    Jan 1, 2014

      Wednesday, January 1, 2014 Issue #4062

      Happy new year everyone! The December issue of the W-O Digital Mag is up
      on the AppStore Newsstand and is available to download for free. You can
      get it for your iPad at http://w-o.it/womag

      > NO PLANS FOR THE ROCK AT WRESTLEMANIA 30
      - Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson held a #RockTalk on Twitter yesterday and got
      absolutely bombarded with questions from his millions…and millions of
      followers. One interesting question that was answered was about The Rock’s
      return to WWE for WrestleMania 30. The answer however wasn’t good for
      wrestling fans, but not all was bad. “Between Vince, Brock & myself our
      Wrestlemania 30 plan was ROCK vs BROCK,” Johnson replied, confirming the
      initial plans that the two were supposed to kickstart their feud the night
      after WrestleMania on RAW. “No plans now for 30 but possibly WM 31,” Rock
      added. Johnson is pretty busy with different movies in 2014 and one of
      them, San Andreas - which is a 3D disaster movie - is set to start
      shooting in April around the time of WrestleMania 30. So there you have
      it, no Rock at WrestleMania 30, at least for now.

      > MAIN EVENT FOR 2014 ROYAL RUMBLE SET
      - The main event for the 2014 Royal Rumble will be Randy Orton defending
      the WWE World Heavyweight title against John Cena in a rematch from the
      TLC pay-per-view. While the match will not be a tables, ladders, and
      chairs one, it will have a stipulation attached to it: the match can only
      end in a pinfall or submission, with Stephanie McMahon saying there will
      be "no interference" and "no excuses." WWE is already promoting this match
      as one "of the biggest" rematches in WWE history, to play off the TLC
      match which was marketed as the biggest and most important match in WWE to
      unify both titles.

      > BROCK LESNAR RETURNS, ATTACKS MARK HENRY
      - The beast is back. Brock Lesnar returned on WWE television on Monday
      during the final Monday Night RAW of 2013 and attacked former World
      Heavyweight champion Mark Henry. Lesnar - accompanied by Paul Heyman - was
      introduced back by Triple H, who shook hands with both of them before
      leaving the ring. Heyman, who was also last seen at the Hell In A Cell
      pay-per-view, announced that Brock Lesnar is back to be the WWE World
      Heavyweight champion and not to settle any old scores and challenged
      anyone to try and stop him. Mark Henry eventually came out but got
      annihilated by the former WWE and UFC champion before delivering an
      impressive F5 on Henry on the floor. The scary part? Lesnar picked up the
      massive Henry for the F5 like he was a small kid. Lesnar's return - which
      was not advertised and was supposed to be kept as a surprise - leaked
      yesterday after word got out that Big E Langston taped a backstage
      vignette on Sunday during the Smackdown tapings talking about Mark Henry
      being attacked by Lesnar. WWE taped Smackdown before RAW due to the
      holidays.

      > LEGENDS AND HALL OF FAMERS ADVERTISED FOR OLD SCHOOL RAW
      - The first RAW of 2014 will be an Old School edition with several WWE
      Legends returning to the broadcast which will be in retro-mode, using old
      WWF graphics, logos, theme song, and setup. A video to promote the special
      edition of the show aired during RAW yesterday and included Ric Flair,
      Diamond Dallas Page, Million Dollar Man, IRS, New Age Outlaws, Rowdy Roddy
      Piper, Rikishi, Booker T, Mean Gene Okerlund, Bob Backlund, and Scotty 2
      Hotty.

      > RAW RATING
      - The last RAW of 2013 had an average of 4,129,000 viewers, up 308,000
      viewers from last week’s taped show. Hour one did 4,141,000 viewers,
      followed by 4,204,000 in the second, and 4,040,000 in the third and final
      hour. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by
      PWInsider.com)