    Jan 8, 2014

      Wednesday, January 8, 2014 Issue #4067

      There was a mistake in one of yesterday’s stories that a lot of people
      pointed out and I want to correct here - Jake Roberts last appeared on WWE
      TV in 2005 and not 1997 as stated in the last newsletter. Thanks to
      everyone who sent in the correction.

      Really looking forward to all the details of the WWE Network which will be
      announced tonight. If they make it affordable enough, people will get it.
      I know I will!

      > WWE IN LAS VEGAS AT CES 2014 FOR NETWORK ANNOUNCEMENT
      - It’s a very important day today in the history of WWE as the company
      plans to announce the launch of the WWE Network tonight at 6:30PM PST live
      from the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event will be hosted by WWE
      Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon with appearances from Chief Revenue and
      Marketing Officer Michelle Wilson, Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon,
      EVP of Talent and Live Events Triple H, EVP of Digital Media Perkins
      Miller, along with Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, and John Cena. WWE timed
      the launch to coincide with CES 2014, the Internationally renowned
      electronics and technology trade show which attracts hundreds of thousands
      of visitors every year. The event will be streamed live at 6:30PM PST /
      9:30PM EST on WWE.com, the WWE App, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo!,
      Google+, and Pheed.

      > YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED…CHECK OUT WWE’S INVITE TO THE MEDIA
      - While they have never officially said that tonight’s announcement in Las
      Vegas is about the WWE Network, the corporate site jumped the gun
      yesterday and put ‘WWE Network Announcement’ on the Investor Relations
      calendar, a title which was taken down later in the day and replaced with
      just ‘WWE Tune In Announcement.’ To help drive those invited to the Wynn
      Las Vegas hotel, WWE is providing shuttle buses started at 5:30PM local
      time from the Las Vegas Convention Center where CES 2014 is being held to
      WWE’s event. All shuttle buses will have a WWE logo on them. Cocktails and
      hors d’oeuvres will be served at the Encore Theater as WWE tries to make a
      splash in the super-crowded Vegas scene this week. You can see the
      invitation that WWE sent to the media at http://w-o.it/1aGGITg

      > OLD SCHOOL IS STILL COOL
      - Everybody seems to like nostalgia acts as the Old School RAW pulled in a
      3.2 rating and an average of 4,538,000 viewers, up 409,000 viewers over
      last week’s show. Hour one did 4,723,000 followed by 4,427,000 in the
      second, and 4,463,000 in the third and final hour. Hour one hasn’t seen
      that much viewers since March 2013 and the overall viewership number was
      the best since the March 11, 2013 episode. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen
      Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > KAITLYN LEAVES WWE
      - WWE Diva Kaitlyn has been released from her contract after she has
      chosen to pursue other opportunities outside the sports-entertainment
      industry. Kaitlyn, real name Celeste Bonin, will appear on tonight’s Main
      Event on ION taking on AJ Lee in her final match for WWE. “Today is
      bittersweet. I’ve officially left @WWE on my own terms. Much love to WWE
      and all of you guys,” she wrote on her Twitter account. The 27 year old
      started with the WWE in 2010 after she was signed to a developmental deal
      at Florida Championship Wrestling. Later that year she joined the third
      season of NXT where she worked with Vickie Guerrero as her pro. She went
      on to win NXT that season, defeating Naomi in the final. Kaitlyn is a
      one-time WWE Divas champion, winning the title from Eve Torres on the
      January 14, 2013 edition of Monday Night RAW. She lost the title to AJ in
      June of last year at Payback, lasting 153 days as the champion, the fifth
      longest reign since the Divas title was introduced in 2008.

      > MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS FANS DO THE “YES” CHANT
      - Daniel Bryan and his “Yes!” chant got some publicity on ESPN after
      Michigan State football starting right guard Travis Jackson got a jam
      packed arena to do the chant including the pointing of the fingers at a
      Michigan State Spartans basketball game. Jackson is a big WWE fan and has
      been doing Bryan’s routine each time they score a touchdown but during the
      halftime of the basketball game against Ohio State on Tuesday night,
      Jackson and his teammates came out on the court to fire up the fans. The
      result? 15,000 people doing the “Yes!” chant and a nice TV moment. The
      stunt made it on ESPN, USA Today, and other sports websites picked up the
      video and story which you can see at http://w-o.it/K6LUJ5

      > TNA AND CHALLENGE TV SIGN NEW MULTI-YEAR DEAL
      - TNA and Challenge TV in the United Kingdom today announced a new
      multi-year deal that will keep TNA programming for free in the region.
      This new agreement will see Challenge continue to air Impact every Sunday
      night at 9PM and Xplosion every Wednesday at 11PM, along with the Bound
      For Glory, Lockdown and Slammiversary pay-per-view events. The new deal
      also give Challenge the rights to broadcast some older TNA programming and
      matches. “TNA’s relationship with our loyal fans in the UK and Ireland is
      a cornerstone of our remarkable international growth,” said TNA President
      Dixie Carter. “By continuing our strong relationship with Challenge, fans
      will still be able to watch free weekly TNA programming, the most-viewed
      professional wrestling program across the region.” Challenge is available
      on Freeview channel 46, Sky 145, Virgin 139 and Freesat 145.