    Oct 27, 2013

      Sunday, October 27, 2013 Issue #4025

      Back home after a quick trip to Manchester to watch my favorite team -
      Manchester United - and UFC. I was disappointed with the UFC show, mind
      you we skipped all the prelims except the last one, but the main card was
      a bit, meh. Certainly not worth the 80 GBP I paid, especially taking in
      consideration that I was sitting in row Q and the last absolute row was R!

      > HELL IN A CELL PAY-PER-VIEW TONIGHT
      - Live from the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, Florida, WWE presents
      Hell In A Cell on pay-per-view. The full card is as follows: Randy Orton
      vs Daniel Bryan for the vacant WWE title in a Hell In A Cell match;
      Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena for the World Heavyweight title; CM Punk vs
      Ryback and Paul Heyman in a handicap match inside Hell In A Cell; Goldust
      and Cody Rhodes vs Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs The Usos for the Tag
      Team titles; AJ Lee vs Brie Bella for the Divas title; and Los Matadores
      vs The Real Americans.

      > SCHEDULED HIAC KICKOFF MATCH CANCELED
      - The Intercontinental title match between Curtis Axel and Big E. Langston
      has been taken off the Hell In A Cell card after Axel suffered an injury.
      There has been no replacement match announced so far as that particular
      match was scheduled to be the Kickoff match which streams online starting
      at 7:30PM EST. The injury was announced on the WWE Twitter account and
      said to keep tuning in to WWE.COM for further updates.

      > SUPER CENA RETURNS TONIGHT
      - Just in case you have been living under a big rock, former WWE champion
      John Cena is returning tonight for the first time since the day after
      SummerSlam and is jumping straight into a World Heavyweight title match
      against Alberto Del Rio. John Cena wrestled his last match against Daniel
      Bryan, losing the WWE title at SummerSlam, and then had his ³farewell²
      address on RAW the next night. Cena had to be out for four to six months
      due to elbow surgery but in typical super Cena fashion, he was declared
      fit to return in just two months. A lot were wondering if he would be
      going away for another month or so after this match tonight however all
      indications are that Cena is back full time with the company and will be
      appearing at all events he was advertised for starting from tomorrow.

      > HULK HOGAN POSES WITH WWE TITLE
      - To mess with the Internet wrestling fans even more, WWE Hall of Famer
      Hulk Hogan posted a photo on his Facebook from his Hogan¹s Beach Shop
      posing with the WWE title striking a thinking pose. ³Thinkin, thinkin,
      thinkin,² wrote Hogan as a caption to accompany the photo. It has proved
      to be a rather popular post with 3,478 likes, 313 comments and 156
      comments at time of this writing. Hogan is out of TNA contract and last
      week referred to his time away as ³the calm before the storm.² You can see
      the photo Hogan posted at http://w-o.it/1c9UJL0

      > FORMER NFL PLAYER WITH TRYOUT AT PERFORMANCE CENTER
      - Former NFL player Shawne Merriman - who played for the San Diego
      Chargers and the Buffalo Bills - is training at the WWE Performance Center
      according to FoxSports.com's Yardbarker website. Merriman started this
      week for his tryout and even posted a photo of his Facebook all bruised up
      from just running the ropes. The 29 year old retired from the NFL earlier
      this year after Achilles injuries kept him off the field. The man who is
      also known by the nickname "Lights Out" has already appeared on WWE
      television before as in 2008 he was sitting ringside for the One Night
      Stand pay-per-view and clocked Chavo Guerrero with a singapore cane.
      Merriman has not been offered a contract yet.

      > TNA ANNOUNCES 4 TV TAPINGS FOR UPCOMING UK TOUR
      - TNA has announced that all four events which will be part of the 2014 UK
      tour will be taped for television. The Thursday, January 30 show in
      Glasgow will be an Impact taping airing on tape delay later in the day on
      Spike TV. That event will take place at the SSE Hydro. On Friday, January
      31, TNA will tape a One Night Only pay-per-view event at the Manchester
      Phones 4u Arena titled British Empire Cup. On Saturday, February 1, the
      company will go to London at the Wembley Arena for another Impact
      television taping. And the last night of the tour will be at the NIA in
      Birmingham on Sunday, February 2 for another One Night Only pay-per-view
      titled Joker¹s Wild 2. ³Along with the TNA IMPACT WRESTLING superstars and
      staff, I am ecstatic to again experience the unparalleled passion and
      energy of our fans in the UK,² said TNA President Dixie Carter. ³As TNA
      continues global expansion and IMPACT WRESTLING ratings on Challenge TV
      continue to skyrocket, for the first time in our company¹s history we have
      the pleasure of showcasing the incredible UK fans to the rest of the world
      through FOUR individual broadcast events planned during the MAXIMUM IMPACT
      VI tour.²