    Mar 1, 2009

      __ _____ ___ ___ _____ _ ___ _ _ ___

      Sunday March 1, 2009 Issue #2956

      Not much going on this weekend. Back tomorrow.

      www.HeyNiceTshirt.com - Changing the world one T-shirt at a time!

      > "SALES PITCH" VIDEO FOR WRESTLEMANIA 26
      - Global Spectrum, the company behind the negotiations that landed
      WrestleMania 26 at the University of Phoenix Stadium, did a great - and
      funny - marketing video as a "sales pitch" for WWE to bring the biggest show
      of the year to their city. Glendale Mayor Elaine Scruggs, Phoenix Coyotes
      Coach Wayne Gretzky, Arizona Cardinals Coach Ken Whisenhunt and Cardinals
      player Deuce Lutui all had their say in the video which was hosted by
      "special correspondent" Glen Dale. Get it? This is a 10 minute video showing
      the best of Glendale and fans commenting on why WWE should come to town. You
      can watch it at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/WM26_sales_pitch.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7054]

      > TNA ULTIMATE FAN XPERIENCE TRAVEL PACKAGES ANNOUNCED
      - TNA has announced the Ultimate Fan Xperience travel package for their
      Lockdown pay-per-view which will take place at the Liacouras Center in
      Philadelphia, PA. The fan event will be held on Saturday, April 18th at The
      Electric Factory in downtown Philly and packages include 1 ticket to the
      PPV, 3 night stay at a hotel, 1 ticket to the fan InterAction event, 1
      Lockdown t-shirt, 1 copy of the Jeff Jarrett DVD which will be hand
      delivered by Jarrett himself, Sunday morning brunch at the hotel with TNA
      Superstars and 8x10 TNA official photos of every TNA star. A Platinum single
      package costs $799 while prices go down depending on amount of occupancy per
      group. There are also the cheaper Gold and Silver packages similar to what
      WWE do for their WrestleMania event. For more information you can go to
      http://shoptna.com/xperience.aspx
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > THE ROCK TO HOST SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
      - Former WWE champion Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson returns to host NBC's
      popular 'Saturday Night Live' on March 7. This will be his third time
      hosting the show and made a big impact when he hosted the first time in
      2000. That show had also appearances by Triple H, The Big Show, and Mick
      Foley and was one of the highest rated SNL shows that year. Johnson often
      credits his hosting gig that paved the way for him to go Hollywood. His new
      movie, 'Race to Witch Mountain,' opens on March 13.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > IRAN SHOWS NO LOVE FOR 'THE WRESTLER', DEMANDS APOLOGY
      - The country of Iran didn't like Mickey Rourke and 'The Wrestler'.
      According to the Associated Press, an adviser to Iran's President today
      demanded an apology from a team of visiting Hollywood actors and officials
      for movies including 'The Wrestler' which are "insulting" to the people of
      Iran. If there is no apology there will be no meetings with the members of
      Iran's film industry said Javad Shamaqdari, the art and cinema adviser to
      President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. "In my viewpoint, it is a failure to have an
      official meeting with one who is insulting." In the movie 'The Wrestler',
      Rourke's rival "The Ayatollah" - played by Earnest Miller - tries to choke
      Rourke out with the Iranian flag. Rourke later gets the flag, breaks the
      pole in half and throws it into the crowd.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6803]

      www.HeyNiceTshirt.com - Changing the world one T-shirt at a time!

      (C) Copyright 1996-2009 Wrestling-Online.com