Re: How to Beta

  • Lorelle
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2005
      Thankyou! I have Beta'd a few stories now and I wasn't really sure
      what was required of me. I bookmarked all your links and have started
      working my way through them alphabetically. I've just been to
      http://www.betsyda.com/writing/beta-read/beta-read.html
      and found it quite helpful. While I know some people only want
      spelling/grammar checked, this site provides a good guide for Beta-
      ing - simply by reading the comments of other Beta's - for those who
      have writers wanting something more detailed. I have been working by
      the idea that; you don't just comment on what is wrong/could be done
      differently, but also point out what sounds great/funny/etc. This
      seems to be working, so far (if anybody's looking for some really
      brief advice on how to beta). I will work my way through the rest of
      the links and let you know which others I find the most helpful.
    • lemontea58
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2005
        I'm glad you like the links. I've enjoyed reading up on the topic and
        related topics. I added a few extra links that I found. But I think
        I've added enough for a while :)