    Jan 2, 2003
      Largest selection of WWE JAKKS figures - www.WrestlingSuperstore.com

      | (_) | .` | |__ | || .` | _| Thursday January 2nd 2003

      Hey hey hey hey. Welcome to 2003! I hope everyone had a nice new year,
      mine could've been a lot better but oh well.

      As Jim Ross would say 'business is about to pick up'. After 11 days of
      rest, WWE crew are back on the road starting today so hopefully we'll
      have more news items than the past week or so.

      W-O Newsletter reader Chris Gaughan is looking for a tape of Velocity
      and Confidential which aired on Saturday December 28th. If anyone can
      help him drop him a line at sirch_nahgaug@... .

      That's all for today. Results of the 2002 W-O Awards are found in this
      issue below the WWE news. We'll be back tomorrow with more news and
      Lekisha's interview with former NWA champ Ron 'The Truth' Killings.

      Out.

      Post your comments/feedback on the news at our new Reader's Forum at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/fanboard
      Now available the most comprehensive book ever written on the sport of
      professional wrestling on CD The Pro Wrestling Encyclopedia. Profiling
      over 5,400 of your favorite wrestlers from 1880 to 2002, all the
      information you need can be found on this CD-ROM. Where else can you
      find almost 2000 pages of facts on the famous, infamous and not so
      famous? Check it out at HTTP://WWW.PWBOOK.COM

      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news

      > SMACKDOWN! LIVE TONIGHT
      - The first WWE TV show for the year 2003 hits the air tonight as
      Smackdown! will be live from Albuquerque, NM. No matches have been
      announced apart from the Al Wilson and Dawn Marie wedding ceremony and
      the challenge Matt Hardy made to Brock Lesnar last week. In other SD!
      related news, TE 2 winner Linda Miles will be hosting the SD! party from
      The World in New York. Right after Smackdown! a brand new episode of
      Tough Enough will air on MTV.

      > HAWAII WWE SHOWS SUFFER FROM TICKET SALES
      - The days on the road start again as the RAW crew will be performing
      two live shows today and tomorrow in Hawaii at the Neal S Blaisdell
      Arena. When the company visited Hawaii last year tickets were taken in
      record time with prices high as $100. This time around however none of
      the two shows are sold out. The Honolulu Advertiser newspaper reported
      earlier this week that there are still around 2,000 tickets left for the
      first show and 6,000 for the second show in an arena set up for around
      10,000 seats.

      > RATINGS
      - Ratings for last weekend have Velocity doing a 0.9 with a 1.5 share;
      Confidential a 0.8 with a 1.6 share and Heat doing a 1.1 with a 1.9
      share. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by
      1wrestling.com)

      > WRESTLEMANIA SEATING CHART
      - Ticketmaster.com revealed the WrestleMania XIX quite impressive
      seating chart on its website. There are 6 different categories of seats
      with 395 different sections. The stage is set on the outfield of the
      stadium and only few seated sections are behind it. You can check the
      map out at http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/123209/3705

      > NASH, MICHAELS ON BYTE THIS!
      - The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash will be the two
      guests of Byte This! tomorrow afternoon at 4PM EST on WWE.COM. To talk
      with any of the two you can call on 1-888-LIVEWWE between 4PM and 5PM
      EST. Windows Media Player is needed to watch the show. More information
      at WWE.COM.

      > STOCKS
      - Stocks closed the day at 8.30, a 3.11% increase over the previous
      closing. The day's range was 8.00 - 8.30.

      >> THE 2002 WRESTLING-ONLINE AWARDS
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/infocentral/special/2002awards/

      During the past month we held the voting for the 2002 Wrestling-Online
      Awards. Over 50,000 votes were counted in 16 different categories which
      had a total of 79 nominees. Below you'll find the winners of each
      category as well as the percentages of the votes they received. Some
      results may even surprise you!

      Wrestler Of The Year
      --------------------
      - Rob Van Dam: 35.25%
      - Kurt Angle: 28.31%
      - Triple H: 16.83%
      - Edge: 12.63%
      - Chris Jericho: 6.98%

      Tag Team Of The Year
      --------------------
      - Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle: 38.48%
      - Dudley Boyz: 22.31%
      - Billy and Chuck: 20.44%
      - Hardy Boyz: 13.00%
      - 3 Minute Warning: 5.77%

      Diva Of The Year
      ----------------
      - Molly Holly: 31.80%
      - Trish Stratus: 27.27%
      - Stacy Keibler: 20.55%
      - Torrie Wilson: 17.25%
      - Dawn Marie: 3.14%

      Breakout Wrestler Of The Year
      -----------------------------
      - Brock Lesnar: 84.80%
      - Chris Nowinski: 4.29%
      - Jamie Noble: 4.00%
      - John Cena: 3.91%
      - Randy Orton: 3.00%

      Match Of The Year
      -----------------
      - Booker T vs Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels vs Triple H vs RVD vs Kane
      at Survivor Series 2002: 30.13%
      - Triple H vs Shawn Michaels at SummerSlam 2002: 23.78%
      - Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar Hell In A Cell at No Mercy 2002: 17.90%
      - Edge vs Kurt Angle Hair vs Hair match at Judgment Day 2002: 14.59%
      - Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio at SummerSlam 2002: 13.60%

      Tag Team Match Of The Year
      --------------------------
      - Kane vs Jericho/Christian vs Bubba Ray/Spike Dudley vs Rob Van
      Dam/Jeff Hardy TLC IV on RAW: 38.30%
      - Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle vs Edge & Rey Mysterio at Unforgiven 2002:
      22.97%
      - Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle vs Edge & Rey Mysterio at Smackdown 2 out of
      3 Falls: 22.18%
      - Kevin Nash, Big Show, X-Pac, Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero vs Booker
      T, Goldust, Bubba Ray Dudley, Spike Dudley & Rob Van Dam on RAW: 10.07%
      - Bubba Ray, Spike Dudley & Jeff Hardy vs 3 Minute Warning & Rico at
      Survivor Series 2002: 6.48%

      Face Of The Year
      ----------------
      - Rob Van Dam: 41.07%
      - Hulk Hogan: 26.10%
      - Booker T: 14.62%
      - The Rock: 12.90%
      - Triple H: 5.31%

      Heel Of The Year
      ----------------
      - Triple H: 38.81%
      - Chris Jericho: 25.27%
      - Brock Lesnar: 15.10%
      - Kurt Angle: 14.45%
      - Undertaker: 6.36%

      TV Show Of The Year
      -------------------
      - RAW: 45.19%
      - Smackdown!: 42.51%
      - Confidential: 7.22%
      - Tough Enough: 4.46%
      - Velocity: 0.62%

      Pay-Per-View Of The Year
      ------------------------
      - WrestleMania X8: 39.77%
      - Survivor Series: 28.46%
      - SummerSlam: 21.78%
      - Royal Rumble: 6.58%
      - King Of The Ring: 3.41%

      Angle Of The Year
      -----------------
      - Shawn Michaels comes back: 32.56%
      - Bischoff and Stephanie as General Managers: 23.02%
      - Vince McMahon recruits the nWo: 18.44%
      - Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle tag team rivals: 13.31%
      - The brand extension: 12.67%

      Story Of The Year
      -----------------
      - Steve Austin quits WWE: 55.77%
      - Eric Bischoff signs with WWE: 16.09%
      - Hogan, Nash, Hall sign with WWE: 12.14%
      - WWF changes name to WWE: 9.50%
      - Scott Steiner signs with WWE: 6.50%

      Commentator Of The Year
      -----------------------
      - Jim Ross: 38.76%
      - Jerry 'The King' Lawler: 34.28%
      - Tazz: 21.08%
      - Michael Cole: 5.88%

      Finishing Move Of The Year
      --------------------------
      - Brock Lesnar's F5: 50.11%
      - Rob Van Dam's Five Star Frog Splash: 23.14%
      - Rey Mysterio's West Coast Pop: 17.43%
      - Kidman's Shooting Star Press: 7.07%
      - Eddie Guerrero's Frog Splash: 2.24%

      Entrance Of The Year
      --------------------
      - Undertaker: 28.64%
      - Chris Jericho: 25.23%
      - Rey Mysterio: 21.58%
      - Brock Lesnar: 14.43%
      - Jeff Hardy: 10.12%

      W-O Columnist Of The Year
      - Lekisha Oliver 'Belle Of The Brawl': 28.93%
      - Ian Hamilton 'Knives Out': 22.37%
      - Jason Clevett 'Don't Blame Canada': 17.45%
      - Chris Bernes 'Legacy Of The Truth': 17.00%
      - Rick Rockwell 'The Abnormal Stretch: 14.24%