    Oct 1, 2006

      Sunday October 1st 2006 Issue #2327

      It's been a fairly slow weekend which is why this was absent for two days.
      If you're going to any of the live events, please drop us match results and
      any other interesting stuff. Thanks.

      Buy the Vince McMahon 'McMahon' DVD now!

      - Justin Credible, real name Peter Polaco, has been released from his WWE
      contract effective immediately and is no longer part of the ECW brand.
      Credible was one of the ECW 'originals' but was never used on television
      much. He was also taken off live events lately and got the news yesterday
      that he was being fired.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3635]

      - Recent reports online suggested that John 'Bradshaw' Layfield was quitting
      World Wrestling Entertainment which led to a story on WWE.COM with JBL
      shooting down the rumors. While part of the story was true according JBL, he
      only wanted to stop doing commentary for Smackdown! because he was "close"
      to something he loved doing but couldn't do anymore - wrestle. JBL said that
      only a handful of people knew about his position so the leak must've come
      from someone amongst those individuals. "The guy who did that is a total
      piece of s*** and should be fired," JBL said. To read the story go to
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3642]

      - There will be a 'Pick Your Poison' match on Smackdown! next week as Bobby
      Lashley and Booker T will battle their own friends after they picked each
      others' opponents. Lashley will be going one on one against former World
      champion Batista while King Booker will have to face Fit Finlay.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3647]

      - Tomorrow at Noon, Smackdown! Superstars King Booker, Queen Sharmell,
      Batista, Bobby Lashley, Chavo Guerrero, Mr. Kennedy, Gregory Helms and Matt
      Hardy will be at the No Mercy press conference at the RBC Center. The
      conference will be open to the public on a first come first served basis at
      the Arena Club Restaurant. It will also be broadcast live on WWE.COM. No
      Mercy takes place this coming Sunday on pay-per-view. Tickets are still
      available at Ticketmaster.com.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3646]

      By George Brazzel -[v-man@...]-

      I received my first really negative e-mail the other day about Randy Savage.
      I made a comment a while back about wanting him to make some kind of return
      to WWE TV. Boy, did I get blasted by this one guy, which was pretty cool.
      I've always liked confrontation. Anyway, I stand by my views about the Macho
      Man, and I'd love to see his "Slim Jim" snapping ass back in the ring; or,
      atleast, on tv in some way, shape, or form. Ooooooooh yeeeeaaaahh!

      More Comings And Goings In WWE: Latest on the chopping block was Justin
      Credible. I like Credible. When used properly, he can dominate an extreme
      main event. As of late, however, he has suffered the same fate as many ECW
      "originals", and has been jobbed down to Marc Mero status. It's really a
      shame. That being said, you got to show up to work, and being on time helps.
      Basically, no matter how bad the story line or push (or lack of), working
      for WWE is as good as it gets ( as far as wrestling exposure). If you don't
      due your part, you've got no one to blame but yourself. Next stop- TNA? He
      can follow Kid Kash, who was also fired recently. And does WWE truly wish
      all of these realeased superstars "the best in all future endeavors"? Sounds
      kindf like giving a starving child a plastic fork and a paper plate, but
      with no food on it.

      ECW: This past week, the show was too bad. Did you see the gash on the back
      of Hardcore Holly? And he still gutted it out, and finished the match.
      Someone please; get a video copy of this match and forward it to Terrell
      Owens. Holly is a man, not unlike Kurt Angle. Whatever Holly's getting paid,
      someone double it. I was somewhat disappointed in the all-to-brief match
      between Ariel and Francine. Maybe, this will lead to a mixed tag match with
      Thorn and Ariel against Balls and Francine. I was also pulling for the
      Sandman, but who didn't see that ending coming? Overall, ECW is slowly
      becoming a better product. I do like it better than Smackdown, but that's
      just me.

      HHH and the Title: I made the comment that HHH will propably go after Cena's
      title soon. Maybe I'm reading too much into the "look" that HHH gave Cena
      when he was holding up they cleared the ring of Edge, Murdoch and Cade. I
      don't think so. My opinion is, tee hee, is that the Game will turn on Cena,
      and challenge him for the title. Maybe, this will lead HBK to go a different
      direction; say... a Rockers reunion with Marty Janetty. With HBK's religious
      constraints (I say this because of his reluctance on many DX promos), the
      Rockers would be a nice angle for a couple months. Maybe, Michaels will be
      put in an on-air situation where he has to make a choice between Hunter and
      Janetty. It could be fun. As much as we all complain, who doesn't want to
      see HHH make another title run? He's at his best as the Game. Maybe, this
      will start to play out next week; as Edge goes for the title. Could we see
      some interference from the "rednecks", followed by a DX run-in for the save,
      capped off with a HHH double-cross on Cena. That would rock.

      The Rock, and Other WWE Films: The Rock is planning to stop using the name
      "the Rock". He's a pretty good actor. Appearantly, his movie "Gridiron Gang"
      is doing fairly well. I have not seen it, but plan to as soon as it hits
      DVD. It looks like a decent flick, but just didn't appeal to my inner child
      the way "See No Evil" did. That being said, however, my 13 year old daughter
      has informed me that I will, infact, be seeing "The Marine" in the theatre
      come October 13th. The previews look good. I'm still waiting for Trish to
      make a new film called, " 30 Degrees Outside In My Tight Wet White Baby
      Tee". It would surely be a classic.

      Women's Title Touney: What the hell? Candice got "Montreal'd" by Lita and
      Edge. God, I hope the rest of the matches aren't as asklew as this one. The
      Women's Division finally has started to have credibility (thanks Trish), so
      let's not blow it now, WWE. Which reminds me, how come we don't know which
      divas are actually involved in this tournament yet? I mean, this is
      basically a "King of the Ring" format. Let's see the brackets, and show this
      as an actual event, and not just "filler". These women are better than that.

      Eric Bischoff: If his book is as true to life as he's claiming, I want to
      read it. This guy plays dirty, and admits it. I admire that. I'm not a big
      reader. Frankly, it puts me to sleep faster than the thought of having sex
      with the wife. This book may change my opinion. I haven't been this
      interested in a book since Foley's "Have A Nice Day".

      Random Thoughts:

      Backstage camera + Maria = funny as all hell. The time with HHH offering her
      a "visual aide", and Eugene passing out; it just adds to her legacy as a
      great backstage interviewer. In the tradition of Mean Gene, but with a
      twist. WWE Hall Of Fame, get ready. Matt Striker cost the Sandman another
      match. He's coming into his own, and that's cool. Speaking of which, I still
      say Carlito's finisher, the Backcracker, is cool. Of course, so is his hair.
      Is it just me, or has Chris Masters just plain sucked since his return to
      the ring? How long will Nitro have the IC Title? I'll admit, he's showing
      more in-ring skill; but I've never cared for the way the WWE uses the
      Intercontinental Title to try to legitimize wrestlers. Winning matches
      should do that. It just deminishes the title's credibility. This may sound
      bad, but at TNA Bound For Glory, I'd love to see Angle turn on Sting after
      he wins the title. After that, he can cost Sting the title against Samoa
      Joe. I'm not sure if Sting can hang with Angle in the ring. Does anyone
      watch heat on WWE.COM? I've never ordered a TNA pay-per-view, but I'm sort
      of wishing I'd seen the Ultimate X Tag Title Match. With a little more
      creativity, TNA could really give WWE a run for their money. Impact is
      already as good as Smackdown, in my opinion, and doesn't even last as long;
      which may be part of it.

      As a personal favor, I'm anxious to know something: who's the best announce
      team in wrestling- past or present? Feel free to e-mail me, and share your
      thoughts. I'm personally torn between Jim Ross and the King, and Gorilla
      Monsoon and Bobby "the Brain" Heenan. I guess if I had to choose, I'd say
      Monsoon and Heenan.

      Will Lashley dethrown King Booker? It'd be nice, but I doubt it. Unless we
      get a run-in by Batista, I guess. I don't really like Konnan, never have. I
      don't have a good reason for it, he just rubs me the wrong way. Let's bring
      back LaParka. The Chairman was cool. I think Funaki should be the special
      referee for the diva tournament. WWE should bring back the "masked
      wrestler". We got Rey..... uh, okay. How about a big dude with a mask-
      remember the Big Red Machine, when he was actually the Big Red Machine? How
      come chicks never wear masks to wrestle? No, that thing Jillian wore to
      cover that vagina she had on her face was not a mask. I've had some
      questions about when Benoit plans to come back, if ever. Smackdown could use
      him about now. I say someone should give Kanyon another shot in the ring. He
      wasn't great, but he wasn't bad. And yes, I would most definitely like to
      see some kind of return of Randy Savage.

      E-mail your thoughts and opinions to v-man@....

      Special note: Happy Birthday to my mom. She turns the big 5-0 today. Love
      you mom! See, I do have feelings, people.