Jessie Jane - Looking for a Beta

  • J.J. Cheshire
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 14, 2005
      I'm thinking of starting an Atlantis fic (ok, I written a part of it)
      and I need a fact checker and a "does this paragraph make sense"
      checker.

      It will center on John Sheppard (my main guy)with bits of the team,
      original characters that are essential to the plot and some of the
      established secondary characters of Atlantis.

      Just a warning: I'm a "bare bones" writer. I need someone to kick
      me every once in a while and to remind me that "details and
      descriptions" are important to the story.

      ;.)

      And, hey, if you are also a beta for Combat!, Tour of Duty, SG-1, Mag
      7 or Emergency!, that wouldn't hurt either.

      I will keep an open mind about any and all suggestions.

      Jessie Jane
      FourSilverArrows@...
      foursilverarrows@...
    • Akkera Maa
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 14, 2005
        Hy, uhm... I am in no way a grammar beta, but I can
        help with facts and the kicking part... I do need
        kicks in return though. But I think we can help each
        other... righ?

        --- "J.J. Cheshire" <FourSilverArrows@...> wrote:

        > I'm thinking of starting an Atlantis fic (ok, I
        > written a part of it)
        > and I need a fact checker and a "does this paragraph
        > make sense"
        > checker.
        >
        > It will center on John Sheppard (my main guy)with
        > bits of the team,
        > original characters that are essential to the plot
        > and some of the
        > established secondary characters of Atlantis.
        >
        > Just a warning: I'm a "bare bones" writer. I need
        > someone to kick
        > me every once in a while and to remind me that
        > "details and
        > descriptions" are important to the story.
        >
        > ;.)
        >
        > And, hey, if you are also a beta for Combat!, Tour
        > of Duty, SG-1, Mag
        > 7 or Emergency!, that wouldn't hurt either.
        >
        > I will keep an open mind about any and all
        > suggestions.
        >
        > Jessie Jane
        > FourSilverArrows@...
        > foursilverarrows@...

        __________________________________
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • J.J. Cheshire
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 14, 2005
          --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, Akkera Maa <minkaamarra@y...>
          wrote:

          > Hy, uhm... I am in no way a grammar beta, but I can
          > help with facts and the kicking part... I do need
          > kicks in return though. But I think we can help each
          > other... righ?

          Sure! I can kick with the best of them!

          Now, I have done some beta work in The Magnificent 7 fandom (mostly
          for story plot and flow) so I'm not new to doing beta work.

          Or kicking.

          ;.)

          I just can't see my own mistakes most of the time.

          Jessie Jane
        • Akkera Maa
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 15, 2005
            Good to hear,

            I think we can help each other there, for I have
            exactly the same problem, I don't see my own typos.
            How about a exchange huh? I send you mine, you send me
            yours? You can try to get control of my grammar and I
            can kick your Stargate techno babble into the right
            lines... how about that?

            Well if you don't want to, have fun reading my fic
            anyway.There are 99 more to come - due to the
            fanfic100 challenge and I am still in need to find
            someone for the other 99 stories so tell me what you
            think!!

            Jeez I am babbling now!

            Anyway! Thank you...
            AMI

            --- "J.J. Cheshire" <FourSilverArrows@...> wrote:

            > --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, Akkera Maa
            > <minkaamarra@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hy, uhm... I am in no way a grammar beta, but I
            > can
            > > help with facts and the kicking part... I do need
            > > kicks in return though. But I think we can help
            > each
            > > other... righ?
            > >

            > Sure! I can kick with the best of them!
            >
            > Now, I have done some beta work in The Magnificent 7
            > fandom (mostly
            > for story plot and flow) so I'm not new to doing
            > beta work.
            >
            > Or kicking.
            >
            > ;.)
            >
            > I just can't see my own mistakes most of the time.
            >
            > Jessie Jane

            __________________________________
            Yahoo! Music Unlimited
            http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
          • J.J. Cheshire
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 19, 2005
              Hi, AMI!

              I was wondering if I sent your story file back correctly. I sent it on
              the 15th and I was wondering what you thought about my beta skills.
              Such as they are!

              LOL

              On my stuff that I was going to send you on Monday -- I decided that it
              needed a total rewrite. I've scrapped what I had and I've started all
              over again.

              The narrative wasn't working at all and I just couldn't seem to get
              across what I wanted.

              <sigh!>

              Are you still available to beta if I ever do get the story more up to
              par?

              It might be a few weeks.

              Jessie Jane
              FourSilverArrows@...
              foursilverarrows@...

              --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, Akkera Maa <minkaamarra@y...> wrote:
              > Well if you don't want to, have fun reading my fic
              > anyway.There are 99 more to come - due to the
              > fanfic100 challenge and I am still in need to find
              > someone for the other 99 stories so tell me what you
              > think!!
              >
              > Jeez I am babbling now!
              >
              > Anyway! Thank you...
              > AMI

            • minkaamarra
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 20, 2005
                uhm, where did you send it too? OR I just mist it.. because, frankly,
                I am new at this whole Yahoo mailinglist thing and I have no clue what
                to do where...

                Yes, I will be still avaiable for beta, just mail me than.

                --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. Cheshire"
                <FourSilverArrows@a...> wrote:

                > Hi, AMI!
                >
                > I was wondering if I sent your story file back correctly. I sent it on
                > the 15th and I was wondering what you thought about my beta skills.
                > Such as they are!
                >
                > LOL
                >
                > On my stuff that I was going to send you on Monday -- I decided that it
                > needed a total rewrite. I've scrapped what I had and I've started all
                > over again.
                >
                > The narrative wasn't working at all and I just couldn't seem to get
                > across what I wanted.
                >
                > <sigh!>
                >
                > Are you still available to beta if I ever do get the story more up to
                > par?
                >
                > It might be a few weeks.
                >
                > Jessie Jane
                > FourSilverArrows@a...
                > foursilverarrows@y...
                >

                > --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, Akkera Maa <minkaamarra@y...> wrote:
                > > Well if you don't want to, have fun reading my fic
                > > anyway.There are 99 more to come - due to the
                > > fanfic100 challenge and I am still in need to find
                > > someone for the other 99 stories so tell me what you
                > > think!!
                > >
                > > Jeez I am babbling now!
                > >
                > > Anyway! Thank you...
                > > AMI

              • J.J. Cheshire
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 20, 2005
                  Hi, AMI:

                  I'm sorry! I should have contacted you earlier and asked how you
                  wanted me to return the file to you or if you had received it!

                  I sent the file offlist to your yahoo e-mail address.

                  The Subject line was: Hide & Seek with shooting starts - Jessie Jane.

                  I can resend it again if you need me to. Just tell me what e-mail
                  address you want me to use so you can see if it shows up.

                  Jessie Jane
                  FourSilverArrows@...