    Jan 17, 2014

      Friday, January 17, 2014 Issue #4074

      Ah, Friday baby!

      The archive of the two hour interview with AJ Styles on this week’s
      UnPlugged is up at SNSRadioNetwork.com. JJ and Bronx really raised their
      game on this one. I suggest you listen to it if you’re an AJ fan. Great
      stuff.

      Have a great weekend!

      > STING’S TIME WITH TNA MAY BE UP FOR GOOD
      - Sting's time with TNA Wrestling looks like it's up as well, as the
      former champion and Hall of Famer is in a title vs career match for next
      week's Impact television show against current TNA champion Magnus. Sting's
      one year contract with the company is expiring and if you recall a few
      years ago he was very close to sign with WWE to take on the Undertaker at
      WrestleMania. Vignettes were airing to promote the match that looked like
      they were pointing to Sting but eventually he signed a new deal with the
      company and all WrestleMania plans fell apart. In later interviews he
      admitted that he was close to going to WWE for the first time in his
      career. Sting has been with TNA since 2003 and won the NWA title, the TNA
      World title on four different occasions, TNA Tag Team title once with Kurt
      Angle and was the first person inducted in the TNA Hall of Fame. He is not
      being advertised for the upcoming UK tour which will see TNA tape a month
      worth of Impact tapings overseas. At 54 years of age, this would be
      probably Sting's final chance to ever make it to WrestleMania. He is the
      last big name wrestler in recent history who has never stepped foot inside
      a WWE ring.

      > TOTAL DIVAS DUO TIE THE KNOT
      - WWE Superstar Jimmy Uso and WWE Diva Naomi tied the knot yesterday in
      Hawaii with cameras from E! present to record the whole thing for season
      two of Total Divas. The duo, who go by their real name of Jon and Trinity
      on the show, posted a photo of themselves after the wedding looking all
      happy on a beach still dressed in their wedding outfits which was
      published on Trinity’s Instagram account. “Mr and Mrs Fatu,” said the
      description of the photo along with an emoticon with heart shapes on it.
      Season two of Total Divas is expected to return on the air in March of
      this year.

      > POST-WM XXX SMACKDOWN TICKETS ON SALE
      - The post-WrestleMania Smackdown will be held at the Cajun Dome in
      Lafayette, Louisiana, on Tuesday, April 8. The pre-sale for the show
      kicked off today and will run till later tonight, ending at 10PM CST.
      Tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow, January 18, at 10AM
      CST. Ticket prices are $25.70, $35.90, $46.15, $61.55, and $107.65
      including all fees. Those who wish to purchase tickets during the pre-sale
      can go to Ticketmaster.com and use the password WWECAJUN. (Thanks to W-O
      reader Steve Alleyne for the password)

      > DANA WHITE DISCUSSES WWE NETWORK AND VINCE MCMAHON
      - Speaking with the media following the UFC Fight Night 35 show in
      Atlanta, UFC President Dana White discussed his thoughts about the
      recently announced WWE Network. “Vince is a guy who is a trailblazer,”
      White said to the media gathered around him. “He’s an animal, man!” White
      said that it’s hard to doubt Vince McMahon when you see what he’s done
      with the WWE and said that while putting all the pay-per-views as part of
      the WWE Network for $9.99 doesn’t make sense for him or the UFC, it might
      make sense for WWE. “I hope it works for him, and we wish nothing but the
      best for WWE,” White said, adding that sometimes it seems that Vince hates
      the UFC but no one in the UFC hates WWE. The UFC President defended Vince
      McMahon’s track record and dismissed critics who bring up the XFL which
      was a big time failed experiment by Vince and NBC.

      > BROCK LESNAR BACK IN THE UFC? IT’S A POSSIBILITY SAYS WHITE
      - UFC President Dana White has his door open for Brock Lesnar to return to
      the UFC and when asked about if WWE and the UFC would “share” Brock
      Lesnar, White said, “You never know!” White revealed that he and Brock do
      talk and the former UFC champion feels like he has some regrets since he
      wasn’t that healthy during his career in the company. Lesnar told White
      that a 100% Brock Lesnar could have done much better than what the Lesnar
      we saw did and White told him that he’s out of his mind. White said that
      Lesnar fighting again down the road is a possibility and wonders what
      could have happen if he wasn’t ill. White added that from the first day
      Lesnar stepped into the UFC till his last day he was was suffering from
      diverticulitis.

      > THE AMERICAN WOLVES DEBUT ON IMPACT
      - Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, the tag team better known as The
      American Wolves in Ring Of Honor, made their debut last night on Impact.
      The duo appeared in a backstage segment with TNA President Dixie Carter
      where she offered them a tryout match for next week and if she likes it,
      she’ll sign them to a deal. But The Wolves, as they are now known, told
      Dixie that they already signed a TNA contract and handed her an envelope
      where it was revealed that a “new TNA investor” gave them the deal that
      morning.