Looking for a beta reader

  • amrei4077
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 27, 2008
      Hi! I am searching for a beta reader for a general drama SGA story. I
      am not a native speaker, so my main problems are grammar and
      punctation, there are also some problems with phrasing. The story is
      about a dead soldier and his/her last views on Atlantis. The length is
      a little over 1000 words. The rating is PG-13.
      I would really appreciate any help I can get.

      Thanks!
      Amrei
    • gamegirl1217
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
        I know you posted this around four months ago, however, if you are
        still looking for someone to beta this, I would be happy to look it
        over for you. It sounds like a very interesting idea.
      • Gyrmalcyn
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 6, 2008
          Sorry for the late reply!  I've been juggling school, an toddler, and packing for a move lately.  Time is disappearing far too fast for me!

          I would love to have a beta reader :)  I've been writing and re-writing so much of it, trying to achieve a sense of peace with this story, and I don't think I will until I've heard someone else's opinion.

          What formats work better for you?  I use Microsoft Office 2007, but I can downsave to 2003 if need be.

          Thank you so much!

          Jeanne

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 6, 2008
              That's okay! I know what it's like to be busy, I'm in a few advanced classes this year, so I can be quite busy occasionally too.

              I don't mind reading an AU story at all (in fact I'm used to people who dislike Dr. Keller, my friend is by no means fond of her) so that's no problem for me.

              I don't think our computer has Microsoft 2007, but we may still be able to open it. Send it in whatever format you want, and if it doesn't work, we can try the other.

              Also, this weekend I will be attending a Stargate convention in NJ so I'll have to start reading Monday if you send it.

              My name's Juliana, by the way. Nice to meet you, and I look forward to reading your story!

              -Juliana

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 7, 2008
                Hi, gamegirl1217!
                Thanks your offer, I really appreciate it. But I had luck and I
                finally found a great beta reader. Because of that I don't need any
                further help at the moment.
                But if you are still interested in reading the story, you will find it
                at www.wraithbait.com. The name of the story is "Thoughts of a dead
                soldier" and my penname there is MASH4077.
                Yours sincerely,
                Amrei
              • Juliana Doddridge
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 8, 2008
                  Okay, that's fine! Good luck with the story. =) I will definitely check it out!