    Jun 1, 2010

      Tuesday, June 1 2010 Issue #3293

      Download app for iPhone http://bit.ly/biG1zA
      Download app for Blackberry http://bit.ly/wobbapp

      Glad that they pushed some young talent on RAW yesterday. It's unfortunate
      though that the roster has to be hit by injuries for younger stars to be
      somewhat elevated.

      I know that Yahoo! is once again forwarding the newsletter twice. My last
      communication with them was at the end of last week where they said they're
      still trying to figure the issue out.

      > NXT WINNER CROWNED TONIGHT
      - The "season finale" of NXT will be airing tonight on SyFy with David
      Otunga, Wade Barrett and Justin Gabriel fighting for a contract and a chance
      for a title shot on an upcoming pay-per-view. NXT made its TV debut in
      February of this year with no one knowing what to expect with Vince McMahon
      calling the concept "the next evolution of television history." Eight
      rookies kicked off the show - all of whom are signed to a developmental deal
      - and eight WWE Superstars mentoring them. R-Truth, Matt Hardy and Chris
      Jericho are the WWE Pros who are mentoring the remaining contestants.

      > VIEWER'S CHOICE NIGHT ON RAW NEXT WEEK
      - Next week's three hour Monday Night RAW will be a "Viewer's Choice Night"
      as fans - supposedly - will be able to determine what matches and
      stipulations will be airing on the show. This is obviously similar to the
      canned Cyber Sunday pay-per-view concept where WWE usually let fans
      determine what kind of matches or opponent with the only difference being
      that they had a couple of weeks to determine what goes on rather than doing
      it live and on the fly. Superstars from both RAW and Smackdown will be on
      the show next week which will be hosted by three of the four A-Team cast
      members including UFC fighter Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

      > MICHAEL COLE BOOED OUT OF THE BUILDING PRIOR TO RAW
      - RAW play-by-play announcer Michael Cole got some decent heat yesterday as
      he was introduced prior to the show when cameras were not rolling. Jim Ross
      reports in his latest blog that the backstage folks decided to play a joke
      on Cole who came down walking to the "Boomer Sooner" theme, the Oklahoma
      fight song. RAW yesterday was held in Austin, TX., the home of Oklahoma's
      long time rivals, the Texas Longhorns. "I'm told he was booed out of the
      arena," wrote Ross. Cole was not aware of what was in store for him although
      he doesn't need any kind of particular theme to get booed in arenas across
      the nation!

      > PREVIEW FOR WWE HEROES COMIC BOOK #6
      - We have received a preview and the cover artwork for the WWE Heroes comic
      #6 which will go on sale on August 24. The synopsis for the issue reads,
      "The ageless war between Light and Dark has finally burst forth from the
      shadows! Triple H has returned from the dead to take the fight to his
      brother - the Shadow King - and all hell will follow! Blood will flow and
      not everyone will walk away from this bout. See who wins and who loses in
      the ultimate WWE clash of the titans!" The main cover is designed by Andy
      Smith while Mike Mayhew did the alternate cover. Story is by Keith Champagne
      and all artwork inside is done by Andy Smith. You can check out the artwork
      at http://bit.ly/c5QyXm

      > AUSTIN'S NEW MOVIE OUT ON DVD AND BLU-RAY
      - Stone Cold Steve Austin's latest movie, "The Stranger," was released on
      DVD and Blu-Ray today. The movie is about a man with no name and no memory
      who is hunted by both the FBI and the Russian mob. Erica Cerra and Adam
      Beach star along the WWE Hall of Famer in this straight-to-home video movie.
      Amazon.com is selling the DVD version for $19.99 and the Blu-Ray version for
      $26.49.