    Oct 25, 2013

      Friday, October 25, 2013 Issue #4024

      Not much going on today. Arrived in Manchester a couple of hours ago for
      tomorrow's UFC event here. Hopefully the show will deliver because the
      price was a total ripoff!

      > THE ROCK LANDS NEW TNT SERIES
      - Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will lead another series on TNT although it
      won’t be a second season of The Hero, but rather a new series which has a
      working title of Wake Up Call. In this series, Johnson will be lending a
      helping hand to everyday people who are facing enormous challenges in
      their lives. TNT ordered eight episodes of the Wake Up Call which is being
      produced by Electus, 5x5 Media and 7 Bucks Entertainment. Several big
      names from The Biggest Loser, Survivor, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,
      The Amazing Race, and other shows will be serving as executive producers.
      "We had a wonderful time working with Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson on The
      Hero, in which he challenged and mentored a group of everyday heroes,"
      said David Eilenberg, senior vice president, unscripted development for
      TNT and TBS. "Wake Up Call evolved from our experience on The Hero and is
      its natural successor, bringing the human spirit of that show home to take
      on everyday challenges. In this new series, Dwayne will bring his mission
      of empowerment and change right to people's front doors."

      > MR. ANDERSON RETURNS TO TNA
      - Mr. Anderson made his return to TNA Wrestling yesterday during the live
      Impact tapings, a month and a half after he was laid out by Bully Ray at
      the end of their last man standing match at the No Surrender-themed
      Impact. Anderson’s contract with TNA expired in the meantime which is why
      they had to write him out of story lines but later Anderson confirmed in
      an interview that he would be back as both parties were negotiating a new
      contract. Mr. Anderson returned to save AJ Styles fro getting power bombed
      through a table, attacking Bully Ray, but then Dixie Carter had him
      arrested.

      > ARE ERIC BISCHOFF'S TNA DAYS COMING TO AN END?
      - PWInsider.com is reporting that Eric Bischoff was not at the Bound For
      Glory pay-per-view and did not attend the Impact tapings yesterday, with
      staff being informed that Bischoff would be “working from home” for TNA.
      With Hogan out of the picture, this could very well be the beginning of
      the end as well for Bischoff, who came with Hogan to TNA as a package.
      Bischoff serves as an executive producer for TNA and helped with the
      booking as well as the overall look of the show when it comes to filming.
      It will be interesting to see if Hogan jumps to WWE whether Bischoff will
      tag along for the ride as well.

      > WWE DECLARES QUARTERLY DIVIDEND
      - WWE stocks kept performing good during trading day today, reaching
      another 52-week high of 11.94 and closing just a few points down at 11.91.
      The good run might end on October 31 when the company will announce the
      third quarter earnings results and with WWE already lowering their rest of
      2013 outlook, the numbers might be scary on Halloween. In related
      financial news, the WWE Board of Directors today declared the regular
      quarterly dividend of $0.12 per share for all Class A and B shares of
      common stock. The record date for the dividend will be December 13, 2013,
      and the payment date will be December 26, 2013.