    Feb 1, 2006

      Wednesday February 1st 2006 Issue #2172

      We have kicked off our WrestleMania 22 promotion at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/promotions/wm22/ . Anything related to
      WM will be posted there for easy access, plus we're going to have to
      usual downloads and prizes. For now, you have to be happy with the
      trailer only and the annoying 'Big Time' music. Damn that theme sucks.

      2KW is a non-profit organization based on wrestling trivia
      competition, role-playing and writing. For free membership
      visit http://2kw.woogley.net or email CAIDOO2KW@...

      Get the latest insider news headlines from WWE, TNA, ROH, UFC,
      PRIDE, K-1 and more with Death of WCW bestselling author Bryan
      Alvarez. Check out http://www.F4Wonline.com

      > VINCE MCMAHON ACCUSED OF GROPING TANNING SALON ATTENDANT
      - The Palm Beach Post is reporting that Vince McMahon groped a tanning
      salon attendant in Boca Raton, where he and his family share a luxurious
      apartment at the Execlsior on South Ocean Boulevard. The attendant told
      police that McMahon - who is a regular at the tanning salon - came late
      Sunday night and things got weird. "The alleged victim says Mr. McMahon
      first showed pictures of himself naked on his cellphone," said one
      source, who saw the police report which is expected to be made public
      this week. "Then she says he made unwelcome advances and finally
      cornered her in a tanning booth and groped her." When the Post called
      the McMahons, Vince wasn't in but his wife Linda called the allegations
      "totally bizarre" while his daughter Stephanie confirmed that he went
      there on Sunday night but wasn't aware that something happened. The
      tanning attendant's name is being withheld until police investigate
      further and classify the nature of the alleged incident.
      - [Discuss topic:
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2106] -

      > ROCK LINED UP FOR AN AWARD
      - And no, he's not nominated for the Academy Awards, but the complete
      opposite - the Razzies! The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation has
      released the nominees for the worst of the worst in the movie business
      and The Rock makes his first appearance in the Razzies for his work in
      the video game movie 'Doom'. Other actors who are fighting with The Rock
      for this, erm, prestigious award are Tom Cruise for 'War of the Worlds',
      Will Ferrell for 'Bewitched and Kicking & Screaming', Jamie Kennedy for
      'Son of the Mask ' and Rob Schneider for 'Deuce Bigalow: European
      Gigolo'. 'Doom' was a colossal flop for Universal, with a budget of $60
      million. It only managed a little over $28 million in the United States
      while it received almost $26 million overseas with Germany, Russia and
      Australia the biggest markets. More info about the Razzies at
      http://www.razzies.com
      - [Discuss topic:
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2101] -

      > RAW DELIVERS BIG AGAIN
      - WWE officials must be doing cartwheels at their Stamford headquarters
      as RAW pulled yet another strong rating this week, getting a 4.5
      composite off hours 4.4 in the first hour and 4.6 in the second. The
      number matches last week's 4.5 as well. In weekend numbers, AM Raw did a
      0.6 with a 1.5 share for Saturday's show. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen
      Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)
      - [Discuss topic:
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2105] -

      > STOCKS
      - Stocks closed the day at 14.46, a 2.12% increase over yesterday's
      closing. The day's range was 14.51 - 15.04.
      - [Discuss topic: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/%5d -

      //->> THE LEGACY OF TRUTH
      By Chris Bernes -[thelegacyoftruth@...]-

      I am having a random thought attack. And, as usual, when I suffer from
      this I feel the need to share it with all of you.

      Here we go: My first Random Thoughts of the year 2006!

      - You can take Trish, Mickie, and Ashley and put them all out to
      pasture. The HOTTEST WWE diva is one Maria Kannelis. She can interview
      me backstage ANYTIME!

      - I thoroughly enjoyed the 2006 Royal Rumble. Hell, I even thought Mark
      Henry actually did a good job, and finally did something to earn a small
      piece of his 10 year contract.... too bad it's up in 6 months.

      - Rey Mysterio winning the Royal Rumble match was a breath of fresh air
      that I am sure nobody saw coming. However, what is beginning to bother
      me is the whole "Doing it for Eddie" thing. I mean, aside from the RAW
      tribute and the match Bret Hart and Chris Benoit had on Nitro, how many
      people did things constantly "For Owen" after his tragic passing?? I
      liked Eddie, but come on, enough is enough....

      - TNA's next pay-per-view looks like it is going to be purchased by me.
      How could I stay away from the Samoa Joe vs. AJ Style vs. Christopher
      Daniels X division match?? On top of that, my curiosity is piqued by
      seeing Jeff Jarrett vs. Christian Cage for the NWA championship... will
      ol' Double J book himself to go over yet again against a former WWE star
      to feed his own ego, or will he let the fans have something they rarely
      get: A champion they actually want to see?

      - It's days like today that I wish the James Gang were still in the WWE
      as the New Age Outlaws... because they were the best tag team of the
      last 10 years in the WWE.

      - Where is Jason Clevett?

      - From the "If The WWE were real" department: If WWE stars are free to
      switch sides at their leisure to pursue titles they otherwise wouldn't
      have had an opportunity to battle for in their respective "brands", why
      have two rosters at all? Put 'em back together and give the people the
      most bang for their buck.

      - Is it necessary to have the large Undertaker production at the Rumble,
      when usually the mere sight of him is enough to pop a crowd? I really
      dislike the "magic powers" of UT....

      - From the mouths of babes: 14-year old wrestling fan Jason D. from
      Groton, Ct. pointed out to me just how utterly annoying Mickie James'
      voice is. I mean, I really never paid attention to her voice, since I
      tape Raw and fast-forward through any segment she is in. Man, her voice
      could drive a man to run screaming into the night! Good call, Jason!

      - I know I am gonna get "heat" for this from one particular reader....
      but damn, I hate the Spirit Squad!

      - Chris Bernes, author of "The Legacy Of Truth", is looking for the
      permanent retirement papers from some of his childhood favorites, which
      include (but are not limited to) Ric Flair, Jerry The King Lawler, Hulk
      Hogan, and Fit Finlay. One non-favorite who needs to ride off into the
      sunset before it's too late is Roddy Piper.

      - After all the hype surrounding his return, did Sting REALLY retire on
      TNA IMPACT this past week??

      - I really enjoy the Boogeyman gimmick.... but do we really need to see
      a wrestler who chews worms? Cripes, I thought the sh*tty gimmick era
      was over. maybe WWE could bring back Charles "Godfather" Wright to
      reprise his Papa Shango gimmick and team him with Boogey....

      - Tonight, John "Bradshaw" Layfield brings you "Wrestling God loses to
      40-year old rookie with worms in his mouth", next on Fox News!

      - The Rhino vs. Abyss match from this past week was far and away a
      better match than it had any business being.

      That's all for now. Please tip your waitress on your way out.

      � Copyright 1996-2006 Wrestling-Online.com