(4150)
  • Colin Vassallo
    Oct 10, 2013 Expand Messages

      Thursday, October 10, 2013 Issue #4016

      Not much going on todayŠ.back in the weekend!

      > JOHN CENA TWERKS FOR CAPRI SUN COMMERCIAL
      - Seems like everyone is picking on Miley Cyrus nowadays because after
      Hogan spoofed her riding the wrecking ball for a commercial for his new
      web hosting service, John Cena has been twerking for a completely
      different commercial. Appearing on HLN, John Cena showed his commercial
      for Capri Sun, doing wicked dance moves including twerking at the end.
      Cena - wearing his Susan G. Komen gear - was all smiles and said that,
      "It's all in the name of good refreshment." The commercial is for a
      competition that puts kids who drink Capri Sun compete against athletes
      and whoever wins has to do a victory dance, and Cena said that what we all
      saw was his own victory dance. The host, A.J. Hammer, asked if there will
      be any twerking in the ring anytime soon and Cena said after seeing that
      Hogan commercial, "never say never!" "Please, not in a thong," said the
      host! You can see the clip at http://w-o.it/17WBFzE

      > MICHAEL HAYES SUSPENDED OVER LAPSE OF JUDGMENT
      - WWE creative team writer Michael Hayes will be out for a few weeks "for
      personal reasons" according to PWInsider.com who broke the story
      yesterday. Court Bauer, a former WWE creative team member himself, said on
      his podcast that Hayes was spotted sharing a drink with Rosa Mendes, a big
      no no since Mendes was recently sent home for having alcohol issues
      herself. Bauer said that once Vince McMahon got hold of the situation, the
      decision was taken to suspend the former Freebird over his lapse of
      judgment. Hayes had his own fair share of problems with alcohol in the
      past, most notably the infamous plane ride from Europe (or hell, as it is
      often referred to) several years ago and making a scene at the wedding of
      Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.

      > STEPHANIE MCMAHON PARTICIPATES IN SPECIAL OLYMPICS EVENT IN STAMFORD
      - Stephanie McMahon is serving as honorary team chairwoman for the 2014
      Special Olympics Connecticut and participated in an event for the
      organization which was held at the Chelsea Piers in Stamford on Tuesday.
      "I look out at this courageous group of athletes and I know that you will
      make us all proud at the Special Olympics next June," McMahon told the
      competitors during her speech. WWE is one of the sponsors for the special
      Olympics and the company will be in charge of the television production
      next year while WWE Superstars and Divas will be volunteering at several
      events leading up to the Olympics. The announcement of WWE's involvement
      with the Special Olympics was announced at WrestleMania this year.

      > WWE SUPERSTARS IN ABU DHABI FOR 3 DAY TOUR
      - The WWE Superstars and crew are currently in Abu Dhabi in the United
      Arab Emirates for a three day tour which will include three live event
      shows. All three shows are being held at the Zayed Sports City
      International Tennis Complex, which has been the home of WWE ever since
      they started going over there. The RAW brand - if such a thing exists
      anymore - is doing the tour with Orton, Ziggler, Show, Ryback, and other
      top names on the cards which explains why this Friday's Smackdown was
      taped without any of the main eventers except for Alberto Del Rio.

      > RAW RATING
      - Monday Night RAW with the fallout from the Battleground pay-per-view
      drew a 2.7 rating with an average of 3,706,000 viewers, up 119,000 viewers
      from the previous week. Hour one did 3,694,000 viewers, hour two followed
      with 3,379,000, and hour three did 3,685,000. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen
      Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)