    Jan 13, 2014

      Monday, January 13, 2014 Issue #4070

      Hello peeps. If you are attending RAW tonight please drop us some off air
      notes from the show. Thank you.

      > HALL OF FAME TICKETS ON SALE THIS WEEK
      - Tickets for the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony will go on sale
      this coming Saturday at 10AM CST on Ticketmaster.com. The event will be
      held on April 5, the evening before WrestleMania XXX at the New Orleans
      Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana. The pre-sale will kick off on Thursday,
      January 16, at 10AM CST and will end on Friday at 11:45PM CST. Prices
      range from $25 to $150 plus additional fees.

      > WWE NETWORK FACEBOOK PAGE HITS 1 MILLION
      - In a matter of days, the WWE Network official Facebook page went to over
      1 million likes, maybe a sign to come when it comes to sales come February
      24, the day the Network officially launches. While obviously not all the
      ‘likes’ are U.S. based, the figure does not represent the perfect forecast
      of potential subscribers. The page has been a bit active since the launch
      on January 8, posting preview clips of upcoming shows, photos, and other
      videos. The Twitter account of the Network has been even more active but
      followers haven’t topped 140,000 by the time of this writing.

      > JAKE “THE SNAKE” ROBERTS EXPLAINS HOW HIS RETURN CAME ABOUT
      - Speaking to WWE.COM about his surprise return on RAW, Jake “The Snake”
      Roberts explained how only a handful of people knew about it and it was
      kept secret until he hit the Gorilla position. Jake said that he flew into
      a different airport and he was smuggled in the backstage area and was put
      in one of the busses away from everyone. He spent five hours there waiting
      until someone told him what was going to happen. Jake said that he was
      taken care of and they brought him food and a number to call in case he
      needed something while sitting there waiting. He added that only Mark
      Carrano, Vince McMahon, Triple H, Diamond Dallas Page, and the person who
      did his travel knew about his return and met Vince just minutes before he
      came out to the ring. “Honestly, I didn’t think it would ever happen,”
      Roberts told WWE.COM. You can read the interesting interview in full at
      http://www.wwe.com/inside/jake-the-snake-roberts-exclusive-interview-261754
      31

      > THE TOP 10 WEALTHIEST WRESTLERS LIST
      - TheRichest.com website has an article listing the top 10 wealthiest pro
      wrestlers of all time and only one of them is in TNA. Coming in 10th place
      is Mick Foley with net worth of $15 million. The Undertaker is in 9th with
      $16 million, followed by Shawn Michaels in 8th place with $17 million, and
      Chris Jericho in 7th with $18 million. Kurt Angle is in 6th place with a
      net worth of $20 million, The Big Show is in 5th with $20 million as well,
      and Triple H in 4th with $25 million. The top three are John Cena with $35
      million, followed by another Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin in
      second with $45 million, and to no surprise, The Rock tops the list with
      an estimated net worth of $70 million. If you are wondering where is Hulk
      Hogan in the list, Hogan got cleaned by his wife in a messy divorce and
      other lawsuits certainly didn’t help him either.

      > PIPER PUSHING FOR MATCH AGAINST HOGAN AT WM XXX
      - WWE Hall of Famer Rowdy Roddy Piper is pushing for a match against
      fellow Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania XXX on Twitter. “Dare you
      to put Hogan vs Piper! Separate the men from the Boys,” he wrote on
      Twitter. He followed a few minutes later with another tweet, writing, “If
      I did WMXXX with Hogan, I’d train my ass off!, and from bell to bell I’d
      fight with everything I got! I’d WIN’” There have been rumors of actually
      putting Piper and Hogan in a tag match, not together, but against each
      other with current WWE Superstars as their tag team partners. WWE is
      trying to lock down Hulk Hogan to a deal for WrestleMania XXX and God
      knows Hogan needs that money at the moment. Putting him in a tag match -
      and adding Piper to the mix - would certainly make it easier to limit
      their in-ring time and have them only come in in certain parts of the
      match. Both Hogan and Piper were in the main event of WrestleMania I in
      Madison Square Garden in a tag team match along with Mr T, Paul Orndorff,
      Jimmy Snuka, and Cowboy Bob Orton.

      > JR CLOSE TO NEW DEAL WITH FOX SPORTS
      - WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is close to signing a deal with Fox Sports
      according to his latest blog and while he already wrote an article for
      FoxSports.com, the deal is not signed yet. “I have not yet signed with Fox
      but we are obviously close and are hopeful that we can finalize the
      contract next week,” Ross wrote. “Fox provides an amazing platform for
      creative work and for the many projects that I am working on during the
      most unretired time of my life.” Fox, as everyone knows, has the
      broadcasting rights for UFC so it will be interesting to see if JR gets in
      the mix as well for the network doing some MMA jobs. In related news, Ross
      will be bringing his ‘Ringside’ event to New Orleans during WrestleMania
      week. The event will be held at the House of Blues but no dates have been
      announced yet or even ticket prices.