    Dec 23, 2013

      Monday, December 23, 2013 Issue #4058

      There will be no newsletters tomorrow and on Christmas day (or at least
      that’s the plan) so from everyone here who contributes, I’d like to wish
      you and your families Merry Christmas!

      We will still update the website and the mobile apps in the next two days
      so to keep up-to-date please visit us at Wrestling-Online.com or else
      follow us on one of our social media pages - Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.

      Have a great holiday, and stay safe!

      > JEFF JARRETT RESIGNS FROM TNA WRESTLING
      - Jeff Jarrett announced on his Twitter today that he is gone from TNA
      effective immediately. “On December 22nd, 2013 I officially resigned from
      TNA Entertainment. Thanks to everyone involved for all the fantastic
      memories! #grateful,” Jarrett wrote in a simple tweet announcing his
      departure. Jarrett, along with his father Jerry, founded the company in
      2002 and served as the President until Panda Energy International bought a
      controlling stake in the company. He served as Vice President of the
      company ever since the Carter family took 71% ownership of the company,
      with Dixie Carter taking over the President role. The Jarretts formed TNA
      after WCW was sold to WWE and then put its first pay-per-view in June
      2002. Jeff’s time in TNA had some rocky moments too as a romance with
      Karen Angle, the ex-wife of Kurt Angle, led to Dixie Carter placing Jeff
      on an extended leave of absence to avoid backstage heat with Angle. The
      two eventually got married the next year. While as an active wrestler in
      TNA, Jarrett won the NWA World title six times and won the King of the
      Mountain twice and last wrestled for the company in 2011.

      > AJ STYLES AND TNA RESUME CONTRACT TALKS
      - AJ Styles and TNA Wrestling have restarted negotiations to reach a deal
      which would bring Styles back to the company after he became a free agent
      this past Monday. Styles has already accepted several independent bookings
      as part of his Phenomenal One Tour, taking him all over the place in the
      indy scene with his first date being on December 28. The former TNA champ
      was also set to do a speaking tour in the United Kingdom in the beginning
      of 2014 but it has been postponed to avoid conflict with another similar
      show from Diamond Dallas Page.

      > TNA ISSUES PRESS RELEASE ON MAGNUS WINNING TITLE
      - TNA Wrestling issued a press release today announcing that Magnus became
      the first ever British wrestler to win a World Heavyweight title for a
      major American wrestling organization after over 100 years. “It is truly
      an honour and a privilege to be the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion.
      I'm looking forward to bringing the title belt back to where it all
      started for me. It's something I've always dreamed of doing,” Magnus said
      in the press release. The move is somewhat smart from TNA as the company
      will be touring the United Kingdom at the end of January with 5 live
      events, all TV and PPV tapings. The press release puts over Magnus’ win
      alongside Tour De France, boxing, Wimbledon, and Olympic wins by British
      athletes.

      > BATISTA ADVERTISED FOR WWE SHOWS, AND THEN REMOVED
      - The website for the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas was promoting
      the return of Batista to sell tickets for the non-televised live event on
      February 16, however the graphic and any mention of Batista have been
      removed from the website after WWE sent an updated notice. The website
      listed “See the special return of ‘The Animal’ Batista, LIVE!” on their
      website and the thumbnail for the link of the show had Batista with the
      WWE LIVE logo on it. PWInsider.com is reporting that Batista is expected
      to return possibly at the Royal Rumble as one of the surprise entrants and
      the inclusion of his name to promote the event was not a mistake. Batista
      left WWE in 2010 after he was very vocal about being unhappy with the
      direction the company was going at the time including switching to TVPG.
      Batista has trained for MMA and won his one professional mixed martial
      arts fight and is also doing movies, with the latest one being part of
      Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy which will be released next year.

      > RAW PREVIEW FOR TONIGHT’S TAPED BROADCAST
      - Tonight’s Monday Night RAW will not be live as the show was taped last
      week to give the crew some time off for the holidays. Scheduled for the
      taped broadcast are: a 12-Diva Jingle Bells match; Sin Cara vs Curtis
      Axel; The Wyatt Family vs Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, and Goldust; a
      singing contest between 3MB, Xavier Woods, R-Truth, and the Funkadactyls,
      and The Great Khali and Santino Marella; Dolph Ziggler vs Fandango; Prime
      Time Players vs The Usos; Mark Henry vs Damien Sandow; The Real Americans
      vs Los Matadores; Ryback vs Kofi Kingston; and CM Punk, John Cena, and Big
      E. Langston vs The Shield in the main event.

      > THE ROCK PARTNERS UP WITH HBO
      - Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has confirmed that he has partnered up with
      HBO and Entourage producers for a new show called Ballers. The half-hour
      dramedy will follow the lives of several Miami-based active and retired
      athletes according to Deadline. Mark Wahlberg - who the Rock worked with
      on Pain and Gain - and Stephen Levinson will head up the new series and
      director Peter Berg - who worked with Johnson before - will direct the
      pilot episode. The Rock and his ex-wife and now manager Dany Garcia will
      be the executive producers with Berg and Evan Reilly.

      > ONE LESS MOVIE IN THEATERS FOR THE ROCK IN 2014
      - Dwayne Johnson will have one less movie on screens in 2014 as his
      involvement in the Fast & Furious 7 movie is being pushed for an April
      2015 release following the death of one of the main actors, Paul Walker.
      Johnson wrapped up his filming for Fast 7 a while ago but it’s likely that
      he will be recalled to film additional scenes since the movie is
      undergoing a massive rewrite which now has to tackle the demise of Paul
      Walker’s character Brian O’Connor. The former WWE champion joined
      Universal Studio’s franchise in their fifth installment as Diplomatic
      Security agent Luke Hobbs and then returned for the sixth installment as
      well.