushing the
      boundaries of television and lists the upcoming WWE Network in the first
      place. “The pro wrestling monolith will be the biggest and most
      influential company to completely circumvent traditional television,” the
      article states, putting WWE in the list along with the likes of Netflix,
      HBO, Microsoft’s Xbox One, and Vevo. WWE shook the TV world earlier this
      month after announcing the $9.99 a month WWE Network which will includes
      all previous WWE, WCW, and ECW shows, original series, and all of the
      yearly 12 pay-per-views at no additional cost. The WWE Network launches on
      February 24 in the United States.

      > TNA TO HOLD HOF CEREMONY FOR KURT ANGLE IN LONDON
      - Former TNA champion Kurt Angle announced on the UK Sunday Brunch TV show
      on Channel 4 that he will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame during the
      UK tour which will start next week. Angle will be formally inducted in the
      HOF on Saturday, February 1, during the London leg of the tour at the
      Wembley Arena. “There are some things I wanted to accomplish before
      accepting induction into the TNA Hall of Fame, and now I’m ready. I’m
      thankful I have been able to do this in my own time. The phenomenal
      wrestling fans in London will be part of this memorable and emotional
      night this Saturday,” Angle said. Angle was originally supposed to be
      inducted in the Hall of Fame at the Bound For Glory weekend last year by
      Sting. As per the storyline, Angle refused the offer and said that he
      didn’t deserve an induction ceremony and would accept the offer when he
      feels he earned it.