How to Beta

  • lemontea58
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2005
      I'm somewhat new to beta reading, so I've been researching the topic
      lately. If anyone would like to share in my discoveries, you can find
      links to a variety of articles on this group's website, in the links
      section.
    • Lorelle
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2005
        Thankyou! I have Beta'd a few stories now and I wasn't really sure
        what was required of me. I bookmarked all your links and have started
        working my way through them alphabetically. I've just been to
        http://www.betsyda.com/writing/beta-read/beta-read.html
        and found it quite helpful. While I know some people only want
        spelling/grammar checked, this site provides a good guide for Beta-
        ing - simply by reading the comments of other Beta's - for those who
        have writers wanting something more detailed. I have been working by
        the idea that; you don't just comment on what is wrong/could be done
        differently, but also point out what sounds great/funny/etc. This
        seems to be working, so far (if anybody's looking for some really
        brief advice on how to beta). I will work my way through the rest of
        the links and let you know which others I find the most helpful.
      • lemontea58
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 24, 2005
          I'm glad you like the links. I've enjoyed reading up on the topic and
          related topics. I added a few extra links that I found. But I think
          I've added enough for a while :)