I need a beta (she sings in a Bonnie Tyler attemps)

  • Marie-France
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2005
      I'm holding out for a beta, not 'til the end of the night, just
      'til someone is kind and generous enough to offer their time, their
      critique, their grammar skills.

      It's a gen, darkish, Rodneyesque, teamish fic, or it will be.
      Presently abusing the 3rd chapter, nowhere near done. Need someone
      to assess the damage, say whether or not I should give up on poor
      ol' McKay.

      Commentaries on the flow, the characterisation, the readability as
      well as any pertaining to grammar would be immensely helpful,
      appreciated, honoured! Verb tenses are driving me to madness.

      So, dear beta reader, no need to be strong, nor fast, nor fresh from
      the fight. Simply, patient and full of constructive criticism and I
      shall love you forever!

      Apologies to all, that song just gets stuck in my head whenever I
      read I need a beta. It just, slips right in.

      Marie
    • Lorelle
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2005
        Would love to do it for you (as long as I don't need to know any
        Bonnie Tyler music) Can help with pretty much everything, except if
        the storyline is post-Season One. We're not up to date in Australia.
        Not worried about spoilers (I think I've already been well and truly
        spoiled), but it's just if you need someone who is right up to date
        with the storyline, then that's not me. Let me know. Hope to hear
        from you.
      • Angela :D
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2005
          Hey I also am willing to give my best to beta your fic. I must admit I
          am a big McKay fan. I am up-to-date in season 2 and I am so looking
          forward to Grace under pressure - McKay all the way...sorry getting a
          little excited :D

          Anegla :D

          --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, "Marie-France" <marie-france@i...>
          wrote:

          > I'm holding out for a beta, not 'til the end of the night, just
          > 'til someone is kind and generous enough to offer their time, their
          > critique, their grammar skills.
          >
          > It's a gen, darkish, Rodneyesque, teamish fic, or it will be.
          > Presently abusing the 3rd chapter, nowhere near done. Need someone
          > to assess the damage, say whether or not I should give up on poor
          > ol' McKay.
          >
          > Commentaries on the flow, the characterisation, the readability as
          > well as any pertaining to grammar would be immensely helpful,
          > appreciated, honoured! Verb tenses are driving me to madness.
          >
          > So, dear beta reader, no need to be strong, nor fast, nor fresh from
          > the fight. Simply, patient and full of constructive criticism and I
          > shall love you forever!
          >
          > Apologies to all, that song just gets stuck in my head whenever I
          > read I need a beta. It just, slips right in.
          >
          > Marie

        • victoriaely
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2005
            I'd love to beta your story.
            I've seen all the eps that aired so far (that means epiphany included).
            I've beta'ed a few stories and had no complaints :)
            I can't wait to hear from you
            rox

            wrote:

            > I'm holding out for a beta, not 'til the end of the night, just
            > 'til someone is kind and generous enough to offer their time, their
            > critique, their grammar skills.
            >
            > It's a gen, darkish, Rodneyesque, teamish fic, or it will be.
            > Presently abusing the 3rd chapter, nowhere near done. Need someone
            > to assess the damage, say whether or not I should give up on poor
            > ol' McKay.
            >
            > Commentaries on the flow, the characterisation, the readability as
            > well as any pertaining to grammar would be immensely helpful,
            > appreciated, honoured! Verb tenses are driving me to madness.
            >
            > So, dear beta reader, no need to be strong, nor fast, nor fresh from
            > the fight. Simply, patient and full of constructive criticism and I
            > shall love you forever!
            >
            > Apologies to all, that song just gets stuck in my head whenever I
            > read I need a beta. It just, slips right in.
            >
            > Marie

          • nimcat2000
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2005
              Lorelle,

              are you cheating on me? :-) :-P
              i sent you an e-mail with a fic, but i got mixed up about the
              addresses, so please drop me a line if you got it or not.

              and marie, sorry about hijacking you thread, and looking forward to
              reading your fic.

              nim the cat