    Dec 26, 2013

      Thursday, December 26, 2013 Issue #4059

      I hope you all had a nice Christmas and got some cool presents too!

      > WWE OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCES RETURN OF BATISTA ON RAW
      - With the surprise factor gone, WWE has officially announced that Batista
      will be returning to the company on the January 20 edition of Monday Night
      RAW, a week before the Royal Rumble. The return of Batista was spoiled by
      the website of the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, promoting his
      appearance on the website for their February 16 non-televised live event.
      The notice was eventually taken down after WWE sent an updated description
      but by that time, the news was already all over the place. His return was
      addressed with a 45 second video showing clips of Batista with him saying,
      “I’m tired of waiting. I’m back!” You can see the video at
      http://w-o.it/1hC4qoF

      > BATISTA COMMENTS ON WWE RETURN
      - On his official @DaveBautista Twitter account, the former WWE and World
      Heavyweight champion Batista made his first comment after his return to
      the company was announced on Monday Night RAW yesterday. "I can't wait to
      get to the Cheesefest in Hoakietown and punch somebody right In the f'n
      face! Playtime's over children,” Batista wrote. The WWE.COM website has
      already put some of his best matches online in preparation for his return,
      which will be his first appearance on WWE television since May 24, 2010,
      where he quit after the then General Manager Bret Hart ordered him to face
      Randy Orton to qualify for a WWE title shot at the following pay-per-view
      against John Cena. His last match was against John Cena the day before at
      the Over The Limit pay-per-view in an I Quit match, a match which he lost.

      > WWE RESUMES LIVE TOURING
      - WWE Superstars and Divas are back on the road today, with two shows
      every day until December 30 as their Christmas break is over. Today the
      will be shows in Chicago and New York, with a return to Madison Square
      Garden. On Friday it’s Hartford and Indianapolis, then Saturday to Newark
      and Detroit, Sunday is Smackdown tapings in Washington, D.C., and another
      show in Hershey and on Monday it’s live RAW from Richmond and another
      event in Toronto. After Monday, the next live event is January 3, giving
      everyone three additional days off to celebrate the new year with their
      respective families.

      > WWE SHARES HIT 52-WEEK HIGH
      - WWE shares shot up to a 52-week high today, reaching $16.33 at one point
      during the Boxing Day trading. Shares eventually settled at $16.19 a
      piece, which is the highest it has closed for a couple of years, and it
      was an increase of 2.27% over Wednesday’s closing. The company currently
      has a market cap of $1.19 billion.

      > TNA ISSUES STATEMENT ON THE DEPARTURE OF JEFF JARRETT
      - TNA has issued an official statement on the departure of their minority
      owner and Vice President, Jeff Jarrett, one of the two founders of the
      company. "TNA Entertainment, LLC announced today that it has accepted Mr.
      Jeff Jarrett’s resignation from the company effective January 6th, 2014,”
      the statement read. TNA’s President, Dixie Carter, added, “On behalf of
      TNA, we would like to thank Jeff for his contributions to the Company. We
      wish him the very best and look forward to his continued participation as
      an investor in TNA Wrestling.” Meanwhile, several TNA Superstars and
      Knockouts took it to Twitter to wish Jarrett the best and thanking him for
      giving them the opportunity to wrestle for TNA Wrestling. Samoa Joe, Bobby
      Roode, Chris Sabin, Kazarian, Angelina Love, ODB, Velvet Sky, and others
      including TNA staff members Bob Ryder and Jeremy Borash all sent in their
      thank you’s via the social network website.