beta request

  • miceinhell
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2005
      Author: micehell
      subject: mid-length gen story (I know, what's up with that) about
      John. Set in his childhood... which I seem to be fixated with.
      Certain amount of angst, but no warnings needed.

      What's needed: I don't really need someone for copy editing here
      (though, sure, I certainly don't mind when my typos are pointed out).
      What I'm after is someone to critique the story; tell me where the
      writing's weak, stilted, what have you. I'm also after someone who
      can tell me if the whole thing is too much like 8000 other stories out
      there. If you choose to beta for me, you won't have to worry about
      being polite. It may be a bit of a smack to the ego when someone
      trashes my stuff, but that's momentary, and I'd much rather have that
      than to put something out with problems that someone was too nice to
      tell me about. ;)

      I should be finished with the first draft either later today, or
      tomorrow. I just wanted to line the beta up in advance, if I can.
      You can get hold of me by either replying directly (not to the group,
      because I might not see it) to this, or writing me at micehell at
      rodentinferno dot com.

      thanks

      (if you would like to evaluate my writing before you agree, just keep
      in mind that though this story is completely gen, I'm normally a slash
      writer. But you can see my stories on the archive or at my site,
      http://rodentinferno.com )
    • Linda
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2005
        Hi micehell,

        I'm willing to help if you still need someone :) Just mail it on
        through and i'll oblige as quick as possible.

        Linda

        --- In wraithbeta@yahoogroups.com, "miceinhell" <micehell@e...> wrote:

        > Author: micehell
        > subject: mid-length gen story (I know, what's up with that) about
        > John. Set in his childhood... which I seem to be fixated with.
        > Certain amount of angst, but no warnings needed.
        >
        > What's needed: I don't really need someone for copy editing here
        > (though, sure, I certainly don't mind when my typos are pointed
        out).
        > What I'm after is someone to critique the story; tell me where the
        > writing's weak, stilted, what have you. I'm also after someone who
        > can tell me if the whole thing is too much like 8000 other stories
        out
        > there. If you choose to beta for me, you won't have to worry about
        > being polite. It may be a bit of a smack to the ego when someone
        > trashes my stuff, but that's momentary, and I'd much rather have
        that
        > than to put something out with problems that someone was too nice
        > tell me about. ;)
        >
        > I should be finished with the first draft either later today, or
        > tomorrow. I just wanted to line the beta up in advance, if I can.
        > You can get hold of me by either replying directly (not to the
        group,
        > because I might not see it) to this, or writing me at micehell at
        > rodentinferno dot com.
        >
        > thanks
        >
        > (if you would like to evaluate my writing before you agree, just
        keep
        > in mind that though this story is completely gen, I'm normally a
        slash
        > writer. But you can see my stories on the archive or at my site,
        > http://rodentinferno.com )

      • micehell
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 28, 2005
          Much thanks.  I'll send it through either tonight or tomorrow.  No rush. :)