    Dec 29, 2013

      Sunday, December 29, 2013 Issue #4060

      It’s been a quiet week which is why we haven’t graced (or spammed?) your
      mailbox over the holidays. I am imagining it will be slow over the next
      couple of days as well so if you don’t see an e-mail from us, please check
      the website for the latest as that is kept updated as news rolls in.

      > INTERCONTINENTAL AND U.S. TITLE TO BE UNIFIED?
      - WWE.COM is carrying an article/interview about the possibility of the
      United States and Intercontinental Titles to be unified. The website
      interviewed both the current IC champ Big E Langston and the US champ Dean
      Ambrose about their thoughts on a possible unification. Both Superstars
      said that they would be up for it, with Ambrose saying “as long as they
      made one good looking” title for him to carry around. The Intercontinental
      title went through three unification matches since 2002, first it was
      unified with the European title, then with the Hardcore title, and later
      in the year it was unified with the World Heavyweight title during the No
      Mercy pay-per-view. The title was revived the next year on RAW by Steve
      Austin.

      > RAW RATING
      - This week’s taped edition of Monday Night RAW did 3,821,000 viewers,
      down 331,000 viewers from last week’s show. Hour one did 3,893,000 viewers
      followed by 3,959,000 in the second, and 3,610,000 in the third and final
      hour. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by
      PWInsider.com)

      > RAW GOES OLD SCHOOL ON JANUARY 6
      - The first Monday Night RAW of 2014 is being advertised as an Old School
      RAW on the website of the Baltimore Arena. There is no mention yet
      anywhere on WWE.COM about the special theme but WWE does send out
      promotional material in advance to the marketing teams of the hosting
      arena to promote it on their websites. The company has been doing these
      old school RAWs every year, reverting back to the old TV graphics, logos,
      attire for referees, and of course appearances by former WWE Superstars.
      This particular RAW is on January 6 from Baltimore, Maryland.

      > AJ STYLES BACK IN RING OF HONOR AFTER 8 YEAR ABSENCE
      - Former TNA champion AJ Styles is returning back to the company he made
      famous - Ring of Honor - for an event which will take place at the
      Nashville Fairgrounds on January 4. His match against Roderick Strong will
      be taped and airing on ROH TV the weekend of February 1. This will be the
      first time in 8 years that Styles will appear for Ring of Honor. “I’m
      excited to return to ROH and the Nashville Fairgrounds. Lots of history
      made that I was part of in both. Expect more on January 4. Hope Nashville
      fans fill that asylum," said Styles in a statement.

      > TNA TAPING ONE NIGHT ONLY PPV SHOW TONIGHT
      - TNA is in Lowell, Massachusetts, tonight to tape their Hardcore Justice
      pay-per-view which is part of their One Night Only series. The show will
      not air tonight but at a later time next year. These shows are done to
      fulfill contract obligations that the company has with their International
      television partners to make up for the fact that they have canned most of
      their monthly pay-per-views. Scheduled to air on Hardcore Justice are
      Bully Ray vs Mr Anderson in a stretcher match; Lei’D Tapa vs Velvet Sky in
      a street fight; Ethan Carter III vs Tommy Dreamer in a tables match;
      Kazarian and Daniels vs Eric Young and Abyss in a full metal mayhem match;
      Austin Aries vs Chris Sabin in an X-Division Xscape match; and Team Angle
      vs Team Roode in a lethal lockdown match.