Seeking Beta for Adult Slash Story (McKay/Sheppard + other pairings, Humor)

  • Dorothy Marley
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7 6:18 PM
      I'm seeking betas for the following story:

      Title: Displacement
      Author: Dorothy Marley
      Rating: Explicit sexual content
      Pairings: Rodney McKay/John Sheppard, Radek Zelenka/John Sheppard,
      Radek Zelenka/(It would be a spoiler)
      Words: ~5,000
      Series: No
      Category: Humor, First Time
      over the size of another man's penis... Seems healthy enough to me."

      You can find the story posted here:

      http://dmarley.livejournal.com/63953.html

      At this point, I'm very interested in comments about the readability
      of the story. I'm concerned that some of my stylistic choices in the
      name of humor might be making the story difficult to read. I'm also
      concerned about plot continuity. Even though the story isn't meant to
      be taken completely seriously, I still want the narrative to flow from
      A to B to C without the reader wondering what they missed.

      Also, I said above that the last pairing is a spoiler. I'd like
      opinions on whether or not it is, in fact, a spoiler, or if I should
      just go ahead and put it in up front.

      Other than those specific issues, I'm seeking comments on, well,
      anything else. Characterization, plot and style are important to me,
      and I always welcome corrections on grammar and spelling. Or anything
      else. Please feel free to leave comments on the LJ post, or if you
      prefer to work through e-mail, I will be happy to send a text file
      either pasted in or as an attachment, whichever you would like.

      I plan to start revising probably in the next few weeks, so I'm
      looking for a turnaround time of two weeks from now (21st of March or
      thereabouts), but I'm not in a particular rush. The deadline is mostly
      so I can know when it's okay to start revising. :)

      Thanks very much in advance,

      Dorothy