I need a beta

  • victoriaely
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 4, 2005
      I'm writing my first Atlantis fic :)
      It's a gen story, (there will be more, actually) about how the members
      of atlantis find their homes when they return to Earth.
      the first one is with Carson :)
      Hopefully there won't be many grammar problems, I'm looking for
      someone to tell me if the characters feel ok and if the plot is ok.
      I have a few ideas buzzing, so I'll probably have them soon.
      hope to hear from you guys :)
      rox
    • Lorelle
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 4, 2005
        I would be happy to read over it for you. I've beta'd for a few
        authors now and I don't think I've offended anyone. Send it over
        anytime if it's ready :)
      • Lorelle
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 4, 2005
          I would be happy to read over it for you. I've beta'd for a few
          authors now and I don't think I've offended anyone. Send it over
          anytime if it's ready :)
        • anyanka_eg
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 10 3:25 PM
            I've got the next chapter of Nephelai (4 chapters on Wraithbait here
            http://www.wraithbait.com/viewstory.php?sid=7474) and I need someone to
            spot my glaring errors and more importantly make sure I don't sound too
            English. By that I mean make sure I sound American or Canadian and not
            like an Agatha Christie novel. Azrael, my usual beta is unavailable, so
            I really need someone so I can post soon.

            Have a read of the other chapters and then let me know if you want the
            job.

            thanks in advance
          • ionaonie
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 11 5:30 AM
              Hey

              I'd be more than happy to look it over for you. I'm very happy to see
              another chapter is in the making. I keep wanting to know what happens.

              Send it over if you want.

              Iona
            • magdalenabiondi
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 8, 2008
                Hi,

                After not writting for a long time I started with a new story. I'm
                not a native speaker of English and this will be the second story I
                write in this language. Though I have some knowledge on how to write
                in English, it may not be good... but I'm sure you'll have no
                problems understanding anything.

                It's a GEN story. For now, only the prologue is ready, but I'm
                almost finishing the first chapter. It starts with the SG 1, but it
                will soon be a crossover between SG and SGA. Its an AU.

                I need grammatical and spelling correction and of course any other
                commentaries will be appreciated. I must warn you, I've only seen
                two episodes of the first season and a few of the last of Stargate
                SG 1, so the characters may be off character. If anyone knows where
                I can watch the serie?

                Well, I'm getting off topic now. To sum up, GEN story, crossover
                eventually), native Spanish speaker, grammatical and spelling
                correction... Did I forget anything? If so please ask.

                Let me know if you are interested... I promise not to disapear again
                (like I did with my first story. It's just that my muse abandoned
                that story to start this one instead)

                Kisses,

                Magdalena
              • Zafra Davian
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 8, 2008

                  I would be willing to take a look at it. I'm kinda crazy about characterization, though, just a warning. lol If it's *consistent* then that's ok. I'll live with it.

                  Now who's rambling? Anyway, far as the episodes, I would try either iTunes if you can afford it (1.99each, I think, US) or I have had luck finding them on usenet. You would have to pay for an account to download, but then you could get so much more besides that (I get music, movies, etc) for around $10 a month.

                  Some people might have other ideas. I know there were some people in the Buffy fandom who were doing sales of VCR tapes (I got season 2 that way) but that's *so* last century. :)

                  Melody

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 9, 2008
                    You can get all of the episodes from www.mininova.com just type in the episode code

                    Stargate Atlantis S01E01 = Rising Pt.1 etc. and its all free just download the free torrent Azureus, uTorrent or Bitcomet and then open the torrent file. If you have a good connection it should download fairly quickly also stick to trusted sources or you could get fake files from porn uploaders. [eztv] are the most reliable uploaders out there.

[...]

                    Search 1000's of available singles in your area at the new Yahoo!7 Dating. Get Started.

                  • Magdalena Biondi
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 9, 2008
                      thanks for the information... I'll try it out...
                      kisses
                      Magdalena

                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 9, 2008
                        Thanks for answering so quickly... Am I supposed to send it here? I'm not entirely sure... well, you let me know and I'll send it as soon as I know. And I'll apologize now for driving you insane with this. I try to make the characters be consistent, but there are little details I may get wrong.

                        Hoping to hear form you soon (so I'll know I didn't scare you away lol)

                        Magdalena

                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 9, 2008
                          On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Magdalena Biondi
                          <magdalenabiondi@...> wrote:
                          > Thanks for answering so quickly... Am I supposed to send it here? I'm not
                          > entirely sure... well, you let me know and I'll send it as soon as I know.

                          You normally send your story offlist, directly to the person who has
                          offered to beta for you, rather than to the list directly.

                          --
                          love and Thorntons' chocolates

                          Al

                          unconsciousmind - www.unconsciousmind.co.uk
                        • Magdalena Biondi
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 9, 2008
                            Oh, okay. Thank you.
                            Kisses

                            unconsciousmind - www.unconsciousmind .co.uk

                          • Maddie Mumford

                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 14, 2008
                                lol   The difference is one letter... I'm still looking for someone with my exact name though, can you believe I do not know anyone with my same name?
                                lol
                                kisses
                                Magdalena