    Aug 1, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Wednesday August 1st 2007 Issue #2527

      Wow July's gone too. Time flies. We recently added six games to our game
      site at http://www.Playflashonline.com . So if you have some time to kill
      and feel like playing cool games, head over to the site.

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Download the Wrestling-Online browser toolbar
      available for both FireFox and Internet Explorer
      Get all the latest news in real time!
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/interactive

      > RAW RECEIVES LOWEST NUMBER SINCE OCTOBER 1997
      - This week's Monday Night RAW rating spells big trouble for the company as
      the show received only a 2.5 rating, which has to be considered a complete
      disaster for a non-holiday airing. That number translates to just three and
      a half million viewers, which is less than what they did on Christmas Day
      last year. This number is the lowest they did on a non holiday since almost
      ten years ago, on October 27th 1997 show which did a 2.2. Vince McMahon is
      probably getting CPR as you are reading this. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen
      Media Research and this week credit goes to F4WOnline.com for the number.)
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4950]

      > JEFF HARDY SENT HOME FROM RAW
      - Former Intercontinental and Tag Tam title holder Jeff Hardy was sent home
      on Monday from RAW according to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer.
      Hardy was getting a decent push lately and his immense popularity with the
      fans was helping his cause to move up the ladder. Although no information
      was released as to why Hardy was sent home, this wasn't the first time that
      it happened. Before he returned to the company - and he's been on his best
      behavior since then - he was known for arriving late at live events and
      television tapings which eventually, combined with other personal problems,
      led to his release from the company.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4951]

      > SURGERY FOR LASHLEY TO DETERMINE EXTENT OF INJURY
      - Bobby Lashley, suffering from a torn rotator cuff, will be undergoing a
      small surgery next week under the care of Dr James Andrews in Birmingham,
      AL., to determine the extent of the injury in his shoulder. Dr Ferdinand
      Rios, WWE's physician, told WWE.COM that this will require a small incision
      for insertion of the scope at which point they will know how to proceed. "If
      it's just cartilage or something that can be repaired easily, they will do
      so. If it is a complete rotator cuff, then they'll probably have to open
      Lashley's shoulder up and repair it," he said. If they need to go for the
      second surgery, Lashley will be out for as much as six months.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4940]

      > SEASON PREMIERE OF SMACKDOWN! TO FEATURE LONG/KRISTAL WEDDING
      - Another wedding is coming to WWE Smackdown! this time for General Manager
      Teddy Long and Kristal. The televised ceremony will be airing on the
      September 21st edition of the show which also happens to be labeled as the
      season premiere of Smackdown! on The CW Network. The last wedding on
      Smackdown! was between Al Wilson and Dawn Marie back in the beginning of
      2003. This will be the third wedding to be airing on Smackdown!, with the
      other one being the Chuck and Billy gay wedding which turned out to be a
      huge angle involving Eric Bischoff and 3 Minute Warning. RAW has been the
      home of five other weddings in the past believe it or not!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4952]

      //->> THE VERTEBREAKER
      By George Brazzel -[v-man@...]-

      What's going on with Jeff Hardy? One minute he's getting an awesome push,
      and the next he's not even on the show. Now, rumors are running rampant
      about if he's in some kind of hot water with WWE... again. It'd be a shame
      if he has let his immaturity interfere with his career yet again.

      Aside from that, can the WWE afford to lose Jeff Hardy right now? Triple H
      is coming back- thank Christ. We are doing without the Undertaker, Edge, and
      now Lashley; among others. Edge especially, I dig him. Here's a guy that can
      ride that fine line between heel and face with no problem at all.

      For those of you kind enough to point this out; I did, in fact, call for WWE
      to give Hornswoggle the Cruiser-weight title in a couple of my previous
      columns. It's cute, I suppose, but it solidifies the point that that title
      is a joke. Maybe now, Victoria will win it. Hey, she could hold her own
      against the cruiser-weights. Some people want this title moved to ECW. It's
      not a bad idea. We're forced to watch the same wrestlers every Tuesday night
      as it is. Though, I know I'm not the only one that was screaming like a
      schoolgirl at a Backstreet Boy concert when Stevie Richards beat Kevin
      Thorn. That being said, I say move the cruiser-weight title to ECW, and
      create a women's title for Smackdown. Then, maybe at WrestleMania or
      something, we could have a variety of champion versus champion matches. It
      might create a more bitter rivalry between the shows, and make things
      interesting.

      Raw's women's division is really turning into something worth watching.
      Though I feel Mickie is getting somewhat lost in the shuffle, the ladies
      have obviously been training hard. It shows. I still say WWE missed the boat
      with Trinity. I also don't care for the current direction of Extreme Expose.
      Brooke wants to wrestle, so let her. I still say the ladies of the WWE could
      have their own show, even if it's only a web cast. If WWE Creative needs
      help with developing the story lines, I am available.

      I'd just like to say that I'm still not the biggest fan of WWE.com's POWER
      25. Maybe someone should put together their own every week. How about it,
      Colin?

      That you Lord for guys like Barry Bonds and Michael Vick. Why, you ask?
      Because they're examples that a variety of athletes in the limelight have
      serious issues, not just wrestlers. Now that the media has all but forgot
      about the Benoit murders... oh, my bad, the murder/suicide.

      Am I the only one left that thinks something's just not right here? First
      off, this D.A. Ballard seems like an inbred idiot that doesn't have the
      intelligence to investigate where his own farts come from. We've seen or
      heard of no real evidence to support or dismiss his theories.

      Put this in the tub with you, and see if it makes bubbles:

      What if Chris Benoit was actually an informant in an ongoing investigation,
      one that would take down a lot of financially sound people- including Vince
      McMahon. How far would someone go to protect their nest egg of hundreds of
      millions of dollars? Benoit told his doctor that the shit was about to hit
      the fan; and as a friend, protect yourself. This was the last time Chris
      Benoit was seen outside his home. Maybe the doc made a phone call. Someone
      else met him at home, they got wasted, Chris was incoherent, other unknowns
      used his computer and cell phones for the text messages to cover their
      tracks- guess you se where I'm going. It's very Oliver Stone, I know, but
      keep an open mind.

      Random Thoughts: If Pacman Jones isn't going to wrestle in TNA, what the
      hell is he going to do? I guess any press is good press. Anyone else out
      there a fan of Shark Week? It's awesome. I don't have much to ramble about
      right now. I've got a house full of people, I'm in between jobs, and I've
      got about 18 boxes of cereal. Guess I'll go have a Mojito, and watch more
      Shark Week.

      Don't forget to check my blog every so often at
      http://v-man-blog.blogspot.com , and for those MySpace addicts, I'm at
      www.myspace.com/geovinbra. Live long and prosper, you pointy eared bastards.