    Jan 2, 2011

      Sunday, January 2 2011 Issue #3420

      Download app for Android at the Android Market

      Happy new year everyone! Now that the festivities are over it's all back to
      business and back to work. Boo hoo.

      Okay for all those who have the W-O News iPhone/iPod Touch app....what
      feature(s) would you like to see added? Apart from the mark-all-as-read
      button...which is already marked down. Let me know, we're starting to work
      on version 1.2 this month.

      > HARDY'S PLEA BARGAIN WILL CARRY A SENTENCING AGREEMENT
      - The Southern Pines Pilot newspaper is carrying an article regarding
      current TNA champion Jeff Hardy's negotiated plea bargain which will be
      presented in court on January 20. "We anticipate a resolution of this matter
      in January," said a statement from Hardy's attorney James Van Camp. The
      District Attorney told The Pilot that the guilty plea to "one or more of the
      drug charges" carry a sentencing agreement which is a mandatory jail
      sentance although it remains to be seen what kind of punishment Hardy will
      receive. The presiding Judge may refuse the agreement between the two
      parties if he feels necessary which would spell trouble for the champ.

      > HOGAN'S MOTHER PASSES AWAY
      - Hulk Hogan announced on his Twitter that his mother Ruth passed away at
      the age of 88, certainly not a nice way to start the new year. "Its been a
      tough day," Hogan wrote. "My mom passed today. She was my biggest fan," the
      Hall of Famer added. His mother had a couple of appearances on the Hogan
      Knows Best reality TV show on VH1 but pretty much was an unknown despite
      having the most famous professional wrestler as a son.

      > AGAINST ALL ODDS PAY-PER-VIEW POSTER
      - The poster for the Against All Odds TNA February pay-per-view has been
      released and features an up close photo of the face of Jeff Hardy. The tag
      line at the top of the poster reads, "Is immortal truly forever?" Hardy is
      supposed to be sentenced on January 20 and it remains to be seen if he would
      still be the TNA champion by that time. You can see the poster at
      http://w-o.it/hBIMU4

      > ALTERNATE WAY FOR UK FANS TO WATCH iMPACT!
      - While digital satellite broadcaster Sky figures out where to put TNA's
      iMPACT! following the death of the Bravo channel, TNA is hooking up fans in
      the United Kingdom with another way to watch the show till the mess is
      sorted out. If you live in the UK you can visit the TNAondemand.com website,
      click on the launch button and hit the "IMPACT - UK" link found at the left
      bottom. iMPACT! will be streamed free but if you are not on a UK IP address
      this will not work as it's geo-targeted due to licensing issues.

      > WWE LIVE EVENTS SCHEDULE BACK TO NORMAL
      - With the holidays now over, the WWE crew is back on their usual schedule
      with a show on Monday, one on Tuesday, one on Friday and two on Saturday and
      Sunday. To give the Superstars and Divas some time to spend the Christmas
      and New Year's with their families the company ran shows during the week to
      make up for the off weekends over the past two weeks. This week WWE will
      visit Phoenix for RAW, Tucson for Smackdown and NXT tapings and then five
      live events over the weekend, in Augusta, Lexington, Montgomery, Memphis and
      Knoxville.