Beta request

  • keikokin
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 10, 2005
      Hiya,

      My pen name is Keikokin. I've written in many fandoms, and I'm rather
      prolific. I'm new to writing to the SGA fandom. From a beta - I need
      someone to proofread your story and give gentle, but detailed
      constructive criticism, such as characterisation, plot, science, and
      narrative. I do have a beta who will be looking it over for the basic
      grammar and spelling problems, so that should be rather well taken
      care of, but I believe I will need a 'spit and polish' beta.

      I just posted a story "Golden Silence" to the Wraithbait archive so
      that will give you an idea of my writing style and whether or not you
      are willing to consider taking me under your wing. I only write slash
      and in SGA, I like the McShep pairing, though I might add background
      pairings to bring depth to the story.

      I prefer a beta who puts corrections and suggestions in colored
      paragraphs, so I can try to learn from my mistakes. But if a good
      relationship forms then I give my beta carte blanche for editing.
      Well, I guess that's all. Oh and my real name is KT.

      Thanks for the consideration,
      Keikokin
    • Lorelle
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 10, 2005
        Oh, yes please! Pick me! I'd love to Beta for you. I went and read
        your story and I really liked it. I've been reading for about 5
        different people and I think they're happy with me. My only
        suggestion would be to leave your grammar/punctuation person to last.
        I find that suggestions and ideas go back and forth, things get
        changed a bit and so on - so I wouldn't fuss about getting the
        punctuation EXACTLY right until you've settled on the grammar and
        other suggestions. I'm good with grammar and pretty good with
        punctuation, so I can probably help with the bulk of it anyway. Hope
        to hear from you :)
      • Keikokin
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 11, 2005
          Hiya,
          Boy, I hope that you were talking to me. Such enthusiasm! Oh my, I rarely get that.  Could you please email me at Keikokin@... and let me know what format I can send any stories in to you (in line text, attachment) I have Word Office XP 2000.
          Thank you very much,
          Keikokin

        • Kat Ellis
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 25, 2006
            Hello,
            I'm having some problems getting e-mails to my usual beta (but if you read this penny let me know that you are out there and I'll re-send) and would appreciate it if someone could beta-read a chapter of a story I'm writing so that I can post it this week.  The story is called Calypso, parts 1 to 3 are currently on wraithbait and it is rated PG13.
            I'm mainly looking for a check on canon, characterisation, grammar (especially dialogue...) and keeping Americans speaking American not English.
            The story is a team fic set in season 1 and is mainly action and adventure with some angst, mystery and hurt / comfort thrown in for good measure.  If you are interested in helping out please drop me a line.
            Aeddi,
            Kat.
          • Slade, Penny
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 25, 2006
              I'm here! :) My email did blow up a little over the weekend, maybe that was the issue? You can try sending it to my alternate email pennydreadful@..... :D

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
                Hi penny,
                Good to hear you're still out there.
                FYI I've tried sending mails to you 3 more times since Monday (both addresses) but not sure if you've got any of them.  Could you let me know if you have?
                Kat.
                PS apologies for using the list like this but the gremlins are busy eating my mails in the ether and I need to know!

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
                  I did get one from you yesterday, sorry I didn't reply yet. :)

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
                    No probs at all - I'm sorry to be a nag but the gremlins like the taste of my e-mails and eat them so I need reassurance that some are getting through...

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 12, 2011
                      Hi have a gen & hopefully somewhat humorous piece. Its a weird crossover though its not necessary to know the crossover. The prompt was: SGA/The Incredibles: Edna Mode designs the team's outfits.

                      It's Sheppard & Lorne's teams that have to be measured for new uniforms. Anyhoo, its just under 3k *shakes head* IDEK, but le muse liked the prompt. Any takers? I'm hoping for a quick turn around. You can respond here or email me privately with beta in the subject line.

                      Thanks in advance =)
                      Denyce~
                    • Amanda
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 30, 2011
                        Denyce,

                        I would be more than willing to beta for you. I haven't actually BETA'd for this site yetbut I assume it is the same as for others. You send me the story I edit it and send it back?

                        Anyway feel free to send it on, look forward to reading it
                      • denyce36
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 3, 2011
                          Hi,

                          Sorry I didn't catch this right away; its a crazy time of year that has me more scatter-brain than usual ;) I do appreciate the offer - thank you!!

                          However it's been beta'd and posted here if you're interested: http://archiveofourown.org/works/279937

                          I will probably have a couple of small snips/one shots that will need to be beta'd before Christmas if you're interested? I haven't written them yet, but its a given it'll be SGA with Lorne/? (slashed with Ronon, Sheppard, Zelenka, or Eliot Spencer). This month I'm only writing SGA, Dark Angel, and possibly Leverage. If you are interested you can email me privately at: denyce36 (at) yahoo.com with Beta in the subject line - if not no worries and thanks again =)

                          Ta denyce~