    Jan 14, 2014

      Tuesday, January 14, 2014 Issue #4071

      We are bringing back the $3 per issue advertising on the newsletter.
      There’s no minimum, so you can buy 1 ad for $3 and a maximum of 7
      consecutive ads for $21. They are on first come first served basis and
      only one ad per issue will appear. If you’re interested in text ads on
      this newsletter, e-mail me at editor@....

      Tonight, former TNA champion AJ Styles is scheduled to join Jeff Jackson
      and Tony Mirabella live on UnPlugged at 9PM EST on SNSRadioNetwork.com.
      Don’t miss it!

      > ULTIMATE WARRIOR ANNOUNCED FOR THE WWE HALL OF FAME
      - WWE yesterday announced that the first inductee into the 2014 WWE Hall
      of Fame will be none other than The Ultimate Warrior. Bad blood between
      Warrior and the company resulted in an 18 year absence from WWE television
      and it was only last year that the relationship between the two parties
      got on the right track after Warrior was invited to appear as part of the
      WWE 2K14 video game from 2K Sports. “The Ultimate Warrior was the most
      intense, colorful, competitive and outspoken Superstar in sports
      entertainment history, and his contributions to WWE were extraordinary,”
      said WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon in a press release. “We are
      thrilled to induct the Ultimate Warrior into the WWE Hall of Fame.”
      Warrior joined WWE in 1987 and stayed with the company till 1991, where he
      was suspended right after SummerSlam, a show he threatened not to appear
      even though he was part of the main event. At WrestleMania VIII, six
      months after his departure, Warrior returned to WWE to save Hulk Hogan but
      his return was also short-lived and left the company before Survivor
      Series that year, a show where he was also supposed to be in the main
      event. He returned one final time in 1996 at WrestleMania XII, beating
      Triple H in a squash match but once again, Warrior’s contract was
      terminated shortly thereafter following Warrior no-showing live events. In
      1998 he moved to WCW where he only wrestled in three matches for yet
      another short stint in a wrestling company. Warrior will be the main event
      of the 2014 Hall of Fame ceremony.

      > VINCE MCMAHON DISCUSSES WWE NETWORK WITH INVESTORS
      - WWE held a conference call today with investors to talk about the WWE
      Network with CEO and Chairman Vince McMahon and Chief Strategy & Financial
      Officer George Barrios taking calls. No new information was given out
      during the call other than what was released already to the media.
      Regarding the $9.99 price, there will be a yearly price listed as well
      although no mention of a discount if you pre-pay for a whole year. Barrios
      said that based on that price and an estimate of two to three million
      subscribers, their content delivery price will be around $1 per subscriber
      and obviously much higher for less than 2 million. Describing the response
      from fans and media as enormous, they said that they expect a million
      subscribers by the end of 2014 and an additional 750K to another million
      by the end of 2015 once it rolls out internationally. Discussing the idea
      that the Network might hurt their TV partners, Vince McMahon said that
      USA Network thinks that the Network will deliver more traffic to USA. He
      made it clear that there’s no new deal in place yet with NBC Universal to
      renew RAW and Smackdown and hopes to have an announcement after
      WrestleMania.

      > MORE RUMBLE PARTICIPANTS ANNOUNCED
      - 12 of the 30 participants in this year’s Royal Rumble match have been
      announced so far with 10 of them made public yesterday during Monday Night
      RAW. Big E Langston, The Miz, R-Truth, Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, Cody
      Rhodes, Goldust, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, and Fandango join the other two
      previously announced Superstars, Alberto Del Rio and Batista for the
      over-the-top rope match. Most of the remaining competitors will be
      announced next week on the final two TV shows prior to the Rumble however
      some spots will remain open as surprise entrants. Last year Goldust and
      The Godfather were the two surprise entrants in the Rumble.

      > LOCKDOWN PPV TO BE HELD IN CORAL GABLES, FLORIDA
      - The TNA Lockdown pay-per-view this year will be held at the BankUnited
      Center on the campus of the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida.
      The announcement was made by TNA President Dixie Carter on Twitter. The
      show will be live on pay-per-view on March 9 with tickets going on sale to
      the general public on January 24. The $48 million arena has a capacity of
      7,972 seats although it’s highly unlikely that TNA will open the full
      arena for the show. In the past all arenas had a quarter of it curtained
      off due to lack of ticket sales. This is the second time that TNA will be
      using the facility after holding a non-televised live event there in
      September 2008.