    Jan 23, 2014

      Thursday, January 23, 2014 Issue #4077

      Just one more month for the WWE Network. I’m seriously excited for this. I
      wonder what show I will watch first. Hmm…

      > BATISTA’S RETURN LEADS TO RATINGS JUMP
      - Monday Night RAW did a great number this week, getting a 3.5 rating and
      an average of 4,860,000 viewers for the three hour show. That is an
      increase from last week’s 3.12 number. Hour one had a total of 5,250,000
      viewers, followed by 5,000,000 in the second hour, and then a steep drop
      to 4,360,000 viewers in the third and final hour. Fans certainly tuned in
      to see the return of Batista and probably once they figured out he’s not
      coming back in the broadcast, RAW saw a mass exodus of viewers in the
      third hour, dropping 640,000 viewers in the process. (Ratings compiled by
      Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > WWE AND DK PUBLISHING ANNOUNCE DEAL
      - WWE and DK Publishing announced that they have entered into a multi-year
      global agreement to publish and market titles based on WWE events and WWE
      Superstars. The agreement will include up to 18 DK releases over three
      years, including the two upcoming commemorative books WWE 50: Celebrating
      50 Years of Sports Entertainment, and 30 Years of WrestleMania. DK will
      also publish a new line of children’s books focusing on the careers of
      John Cena, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and other top WWE Superstars, as well
      as sticker books, autobiographies and various historical guides. The
      agreement is worldwide and also includes digital rights and various
      subsidiary rights. "The multi-year publishing partnership between WWE and
      DK will bring a diverse and exciting line of print and digital books to
      WWE fans,” said Alex Allan, Global Publisher of DK.

      > TICKET INFORMATION FOR WRESTLEMANIA AXXESS
      - Tickets for the WrestleMania Axxess fan interaction multi-day event will
      go on sale on Saturday, February 1, at Ticketmaster.com. There will be a
      total of six sessions of Axxess including one on Thursday, one on Friday,
      three on Saturday, and one on WrestleMania Sunday. The Thursday and Friday
      events start at 6PM and go through 10PM. The three sessions on Saturday
      are from 8AM to Noon, 1PM to 5PM, and 6PM to 10PM. The Sunday event is
      from 8AM to 2PM. General admission tickets are $45 while VIP tickets will
      be set at $95.

      > GRANTLAND.COM INTERVIEWS JIM ROSS
      - Grantland.com has a fantastic interview with WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross
      which covers several topics including football, announcing, sauce, and of
      course wrestling. Ross discussed his hiring - and firing - from WWE,
      including the latest one after SummerSlam for failing to keep the WWE 2K14
      panel in check, the night he got bloodied up by Steve Austin after
      WrestleMania in the ring, his new one-man shows, and more. It’s a really
      great interview and just summarizing it wouldn’t do it justice. You can
      read it in full at http://es.pn/1eeLvMO. Speaking of JR, he announced on
      Twitter today that he has signed a deal with Fox Sports. “Fox Sports deal
      done. I’m now on the team. My Royal Rumble feature will be up today @
      foxsports.com,” Ross wrote.

      > TICKETS FOR JR’S NEW ORLEANS EVENT ON SALE THIS WEEK
      - As previously announced, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross will be doing his
      Ringside: An Evening with Jim Ross show in New Orleans during WrestleMania
      week. JR will host two shows on Thursday, April 3, held at the House of
      Blues, just down the road from Wrestling-Online’s official hotel partner,
      The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans. The first show will be held at 6:30PM while
      the second one will kick off at 9:30PM with tickets going on sale this
      coming Saturday at 10AM at Ticketmaster.com. Ticket prices are $30 for
      general admission, $45 for balcony seating, and $70 for a VIP ticket which
      will also include a meet and greet with the legendary wrestling announcer.
      The House of Blues is located at 225 Decatur Street.

      > 30 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE BIRTH OF HULKAMANIA
      - 30 years ago today, Hulkamania was born at Madison Square Garden after
      he defeated The Iron Sheik for the WWF title. As the saying goes, the
      rest, is history. “30 years ago a dream came true, I became WWE Champion
      and HULKAMANIA has been runnin wild ever since, 30 years, seems like
      yesterday brother,” Hogan wrote on his Twitter earlier today. WWE didn’t
      let this historic anniversary pass without at least a mention. The
      official WWE YouTube account has a video looking back at the birth of
      Hulkamania with comments from Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Mean Gene
      Okerlund, George “The Animal” Steele, and others. You can see the video at
      http://w-o.it/1asW0AF