    Dec 1, 2008

      __ _____ ___ ___ _____ _ ___ _ _ ___

      Monday December 1st 2008 Issue #2890

      A new day, a new week, a new month and a new issue! This week will announce
      the details of our new mega promotion. It's gonna be worth the wait.

      > TNA GENESIS PPV POSTER WITH MICK FOLEY
      - We have received the new poster for the TNA January pay-per-view Genesis.
      The poster features an up close picture of former WWE Heavyweight champion
      Mick Foley with red eyes doing his trademark 'Bang Bang' pose. The preview
      gives away the fact that Foley will be making his wrestling debut with TNA
      at the PPV. "Some call him a hardcore legend, a daredevil.a risk-taker. He
      is Mick Foley. He crossed the line and came to TNA to challenge some of the
      greatest athletes and legends. Now he's ready to make history inside the
      six-sided ring. A new year is upon us. A Genesis is unfolding." You can see
      the poster at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/TNA/Genesis_09_poster.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > WWE SUPERSTARS, DIVAS OFF TO IRAQ TONIGHT
      - A select number of WWE Superstars and crew will be leaving the United
      States tonight after RAW for a trip to Iraq to tape the Tribute to the
      Troops Christmas special that will air on NBC. The Superstars and Divas will
      be touring the forward operating bases and meeting the troops. This is the
      sixth year that WWE has gone in a war zone to entertain the troops and the
      production is the biggest one for any entertainment company that has gone to
      Iraq or Afghanistan.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6909]

      > LONG TIME EMPLOYEE BRUCE PRICHARD RELEASED
      - PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE producer Bruce Prichard has been
      released from the company. Prichard is probably best known as the individual
      who performed the Brother Love gimmick. He started with the company in 1988
      and stayed there till 1991 when he was released but brought back in 1993 and
      has remained with WWE ever since. While his on screen appearances since his
      second run have been very limited, Prichard was one of the main guys
      backstage in the company producing vignettes and even writing.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6915]

      > WWE KEYWORD SECOND MOST SEARCHED ON YAHOO!
      - WWE was the second most searched keyword for 2008 according to Yahoo with
      Britney Spears coming in the first place. The WWE keyword even beat out
      President-elect Barack Obama, who came in third. "WWE produced more events,
      video games, and movies to make up for fewer paying fans, and faithfuls kept
      track online to maintain its Top 2 status," read the Yahoo! Buzz review of
      the company.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      > WM XXIV BRINGS IN $51 MILLION FOR CENTRAL FLORIDA
      - The Orlando Sentinel newspaper is carrying a story about WrestleMania XXIV
      and the effect it left on the economy. Held at the Citrus Bowl earlier this
      year, WrestleMania generated over $51 million for Central Florida according
      to a study performed by Enigma Research Corp. of Toronto. About 3/4 of the
      fans who came to watch the event came from beyond Central Florida and stayed
      for an average of 3.8 nights. The show also generated $1.8 million in local
      tax revenue.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7]

      (C) Copyright 1996-2008 Wrestling-Online.com