I need a beta

  • magdalenabiondi
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 8, 2008
      Hi,

      After not writting for a long time I started with a new story. I'm
      not a native speaker of English and this will be the second story I
      write in this language. Though I have some knowledge on how to write
      in English, it may not be good... but I'm sure you'll have no
      problems understanding anything.

      It's a GEN story. For now, only the prologue is ready, but I'm
      almost finishing the first chapter. It starts with the SG 1, but it
      will soon be a crossover between SG and SGA. Its an AU.

      I need grammatical and spelling correction and of course any other
      commentaries will be appreciated. I must warn you, I've only seen
      two episodes of the first season and a few of the last of Stargate
      SG 1, so the characters may be off character. If anyone knows where
      I can watch the serie?

      Well, I'm getting off topic now. To sum up, GEN story, crossover
      eventually), native Spanish speaker, grammatical and spelling
      correction... Did I forget anything? If so please ask.

      Let me know if you are interested... I promise not to disapear again
      (like I did with my first story. It's just that my muse abandoned
      that story to start this one instead)

      Kisses,

      Magdalena
    • Zafra Davian
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 8, 2008

        I would be willing to take a look at it. I'm kinda crazy about characterization, though, just a warning. lol If it's *consistent* then that's ok. I'll live with it.

        Now who's rambling? Anyway, far as the episodes, I would try either iTunes if you can afford it (1.99each, I think, US) or I have had luck finding them on usenet. You would have to pay for an account to download, but then you could get so much more besides that (I get music, movies, etc) for around $10 a month.

        Some people might have other ideas. I know there were some people in the Buffy fandom who were doing sales of VCR tapes (I got season 2 that way) but that's *so* last century. :)

        Melody

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 9, 2008
          You can get all of the episodes from www.mininova.com just type in the episode code

          Stargate Atlantis S01E01 = Rising Pt.1 etc. and its all free just download the free torrent Azureus, uTorrent or Bitcomet and then open the torrent file. If you have a good connection it should download fairly quickly also stick to trusted sources or you could get fake files from porn uploaders. [eztv] are the most reliable uploaders out there.

[...]

          Search 1000's of available singles in your area at the new Yahoo!7 Dating. Get Started.

        • Magdalena Biondi
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 9, 2008
            thanks for the information... I'll try it out...
            kisses
            Magdalena

            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 9, 2008
              Thanks for answering so quickly... Am I supposed to send it here? I'm not entirely sure... well, you let me know and I'll send it as soon as I know. And I'll apologize now for driving you insane with this. I try to make the characters be consistent, but there are little details I may get wrong.

              Hoping to hear form you soon (so I'll know I didn't scare you away lol)

              Magdalena

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 9, 2008
                On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Magdalena Biondi
                <magdalenabiondi@...> wrote:
                > Thanks for answering so quickly... Am I supposed to send it here? I'm not
                > entirely sure... well, you let me know and I'll send it as soon as I know.

                You normally send your story offlist, directly to the person who has
                offered to beta for you, rather than to the list directly.

                --
                love and Thorntons' chocolates

                Al

                unconsciousmind - www.unconsciousmind.co.uk
              • Magdalena Biondi
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 9, 2008
                  Oh, okay. Thank you.
                  Kisses

                  unconsciousmind - www.unconsciousmind .co.uk

                • Maddie Mumford

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 14, 2008
                      lol   The difference is one letter... I'm still looking for someone with my exact name though, can you believe I do not know anyone with my same name?
                      lol
                      kisses
                      Magdalena